If you are preparing for your outdoor adventures, check this list with best rated collapsible trekking poles, tools which will provide stability and balance on the trail.
All the trekking poles in the list are true Amazon best-selling items. You will realize this when you see the number of customers’ reports for some of them, they are available in thousands. Most of them are Amazon Prime items so you can have them shipped for free and this can be in a couple of days.
Some of the poles are on sale, but they are all affordable in general. This is a dynamic list with new models added occasionally, this is dependent on what is becoming trendy and popular on Amazon. So bookmark this text and check from time to time.
All the trekking poles here are collapsible models, so when packed they reduce to a really short length and you can easily attach them to your backpack. Most backpacks have loops on the bottom and paired with tie-offs higher on the front, so those are for trekking poles. But you also store the poles on one of the side mesh pockets and fix in place with the upper compression side straps. Regarding the construction you have usually one of the following options:
- They can be with shock-corded segments so when you collapse such a type, you usually get three pieces that fold together. They are very short when packed.
- Yet another type are telescopic or retractable trekking poles where the segments slide in each other; such a type is particularly thin when packed but it can be longer than the previous group.
Regarding the handle, you can have:
- Cork. This is usually the best for sweaty hands, though the cork may not be the most durable material.
- Eva foam. I am using such a type right now, so this is an extra light material and with really great sweat-absorbing properties.
- Plastic. This is a durable option but usually much heavier than the other two. Better avoid.
- Note that you can have a combination of foam and cork, there are such models in the list.
Regarding the tubes’ material you can have the following:
- Aluminum trekking poles. This is the most frequent material and typically the best price/value combination.
- Carbon. These are less frequent and they are usually a bit more expensive.
- Titanium. These are rare, but this is the best material, and the price is to match.
Why would you use trekking poles
I am an active mountaineer (as active as it is possible, to be precise), and I never go without a pair of trekking poles. This has been so in the past 15 years, from the moment I tried my first. So I am sure they add a lot to stability on a rough and uneven terrain. Having 4 support points is better than 2, see Alpine goats to realize this.
When I descend, I extend them considerably and in such a way I can have support on a steep slope, and I am convinced that this takes a part of the weight from my bad knees. When I climb a mountain, I do not need any extra exercise, but the truth is indeed that poles bring your arms into action. With poles, you can propel your body forward and move faster.
But I do know people who never use them, I was one of them 15 years ago. It is easy to understand why this is so. Regardless of how lightweight, trekking poles add weight to your backpack, so this is a kind of trade-off and a matter of personal choice.
The most annoying thing for me is when the pole drops in a crack in the rock, if you are moving fast this is typically how the poles get damaged. If you do not stop instantly, the pole gets bent, and if this is a telescopic model it will be difficult to make it straight again to slide in the other section as before. If this happens, you can throw it away, or use without collapsing them as before.
How to use trekking poles
Well, I see many people using them incorrectly, and by this, I mean that the poles are too long. Adjust the length so that your arms make a nearly right angle when you are standing, and in this position, the poles’ handles should be at your hips height or only slightly above.
When you descend, attach the poles to the pack if this is a very steep section and you need your hands for a scramble as the top picture above suggests. Note that some of Osprey packs have Stow-on-the-Go attachment system which is the best that you can have on a pack.
If it is not so steep, extend the poles and use them for support in front of you. This is great for balance and this works for me.
