If you are tired of dealing with tent poles, you will want to check this selection of best rated instant tents for camping that are built in a variety of styles and in various sizes.
The term instant tent implies a construction where the frame is pre-attached to the tent so you do not have to deal with separate poles. Such an instant tent you can set up in under one minute, and this holds even for very large family camping tents.
Some of these tents even come without a separate fly, but most of them have a minimal coverage fly that you add when the structure is raised from the ground. However, even in this group you can have tents with a full-coverage fly, and you will see some examples below.
There are several general types of instant tents on the market and the most important examples are as follows:
- By shape, most of the instant tents on the market are cabin type tents with steep and tall walls and large windows for views around. With such tents you have either telescopic poles, or poles that fold, or a combination of both (see the top picture above). In both cases they are pre-attached to the tent’s body.
- But there are also dome-style instant tents that open like an umbrella.
- There are examples in the list below that can be described as pop-out structures, so you unfold such a tent and pull out the walls and it is instantly ready.
- Finally, there are tents that can be described as pop-up constructions with spring poles that are integrated into the sleeves of the tent. So you simply remove the straps that keep the structure folded and throw the tent in the air, it will open itself.
You will see all these examples in the list below. The packed size depends on the types mentioned above. So for example, the mentioned dome style and the cabin style instant tents are usually elongated tubes. The pop-out and pop-up tents usually fold into a thin disc type package.
In any case, instant tents are suitable for people who change the camping place frequently. But being so easy to use, they are also used by families for ordinary camping. The frame of these tents may include various materials like steel and fiberglass (or their combination), or aluminum.
The list of best rated instant tents presented below include some of the best known brands in the outdoor industry. Note that some of them belong to series of tents. So the official capacity that you see for some of them is just an example, usually you have several tents of very different sizes so you can choose what suits you best.
These are incredibly popular instant tents and you will realize this when you follow the links. They have been around for some time already and there are many thousands of reports by users. So all is known about these tents and you know what you are buying. Please have a look:
- Illumiline reflective guylines for greater visibility at night
- Instant setup: In as fast as 1 minute
- 1-year limited warranty
- Instant 60 Second Setup; Sleeps 6 people; Fits two queen air mattresses; Center Height: 72".
- CORE H20 Block Technology and adjustable ground vent
- Features gear loft with lantern hook and large wall orgnaizer to keep items neat and off the tent floor
- Includes rain fly, tent stakes, and carry bag
- 1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: We strive for total satisfaction with all of our products.
- PORTABLE SPACIOUS TENT: Open size: 10' * 9' * 73". Folding size:7.9" * 7.9" * 47.6". The large tent provides spacious rest space for sleeping bags for 6 person, and can also be folded into the small bag to save space in car.
- INSTANT SETUP: The instent tent can be set up in 60s, and it's easy for even 1 person. Foldable to a compact size for easy storage and carrying to camping, backpacking, expedition,and outdoor concerts.
- GREAT VENTILATION: 3 large zippered mesh roll up windows and top mesh window provide continuous air flow and heat dissipation for the 6 person instant tent; The skylight offers adequate vision for the camping tent while rainfly provides protection against the rain.
- INTERNAL STORAGE: Storage bags of the camping tent can store keys, phones etc. The woven belt can hang your light, fan or clothes . The reserved wire channel allows external power to pass through.
- PREMIUM MATERIALS: Designed with waterproof, UV protection coatings and top rainfly, the camping tent keeps you from being bothered by the rain or burning sun. It also allows you to have enough privcy space and protect your sleep from being disturbed.
- CONVENIENCE: A 90 second set-up and packs up into a 67.5 inch duffle bag. Spaciously sleep up to four people, standing 78 in tall and featuring 61 sq. feet of floor space. Resistant to water, wind and mildew and features a 50+ UV rated material.
- RAINFLY WITH INTEGRATED POLES: A waterproof rainfly with taped seams is included with each tent. The integrated poles insert into each corner before popping up the roof. It can be left off on nice nights for a great view of the stars.
- STURDY POP-UP HUB DESIGN: Our camping tents come fully assembled and pop-up fast thanks to the innovative framework. We use only all-metal hubs and solid fiberglass poles to create a solid structure that resists strong winds.
- DURABLE BEEFY YKK ZIPPERS: Zippers go through a lot of abuse, and there is nothing worse than getting in and out of a tent with broken zippers. That's why we use rugged and dependable and beefy YKK zippers on our doors.
- REMOVABLE FLOOR: The rugged polyester floor is held securely in place by a thick strip of extra strength hook and loop tape surrounding the tent interior. It can be quickly removed to shake out dirt and sand.
- Free-standing bug net that pops open instantly into shape to provide a safe refuge - simply slide off the elastic strap and toss up into the air away from you. No assembly required! Can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Waterproof tarp floor; Zippered door; Fully enclosed with no-see-um netting to prevent flying critters, creepy crawlies or slithering snakes (no-see-um netting has much smaller holes than mosquito netting); Fiberglass poles.
- The net is folded into a large flat disc which is 26 inches wide. The 26 inch disc will NOT fit in your luggage. Please take a tape measure and visualize the size before you buy it.
- Weighs only 2.5 lbs! Length: 86 inches (usable length: 6 feet), Width: 39 inches, Height: 35 inches. It is wide enough to comfortably sleep without fear of touching the sides and being bit through the mesh - you can't and shouldn't be expected to sleep in only one position. Unlike other nets in which you can only lie down, you can sit up in the SansBug. If you need more space, get the SansBug 2- or 3-person net which provides 7 feet of usable length.
- Save yourself the frustration by CAREFULLY watching the demo video MULTIPLE times before folding it. Understand the steps. Don't give up. You can do it! Folding should take seconds once you get the hang of it but you DO need to watch the demo video SEVERAL times. Fiberglass poles are strong but they will splinter if incorrectly folded!
Last update on 2021-07-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Note that I have a separate list with 12 person instant camping tents. You might want to check also my list of best inflatable family camping tents with air beams instead of poles. In a sense, these tents can also be described as a sort of instant constructions. Note that the Core brand is well-known for its instant tents, and I have a separate list of Core Instant Tents, so have a look.
Thank you for reading. Let me know if you have questions or comments, there is a comment box below.
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.