Clearing your driveway with a snow shovel may be a great exercise unless you are forced to do this too frequently. With a snow thrower this is much easier, and here you have a list with best snow blowers for home, all Amazon bestselling items.
With such a thrower you will minimize muscle and back strain, simply start the motor and direct the blower through the snow aiming the blown snow out of your way. Snow blowers are expensive but in the long run owning one is cheaper than hiring a plow. A good snow thrower will last for years, and it may pay itself off even in one winter season.
Snow blowers do not need much maintenance, this is just about periodic oil changes and belt-tightening. But bear in mind that some of them are bulky and take space when stored. The list given here will help you to choose, you can decide already visually which model is for you.
What types of snow blowers exist
You will see single-stage models that are suitable for places with minimal snowfall, perhaps 10 inches or so, and two-stage blowers for more snow. These models have the first stage front auger that feeds snow into the machine and the second stage impeller that blows it out. This type is much heavier and bulky. You might want to choose a model with power steering to assist you in maneuvering such a machine. There are also three-stage blowers with an additional impeller at the front of the mouth to assist with feeding snow into the rear auger.
The first type, the single-stage blowers are less bulky and less expensive, but they are also less powerful. Typically you have a front paddle that throws the snow out. The paddle hits the ground and this is how it propels the blower forward, so you do not need engine-driven wheels. Observe that this also means that you can throw out gravel and any loose rock on your driveway, so watch oit for the cars and windows.
Which size/type to choose
In each of these groups you can have a variety of sizes and it can be difficult to choose. So a blower 24 – 26 inches wide should be good enough for the snowfall of 6 – 12 inches. Those with a width of 28 – 30 inches will be strong enough for 15 inches and more.
In terms of the size of the area which needs to be cleaned from snow, for a two-car driveway which is 80 feet long a thrower with 24 – 26 inches width will be fine. For larger areas you would go for larger machines.
All blowers in the list have some warranties so check what looks best for you, there may be differences, and some sell extended services as well.
There are cordless electric snow blowers on the market as well. Those are quieter than gas blowers and need less maintenance. But just while writing this text I was reading a blog from a friend in Colorado who was writing about the snowstorm and power cuts. In such circumstances you will not have a working snow blower if the electric one is the only you have at home. Note that some of them are bulky items and the best place to store them is a garden shed.
So here is our list with best snow blowers for home, those are all true Amazon bestsellers, so the list is updated daily with new prices and with new models as well. As you realize, many of them are with substantial discounts and most of them are Amazon Prime items.
- Peak Power technology combines the power of 2 EGO 56V ARC Lithium batteries
- Throws snow up to 40 ft.
- Steel auger cuts through ice & snow 50% faster
- High-efficiency brushless motor
- 21 in. clearing width
- 2 Stage
- Electric Start
- 3 Year Warranty
- 223 CC Engine
- 40 FT Throwing Distance
- [VERSATILE]: Ideal for quick snow pickups on mid-sized driveways and walkways
- [POWERFUL]: 15-amp electric motor moves up to 25 tons/hr. Of snow and clears a 22-in x 13-in path in a single pass
- [LED LIGHTS]: 2 x 1.5 W LED lights facilitate night-time snow removal
- [STEEL AUGER]: All-steel auger cuts 22 in. Wide by 13 in. Deep path with each pass
- [RECOMMEND]: We do recommend customers use a certain gauge and length extension cord. Do not use extension cord over 100 ft (30 m)
- Briggs & Stratton Engine: featuring a Briggs & Stratton 208cc OHV 4-cycle engine with electric start, powerful performance and easy push button to start.
- Quicker Snow Removal: snow plowing capicity 2420 lbs/min, clearing width 24 in. make quick work of even the deepest snow.
- Self-propelled System: 6 forward and 2 reverse speed control, 13" all-terrain snow tires enhanced driving confidence, suitable for most of terrain.
- 2-Stage Technology: all steel auger easily cuts through rough snow and the impeller throw snow away up to 40ft. Help to tackle no matter deep snow or slush.
- Built to Last: heavy-duty steel construction, tackle years of heavy jobs. PowerSmart stands behind this 2-year-manufacturer-warranty, any issue please contact with us.
- Engine: Ariens AX 254cc
- Throws Snow 50 ft
- Housing: 24 inch, 21 inch
- Auto-Turn™ Steering: Sports-car handling
- Engine: Reliable Ariens® AX engine
- ELECTRIC POWERED SNOW THROWER - This Residential/Light Commercial capable Snow Thrower Shovel is designed for all DIY or Professional applications; Capable of delivering 10" x 5" (inch) deep clear path, efficiently and quick; Built to meet residential/commercial grade quality standards and provide dependable performance
- GEARHEAD SPECS - This Snow Thrower has a powerful 20V all electric motor capable of removing snow and providing a 10" inch Wide x 5" inch Deep path, powerful enough to move 300lbs of snow per minute, while capable of a Max Throwing distance of 25' feet, making the job quick, efficient and easy
- SUPERIOR UNIQUE FEATURES - At the push of a button this lightweight and compact electric shovel allows for easy operation and the Adjustable Ergonomic Handle allow for comfort of use and the Curved Dual Auger Blades make quick work of snow clearing, while saving you the time and labor, without breaking your back
- SAFETY and BEST APPLICATION - Always wear the appropriate eye and hand protection, DO NOT submerse the Snow Thrower in water/liquid; Works great for quick snow jobs around the house on hard surfaces like: Patios/Decks, Sidewalks, Driveways, Walkways, Steps, Entryways and other residential areas
- Self-propelled: Variable speed Self-propelled with forward and reverse directions, easy control, can support one-handed operation.
- Snow Clearing Capability: Can clear up driveways that can hold 18 cars driveway and 8 in.-12 in. of snow, max clearing width 24" and clearing depth 20".
- Powerful Battery: 80V 6.0Ah lithium battery, strong endurance, no gas no maintenance, brushless technology, 40min running time.
- 2 Stage Snow Blower: Maximum snow pushing distance of up to 50 ft, powerful 13-inch rear wheels, LED light.
- Heavy-duty Steel Auger:Steel auger and composite construction to handle challenging conditions.
- Peak Power technology combines the power of any two EGO POWERplus 56V ARC Lithium batteries
- Throws snow up to 50 feet
- Clears an 18-car driveway with 8 inches of snow on a single charge when used with the two recommended 7.5Ah ARC Lithium batteries (available separately)
- 24-inch clearing width/20-inch intake height
- Variable speed self-propel with forward and reverse directions
- 254cc Husqvarna engine
- Trigger mounted power steering
- Slim line control panel w/ adjustable handles
- Remote chute & deflector control
- Friction-disc drive transmission
- Peak Power technology combines the power of 2 10Ah EGO 56V ARC Lithium batteries
- Throws snow up to 50-ft
- Clear a 24 car driveway with 8-in. of snow on a single charge
- Variable speed self-propelled with forward and reverse directions
- 4 bright LED headlights for increased visibility for nighttime snow removal
- Featuring a wide 30-inch clearing width that moves 71 tons of snow per hour
- Powerful 306cc Ariens AX Electronic Fuel Injected engine
- Blows snow up to 50 feet, 14-inch auger and impeller diameter, Tall housing height, Auto-Turn Triggerless Steering, Interlocking handles for one-handed operation
Last update on 2023-03-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.