If you are in search of a camping, hiking, or backpacking tent, this list with short Kelty tents reviews is a place to start. Kelty is one of the most reliable and trusted outdoor brands.
I am a subscriber of Kelty and this has been for quite some time already, so I follow what is happening at their side. I reviewed many of their products, most frequently tents, backpacks, sleeping bags, and tarps. So what I notice is that they always add some note of originality, a new and interesting feature. When you see it, you say, but of course, this is exactly what was needed.
If you are an experienced outdoor person you are surely familiar with Kelty as a brand, but for new people in this industry just to stress that they started in 1952, and this was seven years before I was born. I have well over 3 decades of outdoor experience, so from this perspective, I am able to appreciate this brand.
Here are some keywords they use to describe their brand and products: built to last, the instigator, spontaneous, adventurous, inspiring, fun & playful. So this should tell you all.
The list below includes some of their hiking and camping tents that have been on the market for years already, so those are tried and tested, very reliable tents. But you will also see some brand new tents they launched recently. Observe high ratings for most of these tents. Yet another detail should not be missed – these are very affordable tents in particular when you compare them with some other top brands in this industry.
Although so affordable, these are very reliable outdoor products, Kelty is renown for such a great price/value combination, they are hard to beat in this sense. The fabric is usually polyester and the poles can be aluminum and fiberglass, in some cases they also use steel. Note that there is a separate list here with their tents on sale, so have a look.
Regarding the weight, Kelty’s tents are usually not the lightest on the market, and in most cases they are not built to be ultralight. They are built to last and to protect. So those are mostly tents for places with a motorized access.
But there are exceptions, you will see some of them that are light and suitable for the trail. One such example is this award-winning tent presented in this video:
Regarding the size, if you know this brand, then you know that they build smaller to middle size tents. This means the capacity up to 6 or 8 users. If you need something bigger, check some of Coleman tents in our separate text.
Regarding the style, Kelty is best known for their dome tents. This may imply full coverage fly or a partial coverage fly which allows for windows. If you want full protection, always go for a full-coverage fly, those are aerodynamic structures that will protect you in strong winds and rains.
But they have a few tents with pre-bent poles and those look like standard cabin tents, so those are higher and offer more comfort and head-space. One example of such tents is shown in the top picture above.
You might want to know that we also have a separate text with best rated Kelty backpacks on Amazon, so please have a look. We also have a list of Kelty sleeping bags sale. Check also our list with Vango tents for camping, those are with huge waterproof rating, built for the Scottish climate.
You will notice that the list includes a number of tents that are Amazon Prime products, so this means you can have them shipped for free. The list includes Amazon best-selling products in this industry, collected from various departments where this brand sells their tents. The list will be updated regularly and new tents will be added occasionally when they become Amazon bestsellers, so bookmark this text and check from time to time. Some of the Kelty tents here are on sale as well.
Note that all the information presented here is accurate and fresh, the prices are updated daily. So here is our list with best-rated Kelty tents, please have a look:
- The Kelty night Owl offers excellent livability at an affordable price. Easy to set up and equipped with pockets that help with illumination, it's ideal for anyone who appreciates increased visibility when setting up camp after dark.
- Aluminium Pole set consists of two hub bed and one ridged pole. Pockets at the corners of the tent keep one end of the pole secure as you move around to deal with the other end. Guy line pockets mean that you won’t have bits of line blowing in the wind.
- Walls are No-see-um mesh and the floor is tough 68 denier fabric, water resistant to 1800 mm. The seams are taped to keep moisture on the outside. The freestanding design means you can pitch the tent and then move it around to find the best site.
- Internal storage pockets include a ceiling pocket. Some of these are nightlight pockets, made to convert your headlamp’s beam into a comfortable interior glow.
- Kelty popular Stargazing Fly system: quickly and easily roll up a portion of the rainfly. Secure the rolled fly with simple clips and you’re free to enjoy a view of the stars and reap the benefits of increased ventilation.
