Here you have our list with best rated humidifiers for bedroom and home, suitable for alleviating allergies, asthma, and respiratory problems. All of them are extremely popular products with thousands of reports by users. Keep reading.
Why using room air humidifiers
I was reading an interview with professor Gordan Lauc molecular biologist at the Biochemistry department of the Faculty for Natural Sciences in Zagreb. He was explaining why air humidification is crucial in our struggle against viruses and here are a few details from the interview.
The main entry points for viruses that are behind respiratory infections are our mouth, nose, and eyes. Normally, these areas are protected duet to the natural humidity barrier created by our bodies. But if we breathe a dry air in an extended period of time, this barrier becomes ineffective and viruses have a free entry.
Also, cold air usually contains less moisture, so in wintertime when we heat the air, it becomes even drier. In such an environment the humidity is around 20% and this is far too low, and such an environment is perfect for spreading of viruses.
It is a known fact that respiratory viruses retreat after the heating season. So when you hear politicians claiming that the respiratory infections will decrease with warm weather, they might be right. After all, they have advisors who are supposed to be from this field and should know how infections spread. But such infections will still be there and they might reappear in the autumn again.
So this partly explains why we need home humidifiers. Frankly speaking, before reading the mentioned interview I did not fully understand the true meaning of having humidifiers at home.
Benefits of air humidifiers
In most homes, the air is usually a few times more polluted than the air outside. This may be dependent on the season as well and, in general, such a polluted air may cause a lot of sleep problems.
I have seen some write about allergy relief, so adjusting moisture in the room can reduce the issues caused by air allergens. Some of the humidifiers may remove particles like pollen, animal dander, and mold spores, and at least some of the harmful gases and bacteria. The added moisture in the air will help with dry and itchy eyes, cracked lips, and make skin stronger.
Have you ever experienced issues with static electricity and sparks on some metal items in the house? This is annoying and unpleasant, and it is usually more present when the air is dry. I have seen some claiming that the static build-up is reduced with such room humidifiers working in the room.
You should know that some of the humidifiers create a warm mist and this may slightly raise the room temperature and make the atmosphere more pleasant. Also, when you have such a vaporizer working, your plants in the room will be grateful and they will look healthier.
Increased humidity on its own will make breathing more comfortable, but some humidifiers also allow for adding essential oils and medical inhalants like menthol extract. This will create the atmosphere even more pleasant.
I have seen statements about benefits for wood furniture, apparently increased room humidity can extend the life of such pieces in the house.
Now just a short note related to the health issues, when you inspect the list with humidifiers below, check also about BPA free models, ETL listed, and CA65 tested. You will see such statements in the specifications of humidifiers in the list.
What types of air humidifiers exist
The focus here is on room humidifiers so typically you will need a smaller version. But even this type can be in various sizes (expressed in liters or gallons), and it is best to know the actual size of the room where the humidifier will be used, and then check in specifications of those that are shortlisted. You should normally always have information on how much space it can cover.
But quite generally, regarding the size you can have:
- Tabletop humidifiers. This is the type you need for a bedroom, they are portable and easy to use and to clean, so you can easily move them from room to room. One is shown in the top picture above, so you realize they take no much space and they look great.
- Console humidifiers. Those are bigger in size, freestanding, movable but only when this is really necessary, and with the capacity to cover larger areas and several rooms. This type is not in the list below.
- Whole-house humidifiers are integrated into your house plumbing installations, so this is a non-movable type and you do not have to think about adding water.
Types regarding the method of work
These humidifiers simply increase the moisture level by dispersing a fog or mist into the area. This is necessary in winter when the heating is on, but also during the summer if you use air conditioning. Here are the most important groups:
Evaporative humidifiers: This is the simplest type with a wick filter that absorbs water from the reservoir, and there is a fan that pushes the air through the filter. This creates a mist that disperses through the room in all directions.
These filters have to be replaced from time to time but they also keep harmful particles and fractions from spreading into the room.
Filter-less impeller humidifiers: In this case instead of filter you have a system that forces water through a screen that breaks water into fine droplets that spreads like a fog through the room. So this is a system without any filtration and purification.