But in any case, this is up to you, here is our list with best backpacking trekking poles, please have a look, there are some really great models here and from some top brands in this industry:
- TOUGHER THAN CARBON FIBER - TrailBuddy Trekking Poles' tough aluminum can withstand pressure and impact better than carbon fiber - crucial if hiking on rocky terrain or supporting heavier weight
- LIGHT AIRCRAFT GRADE ALUMINUM - Aluminum 7075 hiking sticks weigh up to 4 ounces less than typical 6061 Aluminum common in hiking sticks
- EASIER TO ADJUST THAN TWIST LOCK - Changing the height of these telescoping poles from 24.5 to 54 inches is a breeze even when you're wearing gloves or trekking in wet conditions thanks to its lever-locks
- BUILT FOR YOUR COMFORT - Cork handles are comfy to use in both hot and cold temperatures, are moisture-wicking, and mold to the shape of your hand while the strap is padded to avoid chafing your skin
- GET YOUR COMPLETE SET NOW - Available in beautiful black, blue, red, green, yellow, pink, purple, and aqua colors, these poles also come with a carrying bag, 2 pairs rubber tips , 1 pair connectors, mud baskets, and snow baskets (snow baskets for light snowshoeing only, NOT for skiing)
- HIGH QUALITY STRONG VALUE – Built with "Aircraft grade" aluminum – We source quality material and buy in bulk quantities to be able to offer high-quality poles for everyone. Compare to other brands which save by using a lower quality less than aluminum
- LIGHT WEIGHT & COMPACT POLES – 10.4 oz or LESS THAN a pound - Our aluminum poles provide hikers, walkers, back packers, campers and many more the best option for a light weight strong pole. You will feel the difference when on long hikes or daily walks
- QUICK LOCK & EXTENDABLE: Need to adjust your pole height when trekking up a hill, or a downward slope? Our quick lock will support you during all your adventures, it is easy use and reliable for holding the pole at the desired height ranging from 26”- 54”
- COMFORTABLE CORK GRIP – Cork grips provide exceptional comfort, lower the vibration as you step, and wicks away sweat. Our poles also include tungsten carbide tips and adjustable wrist straps. BONUS tip kit includes: snow basket, boots, small rubber feet.
- WE STAND BEHIND OUR BRAND: Let us know if we can help you with your trekking needs or replace any parts under warranty. Our poles were designed to fit the needs of women, men, and kids hiking trips. Try our poles out for your next adventure!
- MOVE FASTER & FURTHER WITH LESS EFFORT: Made from Shock Absorbent, Ultralight 100% Carbon Fiber Material, which Minimizes the Impact on Joints and Absorbs any Noise. Weighs only 7.6 oz so it reduces Arm Fatigue Allowing One to Move Quicker and Go the Extra Mile while Exerting Less Energy. Indestructible Design Will Withstand the Most Challenging Backpacking Trips.
- ONE SIZE FITS ALL: Quick Lock Technology Allows User to Adjust Pole’s Length Quickly and Easily While Firmly Holding its Position. Perfect Fit for Short or Tall MEN, WOMEN & KIDS. Provides Benefits to Seniors and Those Carrying Extra Weight. Retractable from 24” to 55”, which Makes Foxelli Trekking Poles One of the Most Versatile and Compact in its Class.
- SUPREME COMFORT: Anti-Slip Natural Cork Grips Adjust to the Hand, Absorb Sweat, and Keep Hands Cool and Dry During Long Distance Hikes. Air Ventilated, Extra Padded, Adjustable Wrist Straps Provide All Day Comfort. The Extended Foam Sleeve Has Ridges and is Made of Soft EVA Foam to Easily Handle Switchbacks and Abrupt Changes in Terrain.
- ALL TERRAIN, ALL CONDITIONS: From Climbing Ice Mountains to an Easy Urban Walk, Heavy Duty 4 Season Accessories and a Tungsten Carbide Tip Won’t Let You Down. Thermoplastic Rubber Tips Strongly Attach to the Staffs so they won’t be Lost in Snow, Mud or when Snagged. CARRYING CASE INCLUDED!
- RISK-FREE PURCHASE: Don’t Worry about Missing Amazon’s 30-Day Return Window. We Offer a 120-Day, No Questions Asked, Money Back Guarantee with a 3 Year Warranty for Defects. If You’re Not 100% Satisfied, We’ll Give You Your Money Back. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE.
- BUILT FOR YOUR RHYTHM: Whether walking on flat ground, uphill or downhill, TheFitLife walking poles can help you to establish and maintain a consistent rhythm, increase your average speed, rest your arms and get you further on the trail. Made of shock absorbent, high quality 100% carbon fiber, incredibly sturdy and durable so that they can reduce compressive impact on knees, legs, ankles and feet and absorb any noise.
