If you are preparing for your next outdoor season, you might want to check this list with Gregory backpacks for women, all top-notch packs and in a variety of sizes and types.
Why choosing a Gregory pack for women
The answer is simple, the Gregory is one of top brands in this industry, renown globally, and they only build outdoor backpacks. This is a brand which is present in over 45 countries. So they are specialized for this most important piece of outdoor equipment, and you know what you are buying. In this sense, they are similar to Osprey, yet another top brand in the same rank who also builds only backpacks.
Because they only build packs, you have them in all sizes and for all outdoor activities, from small daypacks to the largest expedition packs, and you will see them in the list. Their design philosophy is that packs should be worn not carried. This tells you a lot about the comfort of their backpacks.
You might want to know that they started in 1977 by Wayne Gregory who still leads the company. They are officially known under the name Gregory Mountain Products, and they are located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Why choosing a women-specific backpack
Outdoor backpacks are normally unisex items, so you really do not have to go for a women-specific backpack. But this is about comfort, and this is important in particular when it comes to large multiday and expedition backpacks. It is essential that the pack carry the load comfortably.
As you can imagine, there are important differences between women and men in the shape of the body, and those differences are integrated into Gregory backpacks for women. So here is what you can expect from a women-specific pack:
- The width of the shoulder harness is different, it is narrower in packs for women. So you have the shoulder straps positioned closer to each other as compared to the packs for men.
- The profile of the shoulder straps and their padding is different as compared to those in packs for men. Women’s body in this area is different and this is reflected in the design.
- There may be differences in the sternum strap size and position (though it is always adjustable), this mainly because of women’s chest which is obviously different and the strap should not make pressure onto certain areas.
- Now go to the hip belt and here you have a different profile of padding. This is the area of the body which is very different from the body of a man. So a woman’s hip belt is differently angled.
- The same holds for the lumbar padding profile, again due to the different shape of a woman’s back profile.
- The torso size is different, women and normally shorter than men. This also holds in the case when the pack has a torso adjustability, the range is different.
- Buckles in women’s packs may be softer.
- Gregory makes packs separately for women and for men, so you have series for one gender that corresponds to those for men. Their most famous packs are Baltoro-Deva series, so the first is for men and the second is for women. Now, when you inspect their volume you will notice that usually the packs for women are a bit smaller.
- There are differences in colors. Some colors are accepted as more suitable for women than for men. But this is the matter of social and cultural environment as well.
What is in the list
The list includes a variety of packs, from those that are suitable for day-tours, to those that are typical load-hauling backpacking and expedition tools. If you would need just an ordinary unisex day pack, please check our separate text with best day packs for hiking.
I cannot stress enough that those large packs in particular are what Gregory is best known for. Gregory Deva packs (and the corresponding Baltoro packs for men) have become a synonym for a backpacking pack. Those are among the best of the best. Please see this video about the Deva packs:
The packs in the list are Amazon best-sellers picked from various departments on Amazon. So this implies a high rating, good prices, and many reports by customers. Note that prices are updated daily.
You will notice that some of the packs are Amazon Prime items so you can have them shipped for free and in a few days. Some of the packs are on sale, and the list is dynamic so new models will be added from time to time. Bookmark this text and check occasionally, you might find some great deals on sale. Note that we have a separate list with Gregory backpacks for men. Also, you might want to know that they have a completely new travel packs series for women, the Tribute packs.
So here is our list with Gregory backpacks for women, top-products in this industry, have a look:
- pockets: 1 zip, 7 exterior
- VENTILATION & PADDED STRAPS: Low profile ventilation system uses leaf-spring design to fit perfectly on your back. Moisture wicking technology provides incredibly comfortable performance. Padded components with ventilation for long lasting comfort.
- FREE HYDRATION BLADDER: 3D Hydro Reservoir with integrated drying hanger. Dedicated hydration pocket. This system stabilizes the weight in the center of your back. Magnetic sternum strap and integrated magnetic linkage for bite valve.
- AMPLE STORAGE TO ORGANIZE YOUR TRIP: Sunglass quickstow system is a quick, scratch-free way to store your shades. Zippered hipbelt pockets for quick access to items. Front stretch pocket for gear overflow. Trekking pole and tool attachment points.
- EASY ACCESS TO IMPORTANT GEAR: Dual side stretch mesh pockets for water bottles and quick access storage. Soft-touch top accessory pocket to keep valuable close at hand and well protected. Interior zippered mesh accessory pocket with key clip.
- IDEAL USES: Day Hiking, Camping, International Travel, Adventure TravelTouring - WEIGHT: 2.4 lbs. - DIMENSIONS: 20.25" x 11.25" x 9.5"
- SUSPENSION & VENTILATION: TrailFlex suspension adjusts to fit your back and hipbelt length, allowing the pack to match your body for a perfect fit. TrailFlex ventilation technology provides enhanced airflow for increased comfort on the trail.
- INTERNAL FRAME & FREE RAINCOVER: Springsteel frame design allows the pack move with your body and minimize energy expenditure. Integrated raincover stows in zippered mesh compartment beneath front stuff pocket and doubles as accessory pocket.
