Here you have our list with best inflatable kayaks for 2 person that can easily be deflated for transport and storage and then inflated prior to use. These are all Amazon bestsellers.
Why using an inflatable kayak
This is all about convenient transport and storage. So although their performance may not be as good as the rigid kayaks, they are portable and this is what makes them so popular. They can be used for a variety of activities like fishing, surfing, white water rafting, touring, and for general recreation.
Everything inflatable can leak, but technology is improving and these modern materials are tough. Besides, they always come with a repair kit and a pump.
In the case of a rigid kayak, you will have to transport it on the roof of the car, and as you can imagine, lifting it up is a job for two people. Those tools can be heavy. The alternative is to buy a separate a trailer, which is an investment, and it needs extra space to store at home, not to mention extra costs for insurance and tags.
Now you see the point. The solution is an inflatable kayak which you can store anywhere, and such an inflatable item is lightweight enough that you can carry it in a backpack if you wish to do so. When not in use, you can store it on a shelf or in a closet, compare this with the mentioned trailer and a rigid kayak. You can check-in such a kayak together with your luggage when you fly on vacations.
Inflating a kayak: This can be done in a couple of minutes, a pump is normally always included. You can make it ready faster than taking a rigid kayak from the car roof and carry it from the parking to the water.
Maintenance & security: As mentioned, they can be punctured so some care is needed to avoid this. On the other hand, they pack small and you can keep such an inflatable kayak in the car trunk with far less chance to be stolen than when you keep a rigid kayak on the roof.
The kayaks presented here are inflatable two-person kayaks and typically those are ‘sit inside’ type models. So you have a cockpit with comfortable seats. These are more stable than the sit-on type because the center of gravity is lower.
Inflatable kayak materials
Typically you have PVC (polyvinyl chloride), sometimes combined with nylon. Such materials should not be left in the sun for extended periods of time, their UV resistance is not bad, but it is limited.
Some are built from Nitrylon, a combination of nitrile synthetic rubber and natural rubber bonded to the polyester fabric. This type is very strong and puncture-resistant as well as abrasion-resistant.
In some of them, you have Hypalon used. This is more UV resistant than PVC and it is also more expensive. This material is stronger than both of the materials mentioned above.
You will see that some of the kayaks are NMMA Certified. This is an extra bonus for the money.
Some consideration when buying an inflatable kayak
Think about your weight and body size. If you are a big person you will need a kayak with more capacity and space. Then comes the activity you have in mind. Some inflatable kayaks are the self-bailing type, with holes in the bottom for draining water while you are paddling. Such a kayak will have some water in the bottom of the kayak and these models are used for rougher conditions. But you can have plugs to use with such kayaks when you are in calm waters.
So here is our list with best inflatable two person kayaks, many of them are Amazon Prime items, and for some you have discounts. This list will be updated regularly and new models will be added, so bookmark this post and visit from time to time.
- Comfortable for anyone: Kayak includes an adjustable inflatable seat with backrest; Cockpit designed for comfort and space
- Dimensions: Inflated size 10 feet 3 x 3 feet x 1 feet 8 inch; Maximum weight capacity: 400 pounds
- Directional stability: Removable SKEG for directional stability
- Increased visibility: In case of emergency, bright yellow color helps visibility
- Made for smaller bodies of water: Explorer k2 is made for smaller bodies of water including lakes and mild rivers
- The Intex Challenger K2 Kayak is sporty and fun with a streamlined design for easy paddling
- The bright green color and sporty graphics make the kayak highly visible in the water
- Two 86 inch aluminum paddles and an Intex high output pump for easy inflation and deflation
- Made of company's rugged, super tough vinyl that's puncture and UV damage resistant for long term durability
- Measures 30 by 15 by 138 inches (W x H x D) inflated, with 400 pound maximum weight limit; includes two 86 inch aluminum oars, high capacity pump, and repair patch kit
- Super tough laminate PVC with polyester core: Light weight and highly resistant to damage from abrasion, impact and sunlight
- High pressure inflation provides extra rigidity and stability, with high pressure spring loaded valves for easy inflation and fast deflation
- Includes 2 removable skegs for deep and shallow water, 2 floor mounted footrests, 2 integrated recessed fishing rod holders, 2 adjustable bucket seats