- ULTRA LIGHT, A GREAT HELPER ON ANY ADVENTURE: Only weights 0.44lbs(0.2kg) per pole, lightweight but great for maintaining balance in difficult terrain such as during river crossings, on tree root-strewn trails, slippery bog bridges, countryside or backpacking trails. Bonus free rubber tips accessories significantly increase the traction on slippery surfaces like mud, snow, and loose rock. When not in use, simply put them in the bonus free carrying bag or your backpack, no barrier at all.
- EASE OF USE, ONE SIZES FIT ALL- The flip lock technique is more reliable and allows you to extend the poles from 24" (62 cm) all the way to 53" (135 cm) quickly when using, and then collapse the poles to original length for storage. With the measuring scale on the walking poles, you can easily get the ideal length you want. The bonus free water-proof carrying bag allows you to easily pack and carry the poles. Perfect fit no matter how short or tall, men or women, adult, seniors or children.
- COMFORTABLE HANDLES ALLOW YOU TO GO FURTHER: Ergonomic anti-slip natural cork grip handle precisely accommodate your palm, absorb sweat and keep your hands comfortable throughout your hike. The adjustable wrist straps with allow trekking poles to hang from your wrists during a particularly steep scramble, and the extended EVA foam sleeves offer you one more option in switchbacks or abrupt changes in terrain.
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION WARRANTY: We offer you 365 days 100% customer satisfaction guarantee to let you buy risk free. We are quite sure that you will be super-impressed with the durability, portability, versatility and high quality of our trekking poles. Otherwise 100% money back.
- Great for Everybody - Our hiking poles are a perfet fit from beginners to experts, children, teens, adults & seniors. Anybody from 3'6" up to 6'4" will have no problem using our poles!
- Comfortable - Ergonomic grips, lightweight aluminum, an extra wide padded wrist strap and an anti shock feature in each poles helps make our hiking poles the most comfortable poles you will use.
- Extras - Each pole comes with 2 rubber tips plus 2 spares (4 tips total), a carbide tip (built into each pole) and 2 mud baskets giving you all the essentials you need to get started hiking today
- Lightweight & Durable - Our poles are made of lightweight 6061 aluminum weighing in at approximately 12.4 ounces per pole (with tips). A very durable yet affordable material for any hiking skill level
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Covered by our 1 year warranty against all defects with friendly USA based support staff. Your satisfaction is our goal and we will not rest until you are happy.
- MOVE FASTER & FURTHER WITH LESS EFFORT: Foxelli hiking poles are made from Ultralight Aluminum 7075 material, which minimizes the impact on joints. Weighs only 9.4 oz so it reduces arm fatigue allowing one to move quicker and go the extra mile while exerting less energy. Indestructible design will withstand the most challenging backpacking trips.
- ONE SIZE FITS ALL: Quick Lock Technology allows user to adjust pole’s length quickly and easily while firmly holding its position. Perfect fit for short or tall MEN, WOMEN & KIDS. Provides benefits to seniors and those carrying extra weight. Retractable from 24” to 55”, this makes Foxelli walking poles one of the most versatile and compact in its class.
- SUPREME COMFORT: Anti-Slip natural cork grips adjust to the hand, absorb sweat, and keep hands cool and dry during long distance hikes. Air ventilated, extra padded, adjustable wrist straps provide all day comfort. The extended foam sleeve has ridges and is made of soft EVA foam to easily handle switchbacks and abrupt changes in terrain.
- ALL TERRAIN, ALL CONDITIONS: From climbing Ice Mountains to an easy urban walk, heavy duty 4 season accessories and a tungsten carbide tip won’t let you down. Thermoplastic rubber tips strongly attach to the staffs so they won’t be lost in snow, mud or when snagged. CARRYING CASE INCLUDED!
- RISK-FREE PURCHASE: Don’t worry about missing Amazon’s 30-day return window. We offer a 120-day, no questions asked, money back guarantee with a 3 year warranty for defects. If you’re not 100% satisfied, we’ll give you your money back. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE.
