Here you have our list with best inflatable kayaks for 2 person that can easily be deflated for transport and storage and then inflated prior to use. These are all Amazon bestsellers.
Why using an inflatable kayak
This is all about convenient transport and storage. So although their performance may not be as good as the rigid kayaks, they are portable and this is what makes them so popular. They can be used for a variety of activities like fishing, surfing, white water rafting, touring, and for general recreation.
Everything inflatable can leak, but technology is improving and these modern materials are tough. Besides, they always come with a repair kit and a pump.
In the case of a rigid kayak, you will have to transport it on the roof of the car, and as you can imagine, lifting it up is a job for two people. Those tools can be heavy. The alternative is to buy a separate a trailer, which is an investment, and it needs extra space to store at home, not to mention extra costs for insurance and tags.
Now you see the point. The solution is an inflatable kayak which you can store anywhere, and such an inflatable item is lightweight enough that you can carry it in a backpack if you wish to do so. When not in use, you can store it on a shelf or in a closet, compare this with the mentioned trailer and a rigid kayak. You can check-in such a kayak together with your luggage when you fly on vacations.
Inflating a kayak: This can be done in a couple of minutes, a pump is normally always included. You can make it ready faster than taking a rigid kayak from the car roof and carry it from the parking to the water.
Maintenance & security: As mentioned, they can be punctured so some care is needed to avoid this. On the other hand, they pack small and you can keep such an inflatable kayak in the car trunk with far less chance to be stolen than when you keep a rigid kayak on the roof.
The kayaks presented here are inflatable two-person kayaks and typically those are ‘sit inside’ type models. So you have a cockpit with comfortable seats. These are more stable than the sit-on type because the center of gravity is lower.
Inflatable kayak materials
Typically you have PVC (polyvinyl chloride), sometimes combined with nylon. Such materials should not be left in the sun for extended periods of time, their UV resistance is not bad, but it is limited.
Some are built from Nitrylon, a combination of nitrile synthetic rubber and natural rubber bonded to the polyester fabric. This type is very strong and puncture-resistant as well as abrasion-resistant.
In some of them, you have Hypalon used. This is more UV resistant than PVC and it is also more expensive. This material is stronger than both of the materials mentioned above.
You will see that some of the kayaks are NMMA Certified. This is an extra bonus for the money.
Some consideration when buying an inflatable kayak
Think about your weight and body size. If you are a big person you will need a kayak with more capacity and space. Then comes the activity you have in mind. Some inflatable kayaks are the self-bailing type, with holes in the bottom for draining water while you are paddling. Such a kayak will have some water in the bottom of the kayak and these models are used for rougher conditions. But you can have plugs to use with such kayaks when you are in calm waters.
So here is our list with best inflatable two person kayaks, many of them are Amazon Prime items, and for some you have discounts. This list will be updated regularly and new models will be added, so bookmark this post and visit from time to time.
- COMFORTABLE FOR ANYONE: Kayak includes an adjustable inflatable seat with backrest; Cockpit designed for comfort and space
- DIMENSIONS: Inflated size 10 feet 3 X 3 feet X 1 feet 8 Inch; Maximum weight capacity: 400 pounds
- DIRECTIONAL STABILITY: Removable skeg for directional stability
- INCREASED VISIBILITY: In case of emergency, bright yellow color helps visibility
- MADE FOR SMALLER BODIES OF WATER: Explorer K2 is made for smaller bodies of water including lakes and mild rivers
- The Intex Challenger K2 Kayak is sporty and fun with a streamlined design for easy paddling
- The bright green color and sporty graphics make the kayak highly visible in the water
- Two 86 inch aluminum paddles and an Intex high output pump for easy inflation and deflation
- Made of company's rugged, Super Tough vinyl that's puncture and UV damage resistant for long term durability
- Measures 30 by 15 by 138 inches (W x H x D) inflated, with 400 pound maximum weight limit; includes two 86 inch aluminum oars, high capacity pump, and repair patch kit
- Super tough laminate PVC with polyester core: light weight and highly resistant to damage from abrasion, impact and sunlight
- High pressure inflation provides extra rigidity and stability, with high pressure spring loaded valves for easy inflation and fast deflation
- Includes 2 removable skews for deep and shallow water, 2 floor mounted footrests, 2 integrated recessed fishing rod holders, 2 adjustable bucket seats
- Removable and adjustable mounting bracket for additional accessories, such as GPS systems, fish finders, swivel fishing rod holders etc
- Storage space in bow and Stern with stainless steel d rings for tying down Dry bags and gear; Kayak total weight capacity: 400 pounds
- Nimble, durable kayak is made of durable welded material with eye catching graphics for added safety on the lake or slow moving river
- Cockpit is designed for comfort and maximized space, and inflatable I beam floors add stability
- Cargo net to store extra gear, and grab line on both ends of kayak; inflatable seat with backrest
- Comes with 84 inch aluminum oar, repair patch and Hi output manual hand pump; Rugged vinyl construction
- Measures 30 by 15 by 108 inches (W x H x D), with 27.2 pound weight and 220 pound maximum capacity
- INFLATES QUICKLY: The Driftsun Voyager Kayak inflates to a full size kayak (10ft. x 35” x 16”) in less than 5 minutes with the included deluxe high flow double action hand pump. Go from garage, to trunk, to water in no time!
