If you are in search of a camping, hiking, or backpacking tent, this list with short Kelty tents reviews is a place to start. Kelty is one of the most reliable and trusted outdoor brands.
I am a subscriber of Kelty and this has been for quite some time already, so I follow what is happening at their side. I reviewed many of their products, most frequently tents, backpacks, sleeping bags, and tarps. So what I notice is that they always add some note of originality, a new and interesting feature. When you see it, you say, but of course, this is exactly what was needed.
If you are an experienced outdoor person you are surely familiar with Kelty as a brand, but for new people in this industry just to stress that they started in 1952, and this was seven years before I was born. I have well over 3 decades of outdoor experience, so from this perspective, I am able to appreciate this brand.
Here are some keywords they use to describe their brand and products: built to last, the instigator, spontaneous, adventurous, inspiring, fun & playful. So this should tell you all.
The list below includes some of their hiking and camping tents that have been on the market for years already, so those are tried and tested, very reliable tents. But you will also see some brand new tents they launched recently. Observe high ratings for most of these tents. Yet another detail should not be missed – these are very affordable tents in particular when you compare them with some other top brands in this industry.
Although so affordable, these are very reliable outdoor products, Kelty is renown for such a great price/value combination, they are hard to beat in this sense. The fabric is usually polyester and the poles can be aluminum and fiberglass, in some cases they also use steel. Note that there is a separate list here with their tents on sale, so have a look.
Regarding the weight, Kelty’s tents are usually not the lightest on the market, and in most cases they are not built to be ultralight. They are built to last and to protect. So those are mostly tents for places with a motorized access.
But there are exceptions, you will see some of them that are light and suitable for the trail. One such example is this award-winning tent presented in this video:
Regarding the size, if you know this brand, then you know that they build smaller to middle size tents. This means the capacity up to 6 or 8 users. If you need something bigger, check some of Coleman tents in our separate text.
Regarding the style, Kelty is best known for their dome tents. This may imply full coverage fly or a partial coverage fly which allows for windows. If you want full protection, always go for a full-coverage fly, those are aerodynamic structures that will protect you in strong winds and rains.
But they have a few tents with pre-bent poles and those look like standard cabin tents, so those are higher and offer more comfort and head-space. One example of such tents is shown in the top picture above.
You might want to know that we also have a separate text with best rated Kelty backpacks on Amazon, so please have a look. We also have a list of Kelty sleeping bags sale. Check also our list with Vango tents for camping, those are with huge waterproof rating, built for the Scottish climate.
You will notice that the list includes a number of tents that are Amazon Prime products, so this means you can have them shipped for free. The list includes Amazon best-selling products in this industry, collected from various departments where this brand sells their tents. The list will be updated regularly and new tents will be added occasionally when they become Amazon bestsellers, so bookmark this text and check from time to time. Some of the Kelty tents here are on sale as well.
Note that all the information presented here is accurate and fresh, the prices are updated daily. So here is our list with best-rated Kelty tents, please have a look:
- The Outback 4 person camping tent features an easy-to-set-up "X" tent design, a huge D-door for ease-of access and a double stake-point vestibule creates more space for your gear.
- The easy-to-use attached guylines help stabilize the tent in windy conditions, and then tuck away into the built in guyline storage pockets when not in use. Optimum comfort at an affordable price point.
- FEATURES: Color coded for easy set up | Big D door | Guyline storage pockets | Freestanding design | Taped floor seams | No-see-um mesh side walls | Internal storage pockets | Noiseless zipper pulls
- SPECIFICATIONS: Seasons: 3 | Doors: 1 | Vestibules: 1 | Capacity: 4 | Seasons: 3 | Poles: 2 | Pole type: Fiberglass
- DIMENSIONS: Tent Floor area: 57 ft2 / 5.3 m2 | Vestibule area: 15 ft2 / 1.4 m2 | Tent Length: 96 in / 244 cm | Tent Width: 85 in / 216 cm | Tent Height: 59 in / 150 cm | Packed diameter: 8 in / 20 cm | Packed Length: 27 in / 67 cm
- Backpack-friendly compact folding poles, Gearloft loops, Color coded clip and fly attachment.Wall material: 68D Polyester, 40D No-See-Um Mesh,Floor material: 68D Nylon, 1800 mm
- Roll top cube carry bag, Easy set up, Free standing, Fabric/mesh tent walls
- Kelty hug clip, Easy entry D door, Internal storage pockets, Fully seam taped construction
- Seasons: 3, Number of doors: 1, Number of vestibules: 1, Number of poles: 2, Capacity: 4
- Floor area: 55 ft² / 5.11 m², Vestibule area: 11 ft² / 1.02 m². Wall material: 68D Polyester, 40D No-See-Um Mesh,Floor material: 68D Nylon, 1800 mm
- The Kelty Night Owl offers excellent livability at an affordable price. Easy to set up and equipped with pockets that help with illumination, it's ideal for anyone who appreciates increased visibility when setting up camp after dark.