- High quality strong value – Poles are built with 100% carbon fiber. User friendly for beginners and strong enough for thru-hikers. Strong enough to withstand the pressure and the impact of any terrain
- Light weight & compact poles – 7. 8 oz. Or less than a pound - our carbon fiber poles provide hikers, walkers, back packers, campers and many more The best option for a light weight strong pole.
- Quick Lock & Extendable: need to adjust your pole height when trekking up a hill, or a downward slope? Our quick lock will support you during all your adventures, It is easy use and Reliable for holding the pole at the desired height ranging from 26”- 54”
- Comfortable cork grip: cork grips provide exceptional comfort, lower the vibration as you step, and wicks away sweat. Our poles also include tungsten carbide tips and adjustable wrist straps. Bonus tip kit includes: snow basket, boots, small rubber feet.
- We stand behind our brand: let US know if we can help you with your trekking needs or replace any parts under. Our poles were designed to fit the needs of women, men, and kids hiking trips. Try our poles out for your next adventure!
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT & TOUGHER THAN CARBON FIBER - Our new Hiker Hunger Aluminum Hiking Poles are made of 7075 Aluminum which makes them extremely light. Our poles weigh just under 1lb for the set and 7.5 ounces per pole! These poles are perfect for long hikes, backpacking trips, daily walks and camping adventures. The strength of Aluminum is necessary for supporting heavier weight and crucial on rocky terrain.
- COLLAPSIBLE & EXTENDABLE - These hiking sticks are collapsible & extendable which makes them great for everyone! Short, Tall, Adults, Kids whoever! The quick screw lock makes it easy to adjust to the right size for you. The poles can go from 24” (60.9cm) all the way to 54”(137cm)! Each section can be separated to reach 21”, small enough to fit in a suitcase and PERFECT for traveling with! Get the support and reliability you are looking for with our Aluminum Poles.
- ALL TERRAIN POLES, BUILT FOR COMFORT - From Climbing Ice Mountains to an Easy Urban Walk, Heavy Duty 4 Season Accessories and a Tungsten Carbide Tip Won’t Let You Down. Rubber tips, snow baskets, mud baskets and feet are included with a CARRYING CASE!
- COMFORTABLE GRIP - Our poles sport a moisture-wicking ergonomic cork handle that conforms to the shape of your hand for maximum comfort in hot and cold temperatures! The grip will fit like a glove and the padded strap helps avoid chafing your skin.! There is also a nonslip EVA Foam Grip extension under the cork grip for steep uphill climbs!
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY, RISK-FREE PURCHASE - We want you to be happy with your poles if there is an issue you have a 1 year manufacturer warranty! Don’t Worry about Amazon’s 30-Day Return Window.
- 【Innovative Folding System】 Covacure Trekking poles is provided with unique and easy to use folding system. So you can extend your poles from 43" all the way to 51" quickly. When not in use, these are easy to folding down to less than 14" to be stored within your backpack.
- 【Designed By True Hikers】Covacure Trekking Poles' tough 7075 aluminum can withstand pressure and impact better than carbon fiber which may cause soreness of joints and muscles.
- 【Built For Your Comfort】The Ergonomic EVA Foam Handle with wrist strap, sweat-absorbent, skid resistance groove design,more sturdy and comfortable than cork handle.Don't worry about the risk of unglued and broken
- 【Predominate Multi-terrain】Tackle any terrain with the replaceable carbide tungsten tips, removable rubber ferrules, and mud/snow baskets. For these rubber tips, we provide free replacement service, so you don't worry about spending extra money to buy new rubber tips, just enjoying yourself and exploring nature's beauty with our trekking pole.
- 【100% Lifetime Guarantee】So you don’t have to wonder if you are risking your hard-earned money. If you don’t love it just let us know.We’ll make sure you get a FULL REFUND, NO QUESTIONS ASKED! We take great pride in taking care of our awesome customers.Note: Please be careful not to exceed [STOP]. It's also the best choice as a gift for Christmas, Thanksgiving, Birthday or any festivals.
- Rubber grip with Rib pattern to reduce vibration
- Rubber grip extension
- Vari-width nylon webbing strap
Last update on 2019-11-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API