If you are in search of a camping, hiking, or backpacking tent, this list with short Kelty tents reviews is a place to start. Kelty is one of the most reliable and trusted outdoor brands.
I am a subscriber of Kelty and this has been for quite some time already, so I follow what is happening at their side. I reviewed many of their products, most frequently tents, backpacks, sleeping bags, and tarps. So what I notice is that they always add some note of originality, a new and interesting feature. When you see it, you say, but of course, this is exactly what was needed.
If you are an experienced outdoor person you are surely familiar with Kelty as a brand, but for new people in this industry just to stress that they started in 1952, and this was seven years before I was born. I have well over 3 decades of outdoor experience, so from this perspective, I am able to appreciate this brand.
Here are some keywords they use to describe their brand and products: built to last, the instigator, spontaneous, adventurous, inspiring, fun & playful. So this should tell you all.
The list below includes some of their hiking and camping tents that have been on the market for years already, so those are tried and tested, very reliable tents. But you will also see some brand new tents they launched recently. Observe high ratings for most of these tents. Yet another detail should not be missed – these are very affordable tents in particular when you compare them with some other top brands in this industry.
Although so affordable, these are very reliable outdoor products, Kelty is renown for such a great price/value combination, they are hard to beat in this sense. The fabric is usually polyester and the poles can be aluminum and fiberglass, in some cases they also use steel. Note that there is a separate list here with their tents on sale, so have a look.
Regarding the weight, Kelty’s tents are usually not the lightest on the market, and in most cases they are not built to be ultralight. They are built to last and to protect. So those are mostly tents for places with a motorized access.
But there are exceptions, you will see some of them that are light and suitable for the trail. One such example is this award-winning tent presented in this video:
Regarding the size, if you know this brand, then you know that they build smaller to middle size tents. This means the capacity up to 6 or 8 users. If you need something bigger, check some of Coleman tents in our separate text.
Regarding the style, Kelty is best known for their dome tents. This may imply full coverage fly or a partial coverage fly which allows for windows. If you want full protection, always go for a full-coverage fly, those are aerodynamic structures that will protect you in strong winds and rains.
But they have a few tents with pre-bent poles and those look like standard cabin tents, so those are higher and offer more comfort and head-space. One example of such tents is shown in the top picture above.
You might want to know that we also have a separate text with best rated Kelty backpacks on Amazon, so please have a look. We also have a list of Kelty sleeping bags sale. Check also our list with Vango tents for camping, those are with huge waterproof rating, built for the Scottish climate.
You will notice that the list includes a number of tents that are Amazon Prime products, so this means you can have them shipped for free. The list includes Amazon best-selling products in this industry, collected from various departments where this brand sells their tents. The list will be updated regularly and new tents will be added occasionally when they become Amazon bestsellers, so bookmark this text and check from time to time. Some of the Kelty tents here are on sale as well.
Note that all the information presented here is accurate and fresh, the prices are updated daily. So here is our list with best-rated Kelty tents, please have a look:
- The Kelty Night Owl offers excellent livability at an affordable price. Easy to set up and equipped with pockets that help with illumination, it's ideal for anyone who appreciates increased visibility when setting up camp after dark.
- Aluminum pole set consists of two hubbed and one ridged pole. Pockets at the corners of the tent keep one end of the pole secure as you move around to deal with the other end. Guy line pockets mean that you won’t have bits of line blowing in the wind.
- walls are No-see-um mesh and the floor is tough 68 denier fabric, water resistant to 1800 mm. The seams are taped to keep moisture on the outside. The freestanding design means you can pitch the tent and then move it around to find the best site.
- Internal storage pockets include a ceiling pocket. Some of these are nightlight pockets, made to convert your headlamp’s beam into a comfortable interior glow.
- Kelty’s popular Stargazing Fly system: quickly and easily roll up a portion of the rainfly. Secure the rolled fly with simple clips and you’re free to enjoy a view of the stars and reap the benefits of increased ventilation.
- For car camping and festivals, comfort is king.
- That’s why we made the Outback 4 with an easy-to-set-up X tent design and a huge D-door for ease-of access into your temporary abode.
