If you are in search of an extension to your camping tent where you will have a shed and be protected from insects, this list with best outdoor screen houses for camping is the text for you. Keep reading.
With such a portable screen house for camping, you have a very useful space next to your tent, the area where you can sit under the shade and enjoy relaxing in the open air, or you can use it for cooking and dining.
I use the word ‘portable’ here on purpose because all of them are indeed portable for short distances. But there are differences in the weight and this is either due to their construction or to the difference in the materials, or both.
So you will see several of the screen houses here that are instant by the design, in fact most of the models here are in this group. If you are not familiar with this terminology, this is the same as what you have in the so-called instant tents. This implies that the fabric is permanently pre-attached to the frame, so you open such a structure typically within 60 seconds or so.
In this video you can see one of the instant screen houses from the list, the Coleman Instant Screenhouse, please have a look:
As for the protection, all of the screen houses here in the list offer full protection from flying insects. All of them also offer shed, and here you can have differences because of the size of the roof.
These are normally floorless structures, and they are without walls, you have mesh instead. But there are some nice exceptions, and you will see a great example below as my Editor’s Choice screen house.
The floor areas are different in size and in shape. You will see some that are rectangular or square, and some that are polygonal. This may affect the type of furniture you will use. So for elongated rectangular screen houses it is best to use camping tables of the same shape, while those that are polygonal will work well with round camping tables.
Here is a video about one of the screen houses from the list below, the Eureka NoBugZone 3-in-1 Shelter, please have a look:
So here is our list with best screen houses for camping ordered more or less by weight, please have a look and follow the links to read more. These are all the most popular items on the market in this group, the products from top brands and with plenty of reports by users, so all is known about them.
- Easy 60 second setup
- Heavy duty mesh keeps the bugs away
- 2 doors for easy access
- Construction: polyester and steel
- Height: 84"
- Free-standing design with fiberglass poles, steel uprights and color coded pole/hub design allows a quick and sturdy setup
- Mesh side walls allows ventilation while providing a bug barrier
- Extra tall center and straight Side walls allow more room to stand up and add tables and chairs
- Fully equipped with large center zip door and tie backs, storage bag, guy ropes and steel stakes
- Base size: 10' X 12', center height: 7'4, total weight: 17 lbs. 14 oz.
- LET’S GO CAMPING: Make the Wenzel Magnetic Screen House an essential part of your summer picnics and parties! Cool off in the shade and escape pesky bugs at your next outdoor gathering. With a peak height of 7.5 feet, it’s also large enough to fit over a picnic table. Magnetic strips line the large “I” style doors for automatic closure and hands-free entry/exit, making going in and out with kids, pets or food a breeze!
- SPECS: Tent Floor: 11 FT x 9 FT, Inside Area: 99 SQ FT, Peak Height: 90 inches, Packed Weight: 17 lbs 7 oz, Packed Size: 26.5 inches x 8.5 inches x 8.5 inches, Material: 68D Polyester Taffeta and 68D Mesh, 2 Doors
- INCLUDED: Stuff Sack/Storage Bag, Screen House, Steel and Fiberglass Poles
- THE WENZEL PROMISE: With a 10 Year Warranty, we want to guarantee our customers satisfaction. We stand behind our products. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our wonderful Customer Service team for prompt service.
- ABOUT WENZEL: Since 1887 – From Chuck Wagons to Stations Wagons, Wenzel has created outdoor gear for not only first time campers but also seasoned outdoor enthusiasts. Our mission is to help more people experience the outdoors by providing them with quality, functional, and affordable equipment – for your family or group camping. With easy to set-up tents and comfy-and-cozy sleeping bags, let us help you reconnect with the outdoors. Let’s go camping!
- Featuring Eureka!'s most durable fabrics and framework, the versatile Northern Breeze Screen House offers refuge from the sun, bugs, and rain.
- The Northern Breeze is sized to fit a picnic table inside or beneath the built-in wind/rain curtains, which double as awnings when extra space is needed.
- Stay safely out of bug range, while enjoying a cross draft behind the 50D polyester no-see-um mesh walls.