- Backpack-friendly compact folding poles, Gearloft loops, Color coded clip and fly attachment.Wall material: 68D Polyester, 40D No-See-Um Mesh,Floor material: 68D Nylon, 1800 mm
- Roll top cube carry bag, Easy set up, Free standing, Fabric/mesh tent walls
- Kelty hug clip, Easy entry D door, Internal storage pockets, Fully seam taped construction
- Seasons: 3, Number of doors: 1, Number of vestibules: 1, Number of poles: 2, Capacity: 2
- Floor area: 30.5 ft² / 2.83 m², Vestibule area: 10 ft² / .93 m².Wall material: 68D Polyester, 40D No-See-Um Mesh,Floor material: 68D Nylon, 1800 mm
- For car camping and festivals, comfort is king.
- That’s why we made the Outback 4 with an easy-to-set-up X tent design and a huge D-door for ease-of access into your temporary abode.
- A double stake-point vestibule creates more space for your gear, so you can sprawl out and enjoy maximum relaxation.
- The easy-to-use attached guylines help stabilize the tent in windy conditions, and then tuck away into the built in guyline storage pockets when not in use. The tent also features noiseless zipper pulls and comes with a full coverage fly.
- Optimum comfort at an affordable price point; that's the Outback 4.
- Spacious 6 person tent featuring easy single-handed set-up, pops up in no-time!
- Mesh walls and ceiling keep the bugs out and brings the night stars in
- Rain / privacy fly is there whenever you need it
- Lots of internal storage pockets to keep things easy to find and easy to grab
- Kelty Built with stable steel poles and steep side walls for years of play
- The 2020 Kelty Wireless features a freestanding design and two-vestibule construction which means sweet storage space for all your gear
- The tent measures 86 x 49 in (LXW) and has a peak height of 43 in. Floor space is 29 square feet.
- The tent has 2 doors. The 3 poles are made fiberglass/hybrid and the walls are made of 68D poly, 1800mm/40D no-see-um mesh
- The 3 included poles are made of fiberglass/hybrid and the tent features Kelty Quick Corners for lightnin'-fast setup
- The brand new EZ-Zip vestibule makes getting in and out. . . well. . . easy
- Offering exceptional room for your head and shoulders, The 3-season Kelty dirt Motel 3P tent offers you an unobstructed view of the backcountry if you peel back the protective rainfly.
- The tent measures 85” x 70” (at its widest point), with a peak height of 43 inches. The interior space is 39. 6 square feet. It has two vented vestibules, which together protect almost 18 square feet of real estate.
- The tent is supported by compact DAC Press fit poles. The setup for this tent includes two hubbed poles and one Ridge pole. This assembly creates vertical walls, which provide more overall Living space inside the tent, instead of a peak in the center.
- The floor of the tent is polyurethane coated 70 denier nylon with a 3000 mm water resistant rating. No-see-um mesh walls provide ventilation and keep out unwelcome guests. Two doors provide flexibility and privacy.
- The freestanding design means you can pitch the tent and then move it around to find the best site. The rainfly is 40 denier siliconized rip stop nylon rated to 1500 mm. All seams are tape sealed to further ensure weather protection.
- Fully featured and refreshed for 2020, the reliable backpacking companion Grand Mesa tent is now even grander. Easy, affordable, and awesome… like your favorite freeze-dried meal. Without the heart burn.
- 2020 Updates: Kelty Quick Corners keep poles in place during setup, EZ-Zip vestibule with fully taped seams, Shark Mouth carry bag for easier pack up and storage.
- Dependable Materials: 2 compact folding, DAC pressfit aluminum poles, weather resistant and long lasting 68D polyester tent floor and rainfly fabric, and fully seam taped construction. Color coded clip and fly attachment for simple set up.
- Freestanding, Lightweight Design: Freestanding design allows for the tent to be pitched and then moved around to find the best camp site. Lightweight materials contribute a weight of 4lbs. 1oz (2 person) or 6lbs. 13oz (4 Person).
- The Nitty Gritty: Overall size (in inches) 85x57/44, 30 square feet interior space, packed size 16x7x7in, packed weight 4lbs. 12oz. 1 door, 1 vestibule, rated for 3 season use.
