Here you have an exclusive list with Dyneema ultralight backpacking tents, fully waterproof and currently the lightest on the market. So keep reading.
As of the moment of writing this text, the Big Agnes brand is at the forefront of building Dyneema tents. If you are not familiar with this fabric, perhaps you have heard about Cuben Fiber? So this is the same material.
So what is Dyneema really? In short, this is a gel-spun, multi-filament fiber created from ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE). This is an odorless, tasteless, and non-toxic plastic. The Dyneema used in tents is a thin sheet laminated between two sheets of Mylar plastic, and this is why you will see the term Dyneema Composite Fabrics.
Important for tents is the fact that the Dyneema Composite Fabrics are completely waterproof. On the other hand, being plastic, the seams are welded. So there is no need for tapes that can fail as we all know. It is also ultralight as you will realize from the weight of tents in the list below.
Please see one great example in this video:
As of the moment of writing this text, there is not much outdoor stuff built from this material. But Big Agnes has started building Dyneema ultralight backpacking tents and they are simply beyond comparison with anything else on the market. So have a look in the list below:
- CRAZY LIGHT COMFORT - We took our Tiger Wall tent & built it using Easton carbon fiber poles & Dyneema fiber-based fabrics to create the ultimate two-door, free-standing tent, engineered to h&le the elements like no other tent on earth; The all-breathable nylon rip-stop body saves weight & provides extra privacy & protection from desert sand; Easton carbon fiber poles are lightweight & flexible, with a high strength-to-weight ratio
- STRONG & TECHNICAL - The fly & floor are made of Dyneema fiber-based fabric this is ultralight weight, 100% rainproof & has a high dimensional stability that resists stretching or sagging during temperature changes; Its unique structure creates a fabric with extremely high-tear strength & allows for welded construction, which eliminates seams & the need for seam tape, enhancing its durability & waterproofness; The single-pole architecture makes set up & take down simple & efficient
- FULL FEATURED - The Tiger Wall Carbon offers two doors & two vestibules for fast & light trial missions where every inch of space counts; The dry-entry door design with storm flaps on exterior zippers keeps the tent interior dry as you enter & exit; Structured foot-end corners add more usable space; Low vent feature on vestibule doors lends the option for more air flow while still providing vestibule coverage; Double sliders on the vestibule zippers allow for venting from the top or bottom
- READY TO PITCH AND PACKABLE - All Big Agnes tents come ready to pitch; with pre-cut guy lines & tensioners attached to fly; Reflective guy lines & webbing on tent corners make your tent easily visible at night. Color-coded webbing & buckles make set up easy; Velcro tabs connect fly to the pole structure providing the perfect pitch & stability; Trail weight is 1 lb. 6 oz. & packs down to 17.5 x 6 in
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - The oversized ceiling pocket with two cord-routing portals & two interior mesh pockets provide great storage space; Includes 8 DAC superlight aluminum J stakes; multiple interior loops included for use with gear lofts or for attaching other accessories; Fits Triangle, Large Trapezoid & Wall gear loft (sold separately)
- CRAZY LIGHT COMFORT - We took our award winning Fly Creek HV tent and built it using Easton carbon fiber poles and Dyneema fiber-based fabrics to create the ultimate, light weight structure, engineered to handle the elements like no other tent on earth; The all-breathable nylon rip-stop body saves weight and provides extra privacy and protection from desert sand; Easton carbon fiber poles are lightweight and flexible, with a high strength-to-weight ratio
- STRONG & TECHNICAL - The fly and floor are made of Dyneema fiber-based fabric this is ultralight weight, 100% rainproof and has a high dimensional stability that resists stretching or sagging during temperature changes; Its unique structure creates a fabric with extremely high-tear strength and allows for welded construction, which eliminates seams and the need for seam tape, enhancing its durability and waterproofness; The single-pole architecture makes set up and take down a breeze
- FULL FEATURED - The high-volume architecture increases the usable interior space and adds more volume to the vestibule; The shape-holding corner construction creates more usable space between your feet and the tent wall; The Fly Creek Carbon tent has an oversized ceiling pocket and three interior mesh pockets that provide great storage space; Media pockets located above sleeping area enable clean earbud-cord routing from phones or other devices
- READY TO PITCH AND PACKABLE - All Big Agnes tents come ready to pitch with pre-cut guy lines and tensioners attached to fly; Reflective guy lines and webbing for visibility at night; Color-coded webbing and buckles for easy setup; Velcro tabs connect fly to pole structure providing the perfect pitch and stability; Trail weight is 1 lb; Packs down to 18 x 5 in; Includes 6 DAC superlight aluminum J stakes; Multiple interior loops for attaching accessories; Fits Triangle gear loft, sold separately
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - These tents are intended for only the most advanced user; While extremely strong for their weight, they require careful use to reduce the possibility of damage; Special care during setup & extended trips is important; Rough handling, long-term abrasion, exposure to sharp objects or rocky campsites may cause fabric punctures & tears; We recommend using tent footprints (sold separately) to improve durability; Repair patches are included in case repairs must be made on the trail
Last update on 2023-10-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Editor’s Choice tent
So this is our choice tent, all built from Dyneema:
Thank you for reading. Please use the comment box below in the case of questions and comments. Let us know what you think, rate this tent below. Have a nice day.
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.