- AMPLE STORAGE TO ORGANIZE YOUR TRIP: Dual zippered hipbelt pockets for quick access items on the trail. Dual side pockets for quick storage of water bottles and other accessories. Front stretch stuff pocket for gear overflow and organization.
- REINFORCED PANELS & EASY GEAR ACCESS: Reinforced bottom panel for superior abrasion, weather and puncture resistance. Dual trekking pole and tool attachment points. Compression and lash points to stabilize pack and secure gear.
- IDEAL USES: Day Hiking, Backpacking, Camping, Hiking, International Travel, Adventure Travel - WEIGHT: 2.6 lbs. - DIMENSIONS: 24.0" x 13.0" x 9.5"
- VENTILATED BACKPANEL: Mesh encapsulated ventilated back panel design keeps you cool and dry on the trail
- WOMEN'S SPECIFIC CONSTRUCTION: Women's specific hipbelt and shoulder harness designs deliver a tailored, customized fit experience
- 3 LITER 3D HYDRO RESERVOIR INCLUDED: Featuring Gregory's proprietary 3D QuickDry soft-molded technology, integrated drying hanger and anatomical fit
- DEDICATED HYDRATION SLEEVE: With SpeedClip mounting system. This hanger system allows one-handed, snap-and-go reservoir installation and stabilizes the weight in the center of your back
- IDEAL USES: Hiking, Day Hiking, Walking, Travel. WEIGHT: 1.54lbs. DIMENSIONS: 18.1"x11.75"x9.0"
- VENTILATED SUSPENSION: Updated CrossFlo Suspension. Dual-density hipbelt and shoulder harness foam for improved heavy load stability. Enhanced lumbar foam layering for increased load-bearing comfort. Women's-specific design.
- REMOVABLE TOP POCKET & FRONT ZIP ACCESS: Floating, removable top pocket with zippered security pocket and key clip. Front bucket pocket for quick gear storage. Integrated rain cover.
- AMPLE STORAGE TO ORGANIZE YOUR TRIP: Front U-zip main compartment access panel. Bottom sleeping bag access panel. Two external stretch water bottle pockets.
- EASY ACCESS TO IMPORTANT GEAR: Dual quick-access waist belt pockets. Hideaway ice axe/trekking pole loops. Sunglass stash on shoulder harness.
- IDEAL USES: Backpacking, Camping, Hiking, Travel, Trekking, Through Hiking - WEIGHT: 3.3 lbs. - DIMENSIONS: 24.5" x 13.5" x 12.0"
- Pockets: 1 interior slip, 1 interior zip, 5 exterior;Includes umbrella.
- Double Barrel lid design with dual zippered pockets on top and security pocket underneath
- Dual ice axe loops and upper shock locks for ice tool and trekking pole attachment.
- Free float suspension: low profile open air ventilation, moisture wicking mesh and custom torso length
- Raincover: easy access rain cover keeps your gear Dry even when that storm rolls out of nowhere
- 3D comfort cradle system: an ultra comfortable, body hugging fit
- Front stretch mesh pocket: for easy access while on the trail
- Volume: 28 liters
- Biosync suspension: fully adjustable torso length for the perfect fit
- Airwave backpanel: 3D open-air design to reduce Direct contact and encourage airflow
- 3D hydro reservoir: hold 3 liters of water to keep you hydrated on your Run
- Speed clip: this hanger system allows one-handed, snap-and-go reservoir installation and stabilizes the weight in the center of your back
- Main access: panel loader
- BIOSYNC SUSPENSION: BioSync Suspension technology keeps the pack moving with you for unrestricted motion. Women's-specific design. Zippered main compartment with two internal mesh organizer pockets.
- AMPLE STORAGE TO ORGANIZE YOUR TRIP: Stretch front pocket with bungee closure. Dual external side pockets.
- HYDRATION COMPATIBLE: Hydration sleeve with external access. Shoulder strap hydration tube clip. Shoulder strap sunglass loop.
- SAFETY LIGHT ATTACHMENT & EASY ACCESS TO IMPORTANT GEAR: Low-profile safety light lash point. Dual quick-access hipbelt pockets. Side compression straps.
- IDEAL USES: Day Hiking, Running, Cycling, Walking - WEIGHT: 1.7 lbs. - DIMENSIONS: 18.0" x 9.5" x 5.5"
- VENTILATED SUSPENSION: Updated CrossFlo Suspension. Dual-density hipbelt and shoulder harness foam for improved heavy load stability. Women's-specific design.
- LOAD BEARING COMFORT & FRONT ZIP ACCESS: Enhanced lumbar foam layering for increased load-bearing comfort. Front U-zip main compartment access panel.
- AMPLE STORAGE TO ORGANIZE YOUR TRIP: Permanent top lid with zippered with security pocket and key clip. Front bucket pocket for quick gear storage. Two external stretch water bottle pockets.
- EASY ACCESS TO IMPORTANT GEAR: Dual quick-access waist belt pockets. Hideaway ice axe/trekking pole loops. Integrated rain cover. Sunglass stash on shoulder harness.
- IDEAL USES: Backpacking, Camping, Hiking, Travel - WEIGHT: 2.8 lbs. - DIMENSIONS: 21.5" x 13.5" x 9.5"
Last update on 2019-11-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API