Ultrasonic humidifiers: This type is a bit more advanced and they are more expensive. Water droplets are created by fast vibrations due to high-frequency sound waves directed at a vibrator. Note that these humidifiers and vaporizers are quieter, so this is the type you would want to have if you are sensitive to sounds. Please check also our separate list with ultrasonic humidifiers only.
There are more features and ways to group these items. You will see some that create warm mist, so these are again a bit more expensive, while others do not have such an option.
Also, some use only water but some allow you to add essential oils. You will see some more differences when you inspect the list below.
Here is a short video about a very popular model:
Maintenance & tips
These room humidifiers have to be cleaned occasionally to avoid becoming sources of bacteria and mold. But they do not need lots of maintenance. So use the usual cleaning means to prevent mold and bacteria from developing inside, this can harm your health instead of improving it. Check in the instructions about cleaning steps.
It is best to use distilled or demineralized water simply to save you from more cleaning. I live in the area where tap water is full of limestone so if the same is at your side, better avoid using it for these air humidifiers.
If your humidifier is one of those that have a filter, just follow the instructions and change the filter as recommended by the manufacturer. I have seen some asking if it is safe to sleep with such a thing working in the room, so no worry, it can only be beneficial for your sinuses and throat.
Here is one more video about one of those in the list with ultrasonic technology:
So here is our list of best rated humidifiers for home, all of them the most popular items on Amazon, and here they are ordered by ascending price. You have examples of humidifiers that have collected tens of thousands of reports by Amazon customers, so all is known about them, they have been tried and tested by many people. This means you have plenty of useful information about each of them here, so just follow the links to find out more.
- Cool Mist Humidifier: Add cool moisture to dry air with this quiet humidifier. The 1 gallon tank runs up to 24 hours on low, making this humidifier great for bedrooms & medium sized rooms in your home. UV technology kills 99.9% of bacteria in the water.
- Filtered Cooling Moisture: Evaporative Technology Blows Moisture off a Wicking Filter, Helping It Evaporative Into the Air Quickly. It’s Not Possible to Over-Humidify With Evaporative Technology Because You Can’t Add More Moisture to the Air Than It Can hold.
- Honeywell Humidifiers: Humidity levels in your home between 40-60% can make the air feel warmer & improve your breathing comfort, sleeping, nasal congestion & dry skin. Dry air can cause static electricity, damage wooden furniture & irritate health issues.
- Humidifiers for Babies, Children, Adults: Humidifiers diffuse moisture into the air, and many find that a humidifier for the home, bedroom or nursery becomes an essential part of a good nights sleep when the air is dry, in allergy season, or when sick.
- Honeywell Quality: Help Improve Air Circulation & Energy Savings in Your Home, Bedroom or Office With Honeywell Fans.
- ALSO AN ESSENTIAL OIL HUMIDIFIERS: Essential Oil Compatible, you can directly add some drops of essential oil into the water tank, the humidifier turns to an oil diffuser, allowing you to enjoy the fragrance and relax your mind immediately
- CONVENIENT TOP-FILL DESIGN: One-piece & top-fill opening design make the humidifier easier to refill the water and clean. No need to remove the water tank anymore, just twist the cover down and directly add water through the large opening top.
- AUTO SHUT OFF & RELIABLE: This cool mist humidifier for bedroom will automatically shut off with red LED light on when runs out of water. You can totally free your worry about it will dry running when you are sleeping.The automatic shut-off design always reassure you.
- 2 MIST LEVEL & SLEEP MODE: Sensitive touch button helps you easily change the working modes of the humidifier. There are modes to choose: high mist mode, low mist mode and sleep mode. The indicator light will be turned off in the sleep mode.
- 360° EFFICIENT HUMIDIFICATION: Homasy cool mist humidifier can moisturize the air for up to 30H of continuous operation, 360° uniform humidification, so you can breathe the fresh air even far away from the humidifier, smell the fresh air like you are in a forest.