- Aluminum pole set consists of two hubbed and one ridged pole. Pockets at the corners of the tent keep one end of the pole secure as you move around to deal with the other end. Guy line pockets mean that you won’t have bits of line blowing in the wind.
- walls are No-see-um mesh and the floor is tough 68 denier fabric, water resistant to 1800 mm. The seams are taped to keep moisture on the outside. The freestanding design means you can pitch the tent and then move it around to find the best site.
- Internal storage pockets include a ceiling pocket. Some of these are nightlight pockets, made to convert your headlamp’s beam into a comfortable interior glow.
- Kelty’s popular Stargazing Fly system: quickly and easily roll up a portion of the rainfly. Secure the rolled fly with simple clips and you’re free to enjoy a view of the stars and reap the benefits of increased ventilation.
- Fits most tents with gear loops
- Lantern Clip
- Glasses pockets
- 12 Inch x 19 Inch
- Total Weight: 2 ounces
- All-Inclusive backcountry comfort.
- Amazing living space with great vertical + outward leaning walls
- Genius visor for increased ventilation + reduced condensation
- Lightweight & sturdy DAC Press fit hub bed pole set, plus brow pole
- Unique door configuration with front and side door options: 2 doors, 1 vestibule
- Offering exceptional room for your head and shoulders, The Kelty dirt Motel 4P tent allows you and the whole family to take in the stars when backpacking or camping.
- The tent measures 94” x 85” with a peak height of 46 inches. The interior space is 55. 5 square feet. It has two vented vestibules, which together protect 18 square feet of real estate.
- The tent is supported by compact DAC Press fit poles. The setup for this tent includes two hubbed poles and one Ridge pole. This assembly creates vertical walls, which provide more overall Living space inside the tent, instead of a peak in the center.
- The floor of the tent is polyurethane coated 70 denier nylon with a 3000 mm water resistant rating. No-see-um mesh walls provide ventilation and keep out unwelcome guests. Two doors provide flexibility and privacy.
- The freestanding design means you can pitch the tent and then move it around to find the best site. The rainfly is 40 denier siliconized rip stop nylon rated to 1500 mm. All seams are tape sealed to further ensure weather protection.
- 2019 Updated Version of Kelty Salida Tent
- The tent measures 85” x 40” x 30”, giving you an interior area of 20. 6 square feet. The peak height is 36. 5 inches. There is a single vestibule protecting 6. 4 square feet of storage space.
- The two aluminum poles are pre-bent to create extra room inside the tent. Pockets at the corners of the tent keep one end of the pole secure as you move around to deal with the other end.
- The tent has a single door. The walls are No-see-um mesh and the floor is tough 68 denier fabric, water resistant to 1800 mm. Internal storage includes a ceiling pocket.
- The tent body is protected by a waterproof 68 denier rainfly. All seams are sealed to keep the water out. The freestanding design means you can pitch the tent and then move it around to find the best site.
- UPDATED LOOK: The Gunnison 2 person camping and backpacking tent features more room for more value. Finally, the head and shoulder room you've been looking for in a lightweight, compatible design.
- FEATURES: Footprint included, 3 Season Rated, Roll-Top cube carry bag, Freestanding design, All-in-one hubbed pole design, Kelty Hug Clip, Kelty Connect pole connection, Quick stash door storage pockets, 2 door/2 vestibule, Door storage pockets
- MATERIAL: Wall material: 68D Polyester / No See-Um Mesh | Floor material: 68D Polyester, 1800 mm | Fly material: 68D Polyester, 1800 mm
- SPECIFICATIONS: Seasons: 3 | Doors: 2 | Vestibules: 2 | Capacity: 2 | Min. weight: 5 lbs 1oz / 2.3kg | Floor area: 30 ft2/2.79 m2 | Vestibule area: 14+8ft2/1.3 + .75m2 | Tent Length: 89in./226cm | Tent Width: 51 in./130cm | Tent Height: 43 in./109cm
- The Trail Ridge 4 has steep walls to create a roomy interior, making this tent extra comfortable
- Stargazing Fly rolls up for unobstructed views yet clips down for full coverage protection at the first sight of rain
- Tent cube designed to pack easily and save space inside of your pack, breathable mesh panel helps tent dry
- Features: stargazing fly, compact poles, carry cube bag, color coded clip & fly attachment
- Seasons: 3, Capacity: 6 Person, Number of doors: 2, Number of vestibules: 2, Number of poles: 2
- Spacious 4 person tent featuring easy single-handed set-up, pops up in no-time!
- Mesh walls and ceiling keep the bugs out and brings the night stars in
- Rain / privacy fly is there whenever you need it
- Lots of internal storage pockets to keep things easy to find and easy to grab
- Kelty Built with stable steel poles and steep side walls for years of play
Last update on 2020-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API