- Updated Version of Kelty Salida Tent
- The tapered tent measures 85” x 54” (at its widest point), giving you an interior area of 29. 5 square feet. The peak height is 40 inches. There is a single vestibule protecting 7. 85 square feet of storage space.
- The two aluminum poles are pre-bent to create extra room inside the tent. Pockets at each corner of the tent keep one end of the pole secure as you move around to deal with the other end.
- The Late Start 2 tent has a single door. The walls are No-see-um mesh and the floor is tough 68 denier fabric, water resistant to 1800 mm. Internal storage includes a ceiling pocket.
- The tent body is protected by a waterproof 68 denier rainfly. All seams are sealed to keep the water out. The freestanding design means you can pitch the tent and then move it around to find the best site.
- All-Inclusive backcountry comfort.
- Amazing living space with great vertical + outward leaning walls
- Genius visor for increased ventilation + reduced condensation
- Lightweight & sturdy DAC Press fit hubbed pole set, plus brow pole
- Unique door configuration with front and side door options: 2 doors, 1 vestibule
- Three-legged structure and moveable sidewall is built for flexibility and fun in any setting
- 3 equal length fiberglass poles
- Guy lines storage pockets
- Side shade wall included and fits any side
- Backpack carry bag
- OUTFITTER PRO 2 PERSON TENT: Seasons: 3 | Capacity: 2 | Doors: 2 | Vestibules: 2 | Poles: 2
- TENT BODY FEATURES: Freestanding design, DAC Pressfit poles, Color Coded Clip Construction, Taped floor seams, ArcEdge floor, Mesh wall panels, Internal storage pockets, Noiseless zipper pulls, Field repairable zipper.
- FLY FEATURES: Taped seams, Side-release tent/fly connection, Fly vents, Noiseless zipper pulls, Guyout points, Guyline storage pocket
- DIMENSIONS: Minimum weight: 6 lbs 6 oz / 2. 89 kg | Packaged weight: 6 lbs 14 oz / 3. 12 kg | Length: 89 in / 226 cm | Width: 57 in / 145 cm | Height: 43 in / 109 cm
- MATERIAL: Pole type: DAC Pressfit | Wall material: 75D Polyester, 40D Mesh | Floor material: 210D Nylon, 3000 mm | Fly material: 75D polyester, 1800 mm
- Packaged Weight: 18lb 13oz
- Floor Area: 100.5ft2
- Single Wall Tent
- One Large room for 6 people
- Large volume, double action pump included
- Available in 2, 4, and 6 person sizes, there's an Acadia for any occasion
- Stargazing fly & 3 pole design
- 2 doors/2 vestibules
- Multi diameter color coded fiberglass pole
- Highly versatile, minimalist Noah's tarp is ideal for day & night use, protect your squad from the elements at your camping trip or sporting event
- Features: convenient roll-top carrying bag, fully seam tapped construction, attached guyline with storage pockets
- Seasons: Day Use, Capacity: 4-6 Person
- Dimensions: Size (L x W x H) 108 x 108 in, Floor 81 ft, Packed Size 10 x 9 x 3 in, Packed Weight 2 lbs, Minimum Weight 1 lbs 11 oz
- Feature rich: DriDown insulation gives all the same benefits of regular down but retains loft and warmth when wet and repels water. A anti-snag zipper and top Cinch cords are extra comfort benefits.
- More comfortable: wider than traditional mummy-bags so you don't have to feel so constrained while sleeping, have extra room to sprawl out and enjoy your sleep
- Lightweight: at under 3 lbs. These bags are great for car camping or overnight backpacking and provide exceptional comfort and warmth
- Compressible: down is naturally compressible so these sleeping bags are lightweight and pack small making them Ideal for any adventure
- Built for play: Kelty gives you the easy and spontaneous excuse you need to get out there and escape from the mundane. We build great gear that’s made to last and inspire you to rediscover the joy of spontaneous play. Every. Day.
Last update on 2020-07-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API