Here you have an extraordinary collection with best winter sleeping bags for camping for extreme temperatures below -20F (-29 C) degrees. Keep reading.
When you inspect the list, you will realize that all the sleeping bags for winter camping presented here can be categorized in two major groups:
- Backpack portable winter camping sleeping bags.
- Extreme temperature sleeping bags for car camping and basecamps in general.
So this is about weight and also a bit about the packed size. There is a big difference between the two groups. This is related to the insulation material used in their construction, and also partly to their shape. So you have:
- Down winter sleeping bags for camping and expeditions. This is a treated down which is supposed to perform well even if it gets wet.
- Synthetic winter sleeping bags for camping, this type is in the group of car camping and basecamp winter bags. Synthetic insulation is heavier but it preserves its insulating properties even when wet.
The fill (insulation) dramatically affects the price. You will realize this when you compare the bags from the two groups. The difference in price can be by a factor 6 or 7. The corresponding difference in weight can be by a factor 3 or so.
But the price and weight are also affected by the shell material and some other features. Those backpack portable sleeping bags are built from advanced thin yet durable materials and there is also lots of technology in their baffles structures and in some other features.
You will notice also that some of the bags here are Amazon Prime items so you can have them shipped for free. With such sleeping bags, you will need an appropriate tent for extreme cold, so please check our list with tents ready for wood-burning tent stoves.
So here is or list with the best winter sleeping bags for camping ordered by weight from lighter to heavier. You will see only the top brand here. Please have a look, these are all items created for extreme cold:
- Outer shell made of extremely durable 210T nylon diamond rip stop fabric paired with a brushed polyester liner
- Designed to keep you warm during extreme weather this -30 degree bag is filled with our 7 denier TechLoft Silver insulation
- Insulated chest and zipper baffle with two-layer construction s to trap in maximum heat and prevent unwanted cold spots
- Our Browning Camping McKinley Sleeping Bag is on our best sellers list a must-have in your camping collection
- Dimensions 36" x 90" Weight 12 lbs 12 oz Fill Weight 160 oz Compression stuff sack included
Last update on 2020-10-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Editor’s Choice winter camping sleeping bag
As I said, the extreme weather sleeping bags shown above are from top brands and those are the best on the market. But there are differences among them. So the bag shown below is suggested as our Editor’s Choice. To realize why, it is best to see this video, the bag is designed by an Arctic explorer and he should know best, have a look:
Now you can see our rating and pros & cons:
If you need something for milder weather, please check our list with best 2 season sleeping bags. See also these wearable sleeping bags for adults. Thank you for reading. Let us know what you think and rate this product in the comment box below. Have a nice day.
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.