- A double stake-point vestibule creates more space for your gear, so you can sprawl out and enjoy maximum relaxation.
- The easy-to-use attached guylines help stabilize the tent in windy conditions, and then tuck away into the built in guyline storage pockets when not in use. The tent also features noiseless zipper pulls and comes with a full coverage fly.
- Optimum comfort at an affordable price point; that's the Outback 4.
- Offering exceptional room for your head and shoulders, The 3-season Kelty dirt Motel 2P tent offers you an unobstructed view of the backcountry if you peel back the protective rainfly.
- The tapered tent measures 84” x 50” (at its widest point), with a peak height of 42. 5 inches. The interior space is 28 square feet. It has two vented vestibules, which together protect almost 18 square feet of real estate.
- The tent is supported by compact DAC Press fit poles. The setup for this tent includes two hubbed poles and one Ridge pole. This assembly creates vertical walls, which provide more overall Living space inside the tent, instead of a peak in the center.
- The floor of the tent is polyurethane coated 70 denier nylon with a 3000 mm water resistant rating. No-see-um mesh walls provide ventilation and keep out unwelcome guests. Two doors provide flexibility and privacy.
- The freestanding design means you can pitch the tent and then move it around to find the best site. The rainfly is 40 denier siliconized rip stop nylon rated to 1500 mm. All seams are tape sealed to further ensure weather protection.
- Backpack-friendly compact folding poles, Gearloft loops, Color coded clip and fly attachment.Wall material: 68D Polyester, 40D No-See-Um Mesh,Floor material: 68D Nylon, 1800 mm
- Roll top cube carry bag, Easy set up, Free standing, Fabric/mesh tent walls
- Kelty hug clip, Easy entry D door, Internal storage pockets, Fully seam taped construction
- Seasons: 3, Number of doors: 1, Number of vestibules: 1, Number of poles: 2, Capacity: 4
- Floor area: 55 ft² / 5.11 m², Vestibule area: 11 ft² / 1.02 m². Wall material: 68D Polyester, 40D No-See-Um Mesh,Floor material: 68D Nylon, 1800 mm
- HEAVY ON FEATURES, LIGHT IN YOUR PACK: Kelty’s premium backpacking shelter option, the All Inn features DAC Pressfit poles, 15D Polyester walls, 40D siliconized nylon ripstop/1500mm waterproof floor and rainfly
- MAXIMUM USABLE SPACE: setup includes 3 hubbed poles and one ridge pole. This arrangement creates vertical walls, which provide more overall living space inside the tent, instead of just a peak in the center
- ULTRALIGHT: Weighing in at just over 3 pounds, this fully featured shelter is in a class of its own. Packed away easily with Kelty's shark mouth stuff sack, you wont' struggle to get this thing back in your pack after a restful night's sleep.
- WIGGLE ROOM: There are three doors, one located on either side and one on the front, making entry and exit easy for all occupants, zip open mesh window on the front door of the vestibule, allowing air to circulate and move across the tent while still prov
- BUILT TO LAST: Kelty is synonymous with quality in the outdoor community for good reason. Kelty gear is built for play, and built to last. Your All Inn tent is ready to be put through the ringer in the backcountry, the back yard, and everywhere in between
- The 2020 Kelty Wireless features a freestanding design and two-vestibule construction which means sweet storage space for all your gear
- The tent measures 118 x 86 in (LXW) and has a peak height of 76 in. Floor space is 70 square feet.
- The tent has 2 doors. The 3 poles are made fiberglass/hybrid and the walls are made of 68D poly, 1800mm/40D no-see-um mesh
- The 3 included poles are made of fiberglass/hybrid and the tent features Kelty Quick Corners for lightnin'-fast setup
- The brand new EZ-Zip vestibule makes getting in and out. . . well. . . easy
- Packed Weight: 8lb 1oz / 3.66 kg
- Minimum Weight: 7lb 8oz / 3.4kg
- Floor Area: 60 ft2 / 5.58m2
- Vestibule Area: 12 + 12ft2 / 1.1 + 1.1m2
- Setup Dimensions: (L x W x H): 87" x 99" x 52" (221 x 251 x 132 cm) / Packed Dimensions: 8 x 25" (20 x 63 cm)
- Updated Version of Kelty Salida Tent
- The tapered tent measures 85” x 54” (at its widest point), giving you an interior area of 29. 5 square feet. The peak height is 40 inches. There is a single vestibule protecting 7. 85 square feet of storage space.