- The Eureka! hub, shock-corded 7/8- to 1-inch-diameter aluminum poles, and sturdy ring/pin assembly make setup fast and easy.
- Two full-length doors zip completely open and out of the way for easy entry and exit.
- NEW for 2020
- Featuring Eureka 's most durable fabrics and framework the versatile NoBugZone 3-in-1 Shelter offers refuge from the sun bugs and rain
- Separate waterproof rain fly shrugs off a light sprinkle or remove the fly entirely for added ventilation through the all mesh roof
- Steep sides provide ample shade and more interior space while double zipper doors allow for easy entry and exit
- No-see-um mesh provides plenty of ventilation while defending against the tiniest critters
- Screen walls for bug-free lounging
- UVGuard material provides 50+ UPF protection from the sun's dangerous rays
- Instant setup in about 60 seconds
- 2 large doors for entry from either side of the tent
- Rugged, Polyguard 2X double-thick fabric stands up to the rigors of the outdoors
- INSTANT SETUP: Instant 60 second setup; The poles are pre-attached to the screen- just unpack, unfold, lift legs into position and extend legs until they click into place.
- SPACIOUS and COMFORTABLE: 12 ft x 10 ft floor size with a center height of 84". Front and back door meshed panels with easy open zippers along with mesh walls provide insect protection and 360 views. Extra overhead storage pockets for items you don't want laying on the ground.
- DURABLE: Heavy-duty 150D polyester canopy top and durable steel frame with 50+ UV protection canopy top.
- WHAT'S IN THE BAG: screen house, tent stakes, and carry bag
- 1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: We strive for total satisfaction with all of our products.
- CONVENIENCE: Umbrella Frame System - Nothing sets up or takes down faster! Room for 4 People and a table - This 5-sided gazebo can spaciously accommodate at least 4 people with chairs and a center table and standing over 7' tall at its center and 8' 9" hub-to-hub. You will love how easy it is to transport your Gazelle Portable Gazebo. Each Gazelle comes in a convenient portable carry bag and weighs only 23.5 pounds!
- DURABLE BEEFY YKK ZIPPERS: Zippers go through a lot of wear and tear, and there is nothing worse than getting in and out of a tent with broken zippers. That's why we use rugged and dependable and beefy YKK zippers on our doors.
- REINFORCED CORNERS: We've reinforced each corner of the Gazelle Gazebo with an extra layer of fabric and high-strength pole pockets. This helps increase the life of the gazebo for many years of enjoyment.
- UV AND WATER-RESISTANT ROOF: Shelter from the Sun, Biting Insects and More! - The roof of the Gazelle Portable Gazebo features a UV 50+ rating to help block harmful sun rays. It is also sealed to repel water, keeping you warm and dry during light rain showers. Each wall of the Gazebo is made with tight weave mesh, so it keeps out even the smallest bugs
- TIGHT WEAVE MESH PANELS: Insects are an unwanted nuisance when you're enjoying the outdoors. Luckily, our gazebos were designed to keep them out. Each panel is constructed from protective tight weave mesh.
- DIMENSIONS: 12 x 10 ft. | 90 sq. ft. of shade | 8 ft. 4 in. center height
- BUG-FREE ENTERTAINING: Screen walls keep the mosquitoes away
- ASSEMBLY REQUIRED: Extending, 1-piece frame and telescoping poles for easy setup
- 2 LARGE DOORS: For easy access from either side
- SUN PROTECTION: UVGuard material offers UPF 50+ sun protection
Editor’s Choice: Eureka Northern Breeze Aluminum Frame Screen House
This Eureka’s screen house offers far more than any of its competitors. You have a dual-layer construction with mesh and waterproof panels so it looks like a tent.
It is also incredibly tall, freestanding, and with top-quality aluminum poles. But this all comes at a price, this is also by far the most expensive item here in the list, with all the good reasons I would say.
Thank you for reading. Please check under the category Sports & Outdoor if you need more stuff for your outdoor adventures. Have a nice day.
Last update on 2020-07-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API