Here you have the list with best rated gas powered generators, all Amazon bestsellers, many of them are Amazon Prime items and some are at discount prices.
Note that this list is updated regularly, so the prices may change and new discounts may appear, and also new models may be added to the list. So if you are still undecided, you might want to bookmark this post and to visit it from time to time for updates. These are true Amazon bestsellers collected by popularity and ratings from various Amazon departments.
Some of the models are portable and very suitable for camping and for use in basecamps for mountaineers and climbers. You will find USB outlets on them to charge your gadgets in the camp, and outlets for battery charging. Some are with wheels and more bulky, more suitable for preppers and for emergencies in general. Those are convenient sources of backup power at home in case of outages. You can run them on propane or gas, and you have power outlets on such models. It is great if you are able to combine these generators with solar generators to save on gas.
You might want to see how at least some of them work, so see this great portable model:
In the list below you have detailed information about the power they generate so you can easily decide dependent on your needs. You will see models that are EPA, CARB, and CSA Compliant. Note that such generators can be used with some portable tent heaters and make life easier if you camp in a cold environment. So have a look at our long list and see what makes these models bestsellers:
- POWERFUL DUROSTAR ENGINE: The DS4000s is Powered by a DuroStar 7.0 Hp, air cooled OHV engine w/low oil shutoff.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 4,000 starting watts and 3,300 running watts, this unit is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools.
- POWER PANEL: Includes a selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: 2 120V household outlets and 1 120V 30A twist lock outlet.
- POWERING EVERYONE ANYWHERE: The DS4000s is EPA and CARB approved for use in all 50 states.
- FUEL TANK CAPACITY (GASOLINE): 3.96 GALLONS
- Digital readout helps manage oil changes and maintenance schedule
- Features electric start, low-oil shutdown, an automatic voltage regulator and overload protection to maximize safety
- CARB & EPA III meet requirements for sale in all 50 states
- Includes wheel kit and foldable handles for easy transport
- 223cc engine provides 4750 surge watts and 3750 rated watts
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP4400E is powered by a 7.0HP DuroMax engine.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 4,400 starting watts and 3,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools.
- MAXIMUM POWER: With DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 Volt receptacle. choose between operating the generator at both 120 V and 240 V simultaneously, or at 120 only with full power.
- POWERING EVERYONE ANYWHERE: Like all DuroMax generators, the XP4400E is EPA and CARB approved for use in all 50 states.
- SURGE-ARREST: Protects your generator from power surges.
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts; Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 17. 5 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20r Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50r, and Two 5V USB Ports; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required).AC Frequency:60 Hz
- EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by a 3-Year; Nationwide Customer Service and Support Network at 1-855-944-3571
- 2000 peak watt/1600 running watt 1. 1-Gal. Fuel tank. Provides up to 7 hours of run time at 50% load
- A-iPower's exclusive "low idle" technology enable you a 9 hour run time at 50% load and 4 hour run time at 100% load
- 58D BA noise lvl ensures quiet operation so you won't wake up your neighbor & wife, perfert fit for camping, trailer travel, on site work or power outage. Eba/CARB ready ship to all 50 States
- A-iPower world leading inverter technology provides a safer & Cleaner electric flow for all your application
- Parallel ready for double power, no extra Parallel kit or outlets needed for Paralleling, you can even pair the SUA2000i with our Yamaha model or SUA2300i for more then x2+ power
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP5500EH is Powered by a 7.5HP, 225cc OHC Duromax Engine.
- DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY: The ability to run on Propane or Gasoline allows the Freedom and Flexibility of Fuel Choice.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 5,500 starting watts and 4,500 running watts, this unit is perfect for running household appliances and providing ample power on jobsites.
- MAXIMUM POWER: With DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 volt receptacle. Choose between operating the generator at both 120 V and 240 V Simultaneously, or at 120 only with full power.
- POWERING EVERYONE ANYWHERE: Like all DuroMax generators, the XP5500EH is EPA and CARB approved for use in all 50 states.
- Designed for Safety – Includes a low-oil shut-off sensor and has a 0.6-quart oil capacity (recommended 10W-30)
- Reliable and Powerful – At 4000 starting watts and 3500 running watts, enjoy up to 12 hours of run time on a full tank of gasoline with a noise level of 68 dBA from 23 feet
- Outlets – A 120V 30A locking outlet, a 120V 30A RV outlet and a 120V 20A household outlet; Engine Speed: 3600
- Volt Guard – Prevents overloads and keeps your valuable equipment safe from voltage spikes, plus a voltmeter allows you to monitor power output at a glance
- Champion Support – Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- 12, 000 starting watts/9, 000 running watts
- Epa, CARB for 50 States
- High performance alternator provides greater peak wattage which allows motor driven appliances and tools to operate simultaneously.
- Multiple front panel outlets. Ergonomically angled compact control panel with multiple outlets with weather proof cover provides easy power connections and added protection from the environment.
- Powerful 459cc/16Hp engine. It's only single cylinder even for its big size. It delivers just power. Single cylinder, air-cooled, 4-stroke engine with electric start
- Includes | 800 watt inverter generator, spark plug wrench, Phillips head screw driver and a 60 inch 12 volt dc charge cord
- Powerful | Powered by a reliable Dirty Hand Tools 1.4 HP (40cc) fuel efficient EPA/CARB certified (50 state emissions) gas engine; This generator puts out 700W continuous wattage and 800W peak wattage, all with low volume noise of 58 dB sound rating which is comparable to the sound of a normal conversation; Economy control switch for better fuel connection and less noise
- Versatil | The panel includes UL circuit protection with multiple outlets - one 120V AC power outlet and one 12V DC power receptacle, plus one USB power port; Four stabilizing pads for balance and minimal movement; Equipped with a carrying handle
- Efficient | 7 hour run time at 50 percent load; Easy to use recoil starting system and low oil shut off sensor that protects the engine from damage; Uses unleaded gasoline (2.1 liter fuel capacity) so there's no hassle of mixing; Weighs only 19 pounds
- Dependable | Backed by a 2-year limited warranty
- Dual Fuel - Runs on GAS or PROPANE straight out of the box. Engine type: 4-stroke, wheel diameter: 8.0 inches
- 4750 starting watts, 3800 running watts with up to 9 hours run time on a full tank of gas and up to 10.5 hours on a 20 lb. propane tank
- Powered by a reliable 224cc Champion engine with Touch Start, push-button electric start (battery included).Gasoline Starting Amps at 120V - 39.6A.Gasoline Running Amps at 120V - 31.7A.Propane Starting Amps at 120V - 35.6A.Propane Running Amps at 120V - 28.5A
- Frequency: 60 Hz. Outlets - 120V 30A RV, 120V 30A locking, two 120V 20A household outlets all secured by Volt Guard, protects your appliances from power surges
- Champion Support - 3 year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support. Refer instruction manual before use.
Last update on 2019-11-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API