This Big Agnes Torchlight Expandable Down Mummy Sleeping Bag is completely unique, lightweight and ultra-packable, built separately for men and for women.
So as you realize from the name of this bag, they designed it with two full-length zippers on the sides and a with baffles. This means when you unzip them, you get 5 inches (13 cm) of the circumference on each side. But this is not all. You can unzip them from any side (i.e., from the bottom or from the top) and make the bag wider or narrower in the area where you want. This you can see in the pictures:
The bag is built separately for men and separately for women, and they also build them with two separate temperature ratings, 20 F (-6.7 C) and 30 F (-1 C). Observe that these bags are ISO 23537 tested.
But they did not stop here; you also have this bag in two separate variants, as UL and standard version. No this is not all yet, you also have each of these bags in two lengths. So for women they have petite and regular, and for men you have regular and long sizes.
The fill is 600-fill DownTek, a treated down that, and this is PFC-free bluesign-approved chemistry, and it is certified to the Responsible Down Standard (RDS). It is also certified as PFOA and PFOS free water repellent chemistry.
The bag is exceptionally packable, so for example, the Torchlight UL 20 Bag for men (regular size) packs to 7 x 5.5 inches (18 x 14 cm). This same bag weighs 2 lb 4 oz (1.02 kg).
Other features include a contoured hood with a cord-lock for the hood, a no-draft collar, an insulated tube along the upper hood opening, interior fabric loops to attach a sleeping bag liner, and exterior loops for hanging and storage. Note also that these bags are designed so that you can zip two of them together and create a double sleeping bag. Please see more in this short video:
So all in all, this Big Agnes Torchlight Expandable Down Mummy Sleeping Bag is a 3-season bag, very versatile and with great features. Please follow the links below for more details:
- CUSTOMIZABLE FIT & WARMTH – The Torchlight down mummy bags feature expandable panels for customizable fit with two zippered panels that run from shoulder to footbox adding 5 inches of additional girth to each side (10" total) when opened. Unzip for extra space where you want it; zip it closed to remove dead air space and retain heat.
- TECHNICAL COMFORT – The contoured hood follows the shape of your head for a more comfortable fit and the insulated tube along the upper hood opening seals out drafts when cinched. The low-profile cord lock lets you un-cinch the hood with one hand. The no-draft collar and no-draft zipper will keep you cozy all night long.
- LIGHT & PACKABLE – Insulated with 600-fill DownTek that repels water while maintaining insulating value. Made with nylon rip-stop shell fabric with a water-repellent finish and a polyester taffeta lining with a water-repellent finish.
- CHOOSE YOUR SIZE AND TEMP RATING – Regular fits campers up to 6 feet tall and long fits campers up to 6’6". The Torchlight Men’s bags come in 30 and 20 degree options. Includes fabric loops for sleeping bag liners. Streamlined exterior loops are for hang drying or storage. Storage sack and stuff sack included.
- Designed for those gram-counting backpackers searching for the lightest gear with comfort in mind, the Torchlight UL Mummy bags feature all of the bells and whistles found in our Torchlight series. Two expandable panels from shoulders to footbox, increasing sleep space up to 10 extra inches! Depending on your sleep style and body shape, you can adjust the bag for customized comfort.
- CUSTOMIZABLE FIT & WARMTH – The Torchlight Ultralight down mummy bags feature expandable panels for customizable fit – patent pending - with two zippered panels that run from shoulder to footbox adding 5 inches of additional girth to each side (10" total) when opened. Unzip for extra space where you want it; zip it closed to remove dead air space and retain heat.
- EXPANDABLE – Sleep how you want! Give yourself 62”-72” of shoulder room, 56”-66” of hip girth, and 38”-48” in the vaulted footbox. It’s up to you! The 3-D anti-snag draft tube prevents heat loss along the zipper and the internal mesh stash pocket will keep your phone or other little items warm and near to you all night long.
- TECHNICAL COMFORT –The body-mapped baffle construction optimizes thermal efficiency. The jacket-style hood opening contours to the shape of your face for a comfortable, snug fit and the insulated tube along the upper hood opening seals out drafts when cinched. The low-profile cord lock lets you un-cinch the hood with one hand.
- ULTRALIGHT & PACKABLE – Insulated with 850-fill DownTek that repels water while maintaining insulating value. Ultralight polyester rip-stop shell with a water water-repellent finish combined with a soft and light polyester taffeta lining featuring a wick finish that spreads moisture out for quicker drying and optional moisture management.
Last update on 2020-11-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Here is my rating of the complete series, with the most important pros and cons:
In the link below you will see some places where these bags can be ordered, please follow the links and compare:
If you need more options for your outdoor adventures, please check under the category Sports & Outdoors.
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.