If you have ever tried to break in your new mountaineering or hiking boots and shoes, or just suffered from blisters, you will want to try a hydrocolloid bandage for blister. I discovered it by chance and I was pleasantly surprised with how it worked.
This design is described also as hydrocolloid dressing, and according to Wikipedia, there is no significant difference in healing rates between hydrocolloid dressings and other dressings. But I have had blisters in the past and I used various bandages and plasters, and from my own experience, this is the best so far.
So this was last summer during my mountaineering tours in the Alps and I had a pair of new mountaineering boots. Such boots you have to break in, but as you know the only way is by using them. This almost certainly means you will suffer from blisters. Of course, before going to the mountains, I made long walks in the urban area where I live. But nothing can prepare you for the real mountaineering experience, so I had a bad blister on the heel.
I went to a pharmacy shop and asked for some plaster and this is how I got a package of Compeed plasters. This was the first time to see this and I was confused and did not really know how to use it properly.
But it worked incredibly well. Frankly speaking, I am not sure how this material works, but what I know is that it absorbs water and exudate from the wound, and it swells forming a gel. You can see how it looks in this picture, this was after a night with the plaster on the blister:
The point is that even after having a bad blister on my heel, I was able to continue with my tours and it really reduced the pain. The wound was all the time completely dry under the plaster. This was very different in the past when I used some ordinary plasters for blisters.
In the video below you will see some advice on how to use these plasters, please have a look:
So here is my list of hydrocolloid bandages for blisters ordered alphabetically, so this is not ranking. Note that these are extremely popular products and among the best-selling on Amazon, and for all the good reasons. Some have thousands of reports by users, you will realize this when you follow the links below. As mentioned in the text above, I am a user myself, and I can fully recommend these products.
- Hydrocolloid Gel adhesive bandages cushion and protect blisters
- Reduces rubbing, friction, and helps relieve pain
- Great For long-lasting, multi-day use and blister protection
- Ideal for use on heels, bandages are designed to flex and bend with your foot
- Includes ten 1.65" X 2.67" Hydrocolloid Gel blister cushion self-adhesive bandages
- 8 count pack of Band-Aid brand durable adhesive bandages for toe blisters with 6 benefits in 1 bandage, providing all-purpose protection in semi-translucent bandage material that blends with your skin
- Provides the optimal healing environment. It is designed for long term wear, and shows you that the healing process has started. This bandage helps prevent formation of scabs which prolongs healing
- Multi-purpose bandage is suitable for many wound types and can be used anywhere on the foot and toes that stays on for up to 7 days even through showers
- This waterproof bandage provides the optimal wound healing environment, and is designed to provide cushioning against painful blisters or wounds and shields from further rubbing
- Advanced first-aid bandage prevents wound from drying out and locks body's natural healing power in with its dual action seal, sealing out dirt, germs, and water
- IDEAL FOR USE ON HEELS. Protects against germs and supports body’s natural healing
- PROMOTES UP TO 2X FASTER HEALING. Moist wound environment facilitates the healing process for up to 2X FASTER HEALING
- 100% WATERPROOF SEAL. Lasts up to 7 days
- HELPS REDUCE SCARRING
- DRUG-FREE PAIN RELIEF
- Advanced blister care: Pack includes 4 medium cushions for heels, 4 small cushions for side of foot, & 2 toe patches. Our cushions offer improved comfort vs. other plasters & bandages.
- Instant pain relief: Relieves rubbing, pressure, & friction caused by new shoes, high heels, sweaty socks, or running long distances. Our active gel pads are great for blisters on hands, toes & heels.
- Long lasting protection: Compeed Blister Cushions help prevent & protect hot spots & blisters. Unlike ordinary bandages, our cushions stay in place for up to days, even after showers & exercise.
- Faster healing: Compeed Blister Cushions act like a second skin, creating a moist healing environment while protecting blisters from dirt, water, germs & bacteria, helping blisters heal naturally.
- Discover the Compeed advantage: Try Compeed Blister Cushions & see how they compare to products you typically use to prevent and treat painful blisters.
- TREAT & PREVENT BLISTERS: Our large assorted pack of bandage patches is perfect for any active person. Like moleskin for feet protection, our bandage kit protects and prevents any blister. But our blister gel guard bandages do something extra: they treat the blister while you wear it.
- WATERPROOF PROTECTION: Once you apply a heel or toe bandage from our variety pack, the blister is protected from water, germs, sweat, and additional friction, even during the sweatiest hike or dance class.
- ULTRA-STICKY: Our customers have the best results applying the hydrocolloid bandage patches to clean, dry skin. The toe bandages are very sticky, and stay where you want them until they're done absorbing moisture from the blister.
- PERFECT FOR DAILY WEAR: Use these blister pad bandages as heel blister protectors. To mitigate blisters in business meetings or on the golf course, apply our blister kit to hot spots before you leave the house. Blisters are prevented before they can start!
- GET BACK TO IT GUARANTEE: Your results are our top priority. It's part of who we are as physicians. So if your flexible blister pads purchase doesn't help you get back to doing what you love, we'll find something that will or we'll give you your money back. That's our promise to help you Get Back to the Original You.
- Provide a Moist Healing Environment For Wounds
- Includes Patch & finger Dressings
- Multiple Day First Aid Dressing
- 8 count bandages
- Transparent, hydrocolloid bandage designed specifically for heels
- Hydrocolloid pads seal in moisture to promote faster healing
- Tin container that's reusable, recyclable, and dare we say collectible?
- Latex free
Last update on 2021-01-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You might want to check our separate texts with best rated hunting boots and best cold-weather boots for women. Thank you for reading. In the case of questions or comments please use the comment box below. I shall be happy to answer any questions you have.
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.