If you plan winter camping with a wood-burning tent stove, you will want to check this list of winter tents with a stove jack ready for such stoves. So keep reading.
In our separate text, we gave a list with some great wood-burning tent stoves. All of them are stoves with pipes so you will need an appropriate stove jack in your tent. It is possible to order such an element and put it on your existing tent. This must be done carefully to avoid leaks because such stove jacks are usually on the roofs and therefore exposed to the rain. So you might want also to buy a tent that comes with such an integrated flap built-in professionally.
Note that the tents are given alphabetically by the manufacturer name and by the name of the tent, so this is not a ranking. In some cases this alphabetic order is not so obvious as sometimes the manufacturer name is missing from the actual title given for the tent. Making a strict ranking does not make much sense in view of a variety of types that you have here. But we give Editor’s Choice tent at the bottom of the text.
Regarding the type, you have the following options here:
- Cabin style tents with straight and tall walls. This type offers more volume than any other type, but their setup usually takes more time than what you need for the other types. These tents are usually freestanding, pleasant, and with windows.
- Bell-shaped tents. These are very tall structures and typically with a single central pole plus a door frame pole. Note that this type is not freestanding.
- Dome tents. This type is the most aerodynamic, easy to use, and usually among the lightest.
- Teepee-style tents that are in some way similar to the bell tents.
Regarding the materials, you have:
- Cotton canvas tents, or poly-cotton tents with a mix of cotton and polyester.
- Synthetic tents.
Regarding the stove jack position, you can have it on the roof or on the side, or at both places.
Regarding the stove, note also that there are some options here in the list where the stove is included in the package. This is very convenient because you will be sure that the stove and its pipe really fit the tent and its stove jack.
So here is our list with best winter tents with a stove jack for camping, hunting, fishing, and expeditions in cold environment. Note that there are some of them that are Amazon Prime products so you can have them shipped for free. There is always a number of them that are on sale, these are with the green Sale tab. With such tents, you will need a winter sleeping bag as well.
- 10' x 12' CANVAS TENT – Guide Gear Canvas Tent for camping, hunting creates a warm, dry basecamp for all your outdoor adventures. An excellent 4 season tent for adults with all-around performance. Frame not included.
- KEEPS YOU WARM AND DRY – Offering plenty of room for the whole group, this camping tent is large and has thick 10-oz. canvas walls and a roof for keeping the elements at bay. Canvas tent with 5"stove jack opening.
- WEATHER-TREATED MATERIAL – A heavy-duty weather-treated canvas shell makes this all-weather canvas tent waterproof.
- VENTS FOR AIR CIRCULATION – 3.5" x 15" front and rear peak vents with awning increase air circulation. 17" x 23" rear window with zipper and grip-strip closure. 5" Stove jack opening 24" from wall. 7'2" door height. 8'3" roof peak.
- LONG-TERM OUTDOOR COMFORT – Simple shape that’s easy to set up with minimal support. This portable outdoor tent is made for rugged camping and long-term outdoor comfort. Weighs 53.3 lbs.
Last update on 2021-10-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Here is our favorite among the tents in the list, it is expensive but with really great features and with a stove included in the package:
You might want also to check our list of best tents for camping in the rain. Thank you for reading. Let us know what you think and rate this product in the comment box below. Have a nice day.
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.