Here you have the list with Vango tents for camping currently available on Amazon, and it includes the best selling tents from this brand, with a high waterproof rating and reasonable prices.
Did you know that Vango is a Scottish brand established in 1966 in Govan, and the brand’s name is an anagram of the place where the company is located? They have been building tents ever since.
Regarding the style, most of their tents in general, and this holds for those in the list here as well, are tunnel type. They acknowledge the fact that the weather is not always great when you are in the camp, and this is why most of their family camping tents have a huge living room plus a sleeping section which can have several separate rooms.
For example, the Vango Odyssey Air 800 Tent shown in the top picture above has 5 rooms; those include one central living room plus two inner tents with dividers on both sides.
For the same reason, they use a solid translucent PVC material for the windows. So such tents are fully enclosed and suitable for a cooler environment. This is why they rely on vents, and you always have them enough.
The floor in the living room may be either sewn-in and sealed, or it is linked in. The former option is better because you have the shell fully sealed and the inner tents (with their own extra floors) are completely protected, and there can be no cold drafts.
The support is either through classic poles (mostly fiberglass but also aluminum as well) and through air beams. You will see a few of such inflatable-technology tents here in the list. They have introduced this technology ion 2011. Such air beams cannot be broken by winds, they bounce back when the wind pressure changes.
But Vango tents usually have some extra technology for lateral stability, they call this TBS system (which means tension band system). Those are straps with buckles which are attached on the main axes of the tent and on the sides. When not in use (i.e., when the weather is calm) you simply unbuckle them and store in their specific pockets on the walls.
Regarding the waterproof rating, you have high values in all Vango’s tents, so the numbers are typically in the range 3000 – 6000 mm. You will never need more. So they usually have a much higher rating than Coleman tents or Ozark Trail tents.
So here is our list with Vango tents for camping, you will notice that many of them are Amazon Prime products so use this benefit and have the tent shipped for free. The prices are updated daily and all other data are accurate and fresh. The list is dynamic and new tents will appear occasionally, dependent on what is trending on Amazon.
- All in one pitching, makes tent simple and quick to pitch
- Protex 15D 3,000mm nylon flysheet, silicone/PU coated
- Pre-angled poles; greater internal space, provides effective bracing against side winds
- Protex 70D 6000mm HH polyester flysheet is highly waterproof and durable
- Weather tested by Certified features centers -EU standard EN5912
- Flysheet and inner pitch together making it simple and quick to pitch and pack
- The Vango patented tbs ii - tension band system ensures that your tent performs in adverse conditions, and can be disconnected if desired
- The protex 70 denier polyester flysheet is highly waterproof, durable and reliable. Exclusive to Vango, it will keep you comfortable and dry
- Pre-attached front extension: offering generous extra living space
- Diamond-clear pvc windows with privacy curtains - maximizes light and visibility
- 6 Person air beam tent with inflatable poles, quick and easy to pitch
- The beams in a Vango air beam create a strong and rigid tent structure. Very easy and quick to pitch
- Pre-angled air beams - achieves greater internal space than with a standard curve. Provides effective bracing against side winds
- Linked-in groundsheet, easy to clean and can be attached or detached from the living area
- Protex 70D 4,000Mm hh polyester flysheet - highly waterproof and durable fabric exclusive to Vango
- Material: 420-denier double rip stop Sentinel Pro fabric, 6000mm hydrostatic head
- Designed for campervans and motor home with a connection height between 70.87 - 82.68 inches
- Side attachment on awning
- Fully zipped mesh doors
- Webbing storm straps
- Semi-geodesic design gives a self-supporting structure with excellent balance between weight and stability
- ProTex 70D 5000 mm hexagonal polyester flysheet, 70D lightweight polyester and PowerLite 7001-T6 alloy poles
- Multi-function flysheet door can be opened from either side or rolled away completely
- Weather tested to the European standard EN5912
- Protex 70 denier polyester fire retardant flysheet
- Full mesh door on front and linked-in PE groundsheet in living area
- Patented Vango tension band system for extra stability
- Large diamond clear polyvinyl chloride windows with toggled privacy curtains
- Waterproof, durable and reliable
- Full stand-up height: maximum comfort and flexibility
- Multi-function doors on each side: fully open, partially open or fully closed
- Mesh vent panel on each door: can be closed wherever the weather turns
- Lantern hanging point: conveniently positioned to attach your lights
- 360 degree reflection points and outlines: high visibility, easy to spot in low light conditions
- Protex 70 denier polyester fire retardant flysheet with 4000mm HH - waterproof, durable and reliable
- Front and side entry - full mesh door on front. Linked-in PE groundsheet in living area
- Patented Vango TBD II - tension band system for extra stability
- Large diamond-clear PVC windows with toggled privacy curtains
- Full stand-up height throughout. Pitching time: 22 minutes
- PE groundsheets are robust, hardwearing and waterproof to 10,000mm; ideal fabric to stand up to the rigours of the most active of campers
- Breathable polyester inner tent- the fabric allows condensation to pass through, ensuring a comfortable nights sleep
- Inner first pitching; simple and quick to pitch, allowing the tent to be used without the flysheet in warm climates
- Pack size: L 51 x D 14
- Sentinel Active is strong, light and with a 3,000 mm HH rating, ensuring ideal quality and performance coupled with compact pack sizes
- Fully sewn-in groundsheet - adds to the comfort of your tent by providing a bug and draught free environment
- Diamond clear windows - maximise light and visibility
- Lights out inner tent - darker fabric reduces the amount of early morning light
- Easypack carry bag - oversized carry bag made from 15 percent more material with 50 percent more volume
Last update on 2019-12-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API