- VICKS WARM MIST HUMIDIFIER: This warm mist humidifier, for bedrooms, baby nurseries, kids' bedrooms, or anyplace where you want congestion relief, can be used with Vicks VapoSteam for medicated vapors. Filter-free, full 1 gallon tank can run for 24 hours
- VICKS HUMIDIFIERS FOR KIDS, ADULTS: Humidifier diffuses 95% bacteria free mist into the air. Many women and men find that a humidifier for the bedroom becomes an essential part of a good night's sleep when the air is dry, in allergy season, or when sick
- COUGH & CONGESTION RELIEF: When you or your kid has a cold, it can be difficult to sleep through the night. Humidifiers and vaporizers provide temporary relief from coughing and congestion, so your rest won't be as disturbed by coughing fits
- VICKS VAPORIZERS, HUMIDIFIERS, & STEAM INHALERS: Moisture & humidity offer temporary relief from cough & congestion due to colds or allergies. Vicks line of humidifiers & steam inhalers, help you breathe easier wherever you are, from the bedroom to office.
- HUMIDIFIERS FOR BEDROOMS, DESKS, TABLES: Our humidifiers & vaporizers help you breathe better wherever you are.
- Efficient Humidifiers for Bedroom: With 2.2L large tank, the cool mist humidifier allows up to 24 hours of working in low mist. omni-directional rotating nozzle ensures an even level of humidity distributed at home. Breathe the forest fresh air in your home.
- Whisper-quiet Bedroom Humidifier: Homasy Ultrasonic humidifier lowers the noise level to 28dB (quieter than a computer) for quiet humidification without disturbing your study, working or sleeping, away from those nasty noises.
- Easy to Clean and Refill: Designed with 3.25 inches large opening, Homasy cool mist humidifier is really convenient for your daily clean and easy to refill. And the arc shaped handle with anti-slip grooves offers you securer grip than others, easy to carry to anywhere you want.
- Precise Mist Output Control: Designed with dial knob mist control, you can adjust mist output volume to ideal humidity level for comfort and health by the dial knob. Which is more precise than the button control.
- Auto Shut-off and Safe to Use: Homasy humidifier for bedroom will automatically shut off with red LED light on when runs out of water. You can totally free your worry about it will dry running when you are sleeping.
- Easy to Clean & Refill: The 3. 8 in / 9. 65 cm opening lets you quickly refill the water tank and conveniently wipe down the interior of the humidifier. For a more thorough clean, remove the detachable silencer and use the complimentary cleaning brush.
- 4L Large Capacity: The 1. 06 gal / 4 L water tank allows for up to 40 hours of continuous use at low setting and 10 hours of continuous use at high setting. And the humidifier will be able to run for a longer or shorter time depending on the environmental temperature and humidity. The cool mist humidifier is perfect for bedrooms, baby nurseries, and other mid-sized rooms
- Aromatherapy: Add essential oils to the aroma tray of the filter-free humidifier to infuse the air with your favorite fragrances
- Levoit Advanced Ultrasonic Technology: The ultrasonic humidifier atomizes water, turning it into a fine mist (
- Reliable Safety: The cool mist humidifier automatically shuts off when you lift up the water tank or when it runs out of water. It’s also BPA free, ETL listed and CA65 tested, which makes it perfect for your baby nursery. Note: This humidifier is not smart-plug compatible
- ULTRASONIC COOL MIST TECHNOLOGY: Safely moisturizes the air for up to 16 hours of continuous operation so you can breathe easy and get more restful sleep | High and low speed settings make it easy to adjust mist direction and speed to fit your comfort level
- 1.5-LITER WATER TANK: Provides ideal coverage for bedrooms, offices, and other medium-sized rooms
- OPTIONAL NIGHT LIGHT: Offers soothing glow for maximum relaxation
- AUTOMATIC SHUT-OFF: Turns humidifier off when water level is low or the water tank is removed
- WHAT YOU GET: Humidifier, AC power adapter, disk cleaning brush, user manual, industry-leading 5 Year Warranty, caring customer support 7 days a week, and the peace of mind that comes from a trusted brand with millions of customers worldwide.
