Did you know that Keen is famous for hiking boots and shoes? But this is not all, they build them for work too, so here you have them, Keen Work Boots for Men, their bestsellers.
They write on their site that they make footwear to make a difference, and also that they want to leave the world as a better place then it was before them. By this, they try to reduce the impact on nature. This implies many things, like ensuring that the materials used are safe for users, and for the environment. They claim that currently, they are over 95% PFC-free. If you did not know, the PFC means Perfluorinated Chemicals, and these are used by some manufacturers to repel water in footwear.
Keen uses environmentally preferred leather, so according to their statement, over 95% of the leather they use comes from tanneries that are certified by the Leather Working Group that audits tanneries for environmental performance in the areas like chemical and waste management, energy use, air emissions, water treatment, etc.
They use Cleansport NXT stuff which is based on probiotic-based technology that produces enzymes that break down odor in sweat. So this is a natural alternative without heavy metals, hazardous chemical, and volatile organic compounds.
So knowing this, you might look at these bestselling Keen work boots for men below from a different perspective.
Why buying Keen
The Keen utility boots are made to grip in a variety of terrains and, as they claim, their outsoles meet or exceed ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) F1677-96 MARK II non-slip testing standards.
You might want to know that some of their work boots also meet or exceed ASTM F2412-11 & F2413-11/75 C/75 Electrical Hazard standards.
They write that they bring the comfort and fit of a hiking boot into their work boots. I would take this as granted, I do use their hiking boots and they are among the best.
So here are the types and features of work boots which Keen makes:
- Steel Toe Safety Boots.
- Electric Hazard Boots.
- Non-Slip & Oil-Resistant Boots.
- Waterproof/Weatherproof Boots.
- Puncture-Plated Outsole Boots.
- Metatarsal-Guard Boots.
But if you do not find what you want, perhaps the Timberland brand has some good models for you, so have a look here as well.
- STEEL TOE: Left and right asymmetrical uniquely anatomically correct steel toe design provides a roomier toe box for maximum comfort and unobtrusive fit; The Lansing Mid work boot for men meets or exceeds ASTM F2412 and F2413 I/75 and C/75 Standards
- TRACTION: Oil- and slip-resistant, non-marking, rubber outsoles are used for improved traction that meet or exceed ASTM F1677 MARK II and ASTM F2913 SATRA Non-Slip Testing Standards; Lug sole patterns provide grip even on slick surfaces
- WATERPROOF: KEEN.DRY is a waterproof, breathable membrane liner that lets vapor out without letting water in for keeping your feet dry and comfortable; The Pittsburgh 6” boot does have a mesh liner that integrates with the waterproof membrane
- UNDER FOOT PROTECTION: Electrical Hazard (EH)-rated to provide a secondary source of protection from live electrical circuits; A full-length TPU stability shank gives added support
- SAFETY & COMFORT: Reflective safety features run the entire length of the shoe for added visibility; Moisture-wicking textiles are used to keep feet dry and CLEANSPORT NXT provides natural odor protection using probiotics
- Locking metal lace hooks
- Removable metatomical dual density eva footbed
- Dual density compression molded Eva and PU midsole
- Left and Right asymmetrical steel toes
- Fabric Type: 100% Nubuck Leather
- WATERPROOF: The KEEN.DRY waterproof, breathable membrane keeps your feet dry and comfortable all day long by allowing vapor out without letting water in; All leather is treated with a PFC-free water repellant, so you still get the same protection without the harmful chemicals
- TRACTION: KEEN ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsole provides high-traction grip in muddy environments and on rocky surfaces with 4mm multi-directional lugs; Non-marking rubber outsoles leaves no trace or imprints when walking indoors
- SUPPORT: The Torsion stability External Support Shank (ESS) provides support on uneven surfaces; the injected TPU heel-capture system provides next-level stability
- FIT & COMFORT: Low-profile upper for comfort and secure fit with padded tongue and collar; The removable, metatomical dual-density EVA footbed provides excellent arch support and cradles to the natural contours of the foot
- CARE TIPS: We've carefully selected leather uppers designed to last; However, if you're wearing your KEENs daily, they won't always be scuff and dirt-free; To treat day to day wear and tear, especially on lighter color leathers, we recommend using a common leather cleaner and conditioner
- Left and Right Asymmetrical Steel Toes
- Nubuck Waterproof Leather Upper
- Torsional Stability Shank (TSS) for Midfoot Support
- Removable Metatomical Dual Density EVA Footbed
- Oil- and Slip-Resistant Non-Marking Outsole
- Torsional Stability Shank
- Mesh Liner provides breathability to help keep feet cool in warm environment
- Dual density compression molded Eva midsole
- Left and Right asymmetrical steel toes
- Low-profile upper with ghillie lacing for comfort and secure fit,This style is running a 1/2 size small. We suggest ordering a 1/2 size larger than your usual size
- Easy-on heel pull; Padded tongue and collar
- Breathable leather lining.This style is running a 1/2 size small. We suggest ordering a 1/2 size larger than your usual size
- Lugged outsole; Contoured heel lock
- Weight - 17.4 oz / 493.3 g. Dual density compression molded EVA midsole
- ALLOY TOE: Left and right asymmetrical aluminum alloy safety toes weigh 35% less than steel toes; This work boot meets or exceeds ASTM F2412 and F2413, M I/75, and C/75 EH Standards
- WATERPROOF: KEEN.DRY is a waterproof, breathable membrane liner that lets vapor out without letting water in for keeping your feet dry and comfortable; The San Jose 6” Alloy Toe work boot has a mesh liner that integrates with the waterproof membrane
- TRACTION: Oil- and slip-resistant, non-marking, rubber outsoles; Made with wedge tread, and siped outsole that helps provide traction on slick, flat terrain with limited debris buildup; Meets ASTM F1677 Mark II and ASTM F2913 SATRA non-slip standards
- SUPPORT: Made with a Nylon Shank, used for midfoot support, and superior torsion stability and a Shellback heel support for locking your foot in place; Electrical Hazard (EH) rated to provide a secondary source of protection from live electrical circuits
- COMFORT: This boot comes with KEEN Luftcell air-infused, PU midsoles are used for weightless comfort; Moisture-wicking textiles keep feet dry and CLEANSPORT NXT provides natural odor protection using probiotics
- KEEN FOR COMFORT: Left and right asymmetrical safety toe, uniquely anatomically correct steel, aluminum, and composite toe designs provide a roomier toe box and maximum comfort; meets ASTM testing standards.
- SAFETY FIRST: Features KEEN.Heel, an integrated heel guard for protection from bumps and scrapes
- KEEP DRY: Features KEEN.Dry, a proprietary waterproof, breathable membrane that lets vapor out without letting water in
- ON YOUR FEET: Features KEEN.Grip oil- and slip-resistant outsoles that meet ASTM nonslip testing standards.
- AMERICAN BUILT: The Coburg is assembled in Portland, Oregon, with a minimal-waste design using the finest materials from around the world
- Dual density Compression molded EVA and PU midsole
- Oil and slip resistant
- Locking metal lace hooks
- Cleansport NXT for natural odor protection
- Breathable leather lining
- Removable metatomical footbed
- Model Nos 1020053 1020055 1020057 have aluminium toes. Model No 1020146 has soft toe industrial boot
Last update on 2020-07-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API