Solar energy is the cleanest, renewable, and readily available whenever the sun is up, and these solar-powered wrist watches for men can store it and they will always work without batteries.
You will see a variety of types, formal and casual, for different people and lifestyles. But no matter if you use a watch as a fashion accessory or as a tool with multiple functionalities, being battery-independent sounds great.
So how solar-powered watches work
These solar-powered watches come with a photovoltaic solar cell that collects light energy, stores it, and converts it into power that runs the watch. The cell is located underneath the dial and it can store enough energy to power the watch when it is dark. So what you will have on your wrist is a watch powered by light.
But some of them also have an extra battery which will power the watch for many months in case it is not exposed to light for a longer period. Now, for how long? Well this can be really long, think about months at least, this is how efficient these solar-powered men’s watches are. Note that the watch will be charged by light whenever you have it on your wrist or exposed to light in general, there is nothing you have to do on purpose to charge it. Just use it normally and forget about batteries and charging. They can be powered even if exposed to a flashlight.
There are no maintenance costs ever, and as you realize, this is an eco-friendly option so you can save money while still being environmentally friendly.
How to choose & what to expect from these solar-powered watches for men
Design & fit: I guess this is first where you might want to start, and you will realize from the list that some of the watches are very sleek and elegant, and some are robust and suitable for casual wearing, and outdoor activities.
This is also related to the size, you will see big differences. Also, there is a variety of color options for bands, dials, and the case. Observe that you have analog and digital displays, and in many examples you have them both.
The bands can be built from various materials so this is related to fit, you should know what suits you best. Metal bands are heavier but they might offer more options for a better fit. Metal bands mostly come with a clasp while you can have a buckle in other types like those made of leather or canvas.
Materials: This is related to the design and also to the durability. Stainless steel is the most durable but also a heavier option than any other. Many sports models are with a lightweight but strong resin, or poly-carbonate case.
Features: Here you can have many things. After all these, watches work on electricity so you can have a stopwatch, time zones, date, alarm, compass, altimeter, barometer, thermometer. I have one with these features and use it for mountaineering and this is my wrist meteorological station.
Waterproofing: You will realize that most of the watches here are waterproof even when submerged to water up to some depth. Some manufacturers describe this in meters and feet, so you will see watches with 200 meters (660 ft) rating. Others describe it in bars. So swimming with such a watch or doing scuba diving is not a problem.
Note also that many of the watches in the list are Amazon Prime items so you can have them shipped for free. To save even more, you will notice that there always some of them that are on sale (those are with a green sale mark). All the watches here are picked up from Amazon best-sellers in this group, so you have plenty of reports by users and high ratings.
The prices are accurate and updated daily. The list is dynamic and there will be new items added when they become bestselling on Amazon, so bookmark this text and visit occasionally.
So here is lour collection with solar powered wrist watches for men, please follow the links and find out what makes them so popular, and note that we also have a separate list of such solar watches for women.
- Round watch with gleaming sunray dial featuring coin-edge bezel and day/date window at 3 o'clock
- 43 mm stainless steel case with Hardlex dial window
- Solar-powered Japanese quartz movement with analog display
- Nylon band with buckle closure
- Water resistant to 100 m (330 ft): In general, suitable for swimming and snorkeling, but not scuba diving.
- Solar-powered ana-digi watch featuring exposed screws on case and patterned dial with LED light
- Features dual countdown timers with auto-repeat, 1/100-second stopwatch, five daily alarms, full auto calendar, world time, multi-lingual day-of-week display, and 12/24-hour formats
- 52.2 mm resin case with mineral dial window
- Quartz movement with analog-digital display
- Resin band with buckle closure
- Wrist watch for men by SEIKO - SNE475P1
- Stylish design with Seiko's advanced watchmaking technology
- Optimal performance of the timepiece for a long time
- Waterproofness: 10 bars
- Guarantee coverage is provided in the certificate of guarantee delivered with the product
- Black solar-powered watch featuring stencil-like numerals and day/date window
- 43-mm stainless steel case with hardlex dial window
- 10-month power reserve once fully charged
- Nylon band with buckle closure
- Water resistant to 100 m (330 ft): In general, suitable for swimming and snorkeling, but not scuba diving
- Solar powered ana-digi watch
- 1/100 second stopwatch
- Countdown timer; 5 alarms
- Auto calendar; world time (31 timezones/ 48 cities)
- Water resistant to 330 feet (100 M): suitable for snorkeling, as well as swimming, but not diving
- SOLAR POWERED, the solar panel can supply sunlight/light power to watch for work, especially for outdoor activities. Without sun or light, the power supply come from the battery.
- STOP WATCH, LED BACK LIGHT, CALENDAR, MULTI-FUNCTIONAL: with 1/100 chronograph, LED back light for night, calendar week/month/date and alarm, what you waiting for? For the price of a cheap meal, get a few for yourself or send as gift to friends and family, this is the great value you don't want to miss.
- KEY SCRATCH RESISTANT WATCH FACE AND SHOCKPROOF CASE WITH 1 YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY: high hardness resin glass protect you from daily scratch, shockproof PC Poly-Carbonate front case make it suitable for all kind of sports wearing.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS: Japanese movements provide accurate time and long life. Durable plastic case and mineral glass mirror for extremely hard pressure resistance, It can be used in any environment.
- WATERPROOF 164FT / 50M FOR ALL WEATHER AND SPECIAL CASE DESIGN: Shower, Swimming, Handwash, No Problem! Unique dynamic dial design lead you the the edge of sport watch. Perfect for all kind of sports, indoor and outdoor activities or daily daily use. NOTE: please DO NOT press any buttons in the water.
- Ladies Solar two tone brown leather band
- Curved hardlex crystal 30 M 30
- Japanese-quartz Movement
- Case Diameter: 27mm
- Water-resistant to 3 bar, 30 meters (100 feet)
- 47mm Case Diameter
- World Time (31 Time Zones/ 48 Cities + UTC), Multi-Lingual Day of the Week Display (English, Portuguese, Spanish, French, German, Italian), 12/24 Formats, Mute Function
- Quartz Movement
- Two-tone solar-powered watch in stainless steel featuring shimmering charcoal dial with logo and day/date window
- 37 mm stainless steel case with hardlex dial window
- Quartz movement with analog display
- Gold- and Silver-tone stainless steel bracelet featuring fold-over clasp with push-button
- Water resistant to 30 m (99 ft): In general, withstands splashes or brief immersion in water, but not suitable for swimming.
Last update on 2019-11-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API