- SAFE & HEALTHY: The cool mist humidifier automatically shuts off when water level is low. It’s also BPA free, FCC Certified, ETL listed, CA65 Tested and ROHS Compliant, making it safe and healthy for baby and all your loved ones
- WHISPER QUIET: The patented silencer allow the humidifier to make only 24dB of sound at low setting. Meanwhile, the noise level of high setting is just less than 30dB, which is quieter than a library
- OPTIONAL NIGHT LIGHT: The filter-free humidifier features an optional soothing blue night light. Alternatively, you can turn off all display lights so you’re not disturbed you while you sleep
- EASY TO CLEAN: Simple structure design and detachable silencer allow you can clean every nook and cranny of the air humidifier. A cleaning brush is also included for easy cleaning
- LONG LASTING: Run your ultrasonic humidifier for up to 24 hours at low setting, 13. 3 hours at medium setting and 9. 6 hours at high setting, made possible by the 0. 63 gal / 2. 4 L water tank
- VARIABLE SPEED SETTINGS: No matter the humidity level you would like to achieve we've got you covered. The Crane drop cool mist humidifiers offer variable output settings and an adjustable 360 degree mist lid making it easy to send the mist in any direction. The mist output is perfect for humidifying rooms up to 500 square feet, which is a standard medium to large sized room
- WHISPER QUIET: Crane's drop humidifier runs whisper quiet which makes it the perfect option for light sleepers, kids, and especially babies. This humidifier is made with clean control anti-microbial material which reduces mold and bacteria growth by up to 99.96%
- ONE GALLON TANK: The 1 gallon tank fits under a standard kitchen or bathroom sink, and has an easy to carry handle at the top. Our humidifiers are filter free, but we offer an optional demineralization filter (HS-1932) for those with excessive minerals in their water that screws directly into the tank
- 24 HOUR RUN TIME: The drop humidifier runs up to 24 hours, so you don't have to worry about running it through the night. It also is equipped with an automatic shut-off safety feature that turns the unit off when the water runs out
- EASY TO CLEAN: Crane's easy to clean humidifier design features a detachable bottom fill tank, which is recommended by health professionals for promoting clean humidifier habits. The water level sensor and cap also are removable, giving you access to clean the entire base. We recommend cleaning the humidifier based on frequency of use and provide many educational resources on how to clean your humidifier
- Cool Mist Humidifier: Features a 6 liter (1.6 gallons) reservoir with a super high mist output. Our ultrasonic humidifier for bedrooms works in rooms up to 500 square feet and lasts 50 straight hours. This makes our air humidifier suited for large rooms and is an ideal room essential for the room, apartment, office, nursery, or college dorm
- Essential Oil Tray: More than just a humidifier, we included an essential oil tray. Your oil diffuser humidifier circulates the oils into the cool mist, giving you a clean, pure, and fresh smelling aroma. Now you can create an aromatherapy experience. It also can be used as a humidifier for babies and features a blue LED night light
- Auto Shut Down, Quiet: The vaporizer humidifier automatically shuts down when out of water. This helps prevent damage to the unit and keeps you protected. Our home humidifiers are nearly silent (less than 30 DB), making them a suitable humidifier for baby rooms and bedrooms
- Filterless Design: Our ultrasonic humidifier design is filterless, saving you from ongoing replacement costs. IMPORTANT: Running the humidifier in humid conditions can cause water accumulation on surfaces. Use a hydrometer to monitor humidity levels. It is recommended to keep humidity between 40 and 60 percent. Exceeding 60 percent humidity can cause water accumulation and can damage wood, and other surfaces
- 2 Year Replacement Policy: At Everlasting Comfort we care about your experience with our products. To show we're here to help, we pledge to replace your product, should anything go wrong. It's our way of showing you can rely on us to have you covered. Note: We continually strive to improve our packaging to better serve our customers. Over time this packaging will replace current packaging thus packaging may vary
- Warm & Cool Mist: The humidifier provides both cool mist and warm mist to relieve you from congestion,sinus,dry skin, allergies,bloody noses,cold, flu.It is perfect for all year around using.
- Auto Mode: The humidifier’s built-in humidity sensor automatically adjusts the mist level to maintain a comfortable level of humidity, so you can set it and forget it. If the tank runs out of water, the humidifier will automatically turn off
- Aromatherapy: Add your favorite essential oils to the aroma box to give your room a clean, fresh aroma.
- Perfect for Large Room: With a mist output of up to 500 mL/hr, the LV600HH can easily handle spaces as large as 753 ft2 / 70 m2. The large 1. 5 gal / 6 L capacity allows for 60 hours of continuous use with the low mist level.
- Convenient Remote Control: Adjust settings in the middle of the night without leaving the comfort of your bed. On a schedule? Set a 1–12 hour timer so you won’t have to worry about accidentally leaving the humidifier on.
Last update on 2021-01-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Thank you for reading. Please use the comment box below in the case of questions or comments, have a nice day.
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.