- Removable and adjustable mounting bracket for additional accessories, such as GPS systems, fish finders, swivel fishing rod holders etc. Includes a carry bag and repair patch
- Storage space in bow and Stern with stainless steel d rings for tying down Dry bags and gear; Kayak total weight capacity: 400 pounds
- Holds 2 people up to 400 pounds: Inflatable 2-person kayak with included 86-inch long oars and air pump can hold up to 400 pounds
- Designed for speed and agility in the water: Long skeg is great for straight-line tracking, while the short skeg is great for quick and easy turns
- Tough vinyl construction for adventuring: Heavy-duty, puncture-resistant vinyl with 3 separate air chambers and an inflatable I-beam floor for rigidity
- Easy to handle in and out of the water: Grabline and carry handles on the front and back for easy transport even when inflated
- Includes: Inflatable seats with backrests that are removable and adjustable; 2 dry bags and a carry bag for carrying the kayak and accessories when not in use
- Intex 68307EP Explorer K2 2 Person Inflatable Kayak Set and Air Pump and Intex Challenger K1 1 Person Inflatable Kayak With Oars And Pump
- Inflatable seats with backrests are adjustable for a comfortable ride; The kayak comes with grab lines on both ends
- Inflatable I-beam floors for stability; Streamlined design for easy paddling and removable skeg provides enhanced directional stability
- Includes 2 86-inch aluminum oars and an Intex high output hand pump (68614E)
- Noticeable graphics give the kayak a sporty flair and maximize boating safety on the water
- Make the most out of those hot days with the Intex Explorer K2 2 Person Inflatable Kayak Set
- 2 person inflatable water craft great for lakes and mild rivers
- Made of rugged 30 gauge vinyl, made stronger for durability
- Inflatable seats with backrests are adjustable for a comfortable ride
- Inflatable I beam floors for stability
- 2-person inflatable boat set designed for pools or calm waters
- 2 air chambers for safety; Grab rope on the bow. Inflated size: 6 feet 1 inches X 3 feet 1 inch X 1 feet 4 inch
- Inflatable floor for comfort and rigidity; Welded oar locks
- Includes 2 oars
- Measures 73 x 16 x 37 inches (W x H x D); 210-pound capacity
- Inflatable 2 Person Vinyl Kayak with Oars & Pump, Red (2 Pack)
- Includes 85.83-inch long oars and air pump
- Carry handles on the front and back for easy transport even when inflated
- Doesn't lose color or structural strength when in contact with oil, petrol, salt water, or other chemical agents
- Low profile makes it usable in rivers or lakes
- INFLATES QUICKLY: The Driftsun Voyager 2 Person Inflatable Kayak inflates to a full size kayak (11' x 35” x 16”) in less than 5 minutes with the included deluxe high flow double action hand pump. Go from garage, to trunk, to water in no time!
- COMPACT & MANEUVERABLE: When deflated for transport this inflatable tandem kayak measures only 26”(L) x 16”(W) x 8”(H) and fits nicely into the included carry bag. It’s lightweight design makes it easy to handle by one person, weighing in at only 27 lbs.
- DURABLE DESIGN: Heavy-duty PVC Tarpaulin bottom provides durable protection from punctures, Double Threaded Boston valves are guaranteed not to leak, and tough 840D coated nylon oxford fabric top cover is rip and tear resistant.
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE: Rocker profile and pointed nose entry (bow) delivers excellent performance in both calm and choppy waters, Removable deep fin provides responsive tracking, rear drain plug for easy draining/cleaning and High Quality EVA padded seats offer High-back support for hours of comfortable cruising for both children and adults.
- EVERYTHING INCLUDED! – Driftsun Voyager Inflatable Tandem Kayak, (2) Adjustable EVA padded seats, (2) Aluminum kayak paddles with ergonomic grip handles, Deluxe double action hand pump, Rear tracking fin, and Travel bag.
- Pack of (2) 1 person inflatable kayaks for lakes and mild rivers with oars and air pump; Durable nylon carry bag and repair patch included; U.S. Coast Guard I.D and TUV RL approved; Weight Capacity: 220 pounds
- Comfortable and spacious cockpit with inflatable seats and backrests and a cargo net to keep personal belongings in the boat; Streamline design for easy paddling and inflatable I beam floor for comfort and rigidity
- High capacity/output hand pump with 2 quick fill, fast deflate Boston valves on main hull chamber; Grab lines on both ends and removable skeg for directional stability
- Made of rugged, super tough 30 gauge vinyl made stronger for durability; Strong molecular structure of this plastic makes it highly resistant to damage from abrasion, impact, and sunlight
- Special PVC plastic material also allows more air pressure for greater rigidity while maintaining the PVC material's natural flexibility; (L x W x H): 108 x 30 x 13 inches; Weight: 27 pounds
Last update on 2022-09-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.