- The two aluminum poles are pre-bent to create extra room inside the tent. Pockets at each corner of the tent keep one end of the pole secure as you move around to deal with the other end.
- The Late Start 2 tent has a single door. The walls are No-see-um mesh and the floor is tough 68 denier fabric, water resistant to 1800 mm. Internal storage includes a ceiling pocket.
- The tent body is protected by a waterproof 68 denier rainfly. All seams are sealed to keep the water out. The freestanding design means you can pitch the tent and then move it around to find the best site.
- Spacious 4 person tent featuring easy single-handed set-up, pops up in no-time!
- Mesh walls and ceiling keep the bugs out and brings the night stars in
- Rain / privacy fly is there whenever you need it
- Lots of internal storage pockets to keep things easy to find and easy to grab
- Kelty Built with stable steel poles and steep side walls for years of play
- Simple and Straightforward Setup: Tripod construction with three equal-length and interchangeable fiberglass poles, guy line storage pockets, and oversized shark mouth duffel – no need to struggle while packing up.
- Movable Side Wall: Extra side wall provides UV and wind protection all day long, and can be moved to follow the sunshine from one side of the tent to the other, keeping you covered.
- Huge Interior Space: Equally fitting for a campsite, beach day, festival, or backyard shenanigans, the Sunshade packs an impressive 78 square feet of interior space with 3 equal sides, 12ft. 6in. each. Interior peak (center) height of 87 inches.
- Duffel Carry Case: Shark Mouth duffel bag for easy tear down and simple, thoughtful storage.
- Beach Goers Shelter of Choice: Beach farers know a shaded HQ is not a luxury, but a necessity to get the most of your day in the sun. Look no further than the updated Cabana from the rambunctious (but brilliant) designers over at Kelty.
- Poolside Privacy: Front wall and side window covers toggle for privacy for the much needed sun screen re-up, swim suit change, or toddler melt down, while 3 large mesh windows provide full comfort control.
- Easy Come: New for 2020, Cabana features Quick Corner technology, primarily used for backpacking shelters, to allow for the quickest and most efficient set up imaginable. 3 wrapped fiberglass poles attach to the exterior for a simple, sturdy frame.
- Easy Go: No experience needed tear down, and Shark Mouth opening on the stuff sack for easy packing. Stuff sack conveniently carries like a duffel bag weighing less than 7 pounds, so it can be tossed over your shoulder for the jaunt to the jeep.
- Built for the long haul: Hard wearing 68D polyester floor and fly will stand up to years of use, and the included stakes and sandbags ensure a stable and secure shelter at the beach, pool, festival, or backyard.
- Fits perfectly underneath the Outfitter Pro 4 for extra protection and longer life-span
- Weight: 13oz
- Attachment: Grommet Attachment
- DWR: 1800
- Material: 68D Polyester
- Highly versatile, minimalist Noah's tarp is ideal for day & night use, protect your squad from the elements at your camping trip or sporting event
- Features: convenient roll-top carrying bag, fully seam tapped construction, attached guyline with storage pockets
- Seasons: Day Use, Capacity: 4-6 Person
- Dimensions: Size (L x W x H) 108 x 108 in, Floor 81 ft, Packed Size 10 x 9 x 3 in, Packed Weight 2 lbs, Minimum Weight 1 lbs 11 oz
- Sport type: Camping & Hiking
- Packaged Weight: 7 pounds, 3 ounces
- Dimensions: 98 by 80 by 57 inches (L x W x H)
- 2 DAC Pressfit aluminum poles
- Freestanding design
- Taped seams on floor and fly
- Available in 2, 4, and 6 person sizes, there's an Acadia for any occasion
- Stargazing fly & 3 pole design
- 2 doors/2 vestibules
- Multi diameter color coded fiberglass pole
Last update on 2020-08-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API