Did you know that there are camping bags that allow you to have them on and still move around? Read here about wearable sleeping bags for adults.
I have been in the outdoor activity for more than three decades already, this is mostly about mountaineering, so sleeping bags are one of three big items you have to have when you are in a cold mountain environment. Once you are in the bag, it can be unpleasant to get out of it when you have to do some simple job in the camp.
As far as I remember, it was Sierra Designs Mobile Mummy Sleeping Bag that appeared first on the market as a bag with mobility features. But if you search around you will realize that it has disappeared, at REI they had several versions but they are not available any longer, pity.
So what is a mobile sleeping bag or walk-around sleeping bag? Simply speaking, this is a bag designed with openings for legs and also for arms, so you can pass your legs and arms and walk around in the camp. Even if you do not move really, as the picture below shows, such openings for arms can be useful to take some snacks or to drink something while sitting protected in the bag.
When not in use for moving around, such openings for legs and for arms can be used for ventilation. You normally have options to close them completely if you feel cold. The video below shows one of such mobile sleeping bags, please have a look:
Actually, when you search on the Internet, you realize that there are no many sleeping bags on the market with such a design. This may change in the future, but below are some currently available interesting and versatile options that I could find. So have a look, here are wearable sleeping bags for adults ordered alphabetically so this is not ranking. Please follow the links for more details.
- Wearable, Innovative Zipper Design: Have you ever dreamed of staying in your cozy sleeping bag all day? Sportneer’s unique bottom zipper design makes that dream a reality. Just unzip the bottom to walk around and stretch your hands out for reading. Perfect for camping, family leisure, and office use.
- Warm Cotton Filling: After a long day of hiking, travel, or exploration, you deserve a great night’s sleep. The Sportneer Hoodie Sleeping Bag’s cotton stuffing is lightweight, soft and breathable— it’s like you’re sleeping on a cloud. You’ll stay toasty all night long, even at temperatures as low as 20 degree!
- Durable And Weather-resistant: Rain? Snow? Dust? This sleeping bag can handle it all. The top-of-the-line 210T polyester shell keeps heat in and moisture out.
- Lightweight And Portable: When packing for an outdoor adventure, saving space is the name of the game. Simply stash the Sportneer Hoodie Single Sleeping Bag in the included carrying bag for quick and compact storage.
- Machine Washable: Let your machine do the work for you. Just wipe off dirt and debris, toss the sleeping bag in the machine, and kick back and relax.
- Please know in advance:Manual measurement error 2~5cm;Sleeping Pad is not inlcluded.
- Shell:High quality iFlex 10D 500T Nylon with DWR,high density down proof weave(Waterproof);Lining:High quality iFlex 10D 500T Nylon with skin & soft,high density down proof weave. Fill:Grey Goose Down;Fill Power: 850 by America stand,800 by European Standard.
- Unfold Size:190cm*(Top122cm,Bottom105cm);Compressed size:20cm*12cm;Net Weight:440g; Fill weight:290g/10.2oz.
- Multi-Use design,can be used as sleeping bag,blanket,down coat,especially good for sleeping pad.
- Note:We are gradually updating the sleeping bag temperature rating to EN 13537 standard now, and orders will be shipped in random,you may recieve product with old temperature rating.
Last update on 2021-07-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you have any question, please use the comment box below. You might want to check our lists with best car-camping sleeping bags, and best winter sleeping bags. Check also these ultralight and ultra-compact backpacking sleeping quilts. Thank you for reading and have a nice day.
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.