- COMPACT & MANEUVERABLE: When deflated for transport this inflatable kayak measures only 26”(L) x 16”(W) x 8”(H) and fits nicely into the included carry bag. It’s lightweight design makes it easy to handle by one person, weighing in at only 27 lbs.
- DURABLE DESIGN: Heavy-duty PVC Tarpaulin bottom provides durable protection from punctures, Double Threaded Boston valves are guaranteed not to leak, and tough 840D coated nylon oxford fabric top cover is rip and tear resistant.
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE: Rocker profile and pointed nose entry (bow) delivers excellent performance in both calm and choppy waters, Removable deep fin provides responsive tracking, rear drain plug for easy draining/cleaning and High Quality EVA padded seats offer High-back support for hours of comfortable cruising.
- EVERYTHING INCLUDED! – Driftsun Voyager Inflatable Kayak, (2) Adjustable EVA padded seats, (2) Aluminum kayak paddles with ergonomic grip handles, Deluxe double action hand pump, Rear tracking fin, and Travel bag.
- Inflating or deflating is a breeze with two quick-fill Boston valves
- two built-in fishing rod holders and gear pouch
- Motor mount fittings are included for adding the Intex motor bracket and trolling motor
- included - grab handle on the bow, all-around grab line, welded oar locks, oar holders and a repair patch kit
- 3 air chambers including inner auxiliary chamber inside hull
- Extreme stability and versatility in an easily transported inflatable kayak. The floor is made of 3 inch double layer, drop stitch high pressure marine grade PVC fabric. This is the same fabric and construction as our Stand Up Paddle Board, with the addition of 10.5in diameter tubes. The floor and tubes combine to make a kayak stable enough to stand in all day. Making it a great fishing platform.
- The features and construction don't just make an extremely stable inflatable kayak, but one capable of holding a maximum capacity of 550 pounds.
- Inflated dimensions are 10ft 6in long and 37 inches wide. Compact storage in supplied storage & carry bag. Storage dimensions of 48in long, 12in wide, 24in tall. Overall weight of 45 pounds. Constructed of UV coated premium marine grade PVC fabric.
- All seams and construction are the same quality as our dinghies, meaning they are thermo-bonded to insure no-leaks. Backed by a 1 year no-leak guarantee.
- Includes 2 stage high and low pressure inflation pump, 2 folding seats, 2 paddles, repair kit (excludes glue), and storage bag
- Heavy-duty PVC construction is rugged for lake use
- Tarpaulin bottom provides durable protection from punctures
- Multiple air chambers allow another chamber to stay inflated if one is punctured
- Airtight System is guaranteed not to leak
- Boston Valve is double threaded for easy inflation/deflation
- Built-in aluminum ribs define the bow and stern and improves tracking
- Three layers of material for extreme puncture resistance.Folded size 35 X 21 X 12 inches. Max Weight-550 pounds. Weight-52 pounds
- Pre-assembled at the factory; simply unfold, inflate, and attach the seats
- High support, adjustable padded seats provide comfort for hours of paddling
- Three seat locations allow for paddling solo or tandem
- Touring and Recreational Inflatable Kayak - The Almanor series is designed with a long waterline for speed and long glides. Great for distance paddling, best on flat water and mild ocean chop.
- EVA Padded High Back Seats - Save your rear and your back.Our seats provide a high level of cushion and support, and can be adjusted for just about any seating position.
- Hull Design - Hull is made with rugged 600d polyester for long-life fun and UV protection. Uses industry best 24 gauge air bladders. With durability and safety at its core the Almanor 146 was engineered to perform at peak levels
- Package Includes - (2) Adjustable EVA Padded Seats with High Back Support, (2) Dual Blade Kayak Paddles, (1) Deluxe Dual Action Pump, (1) Quick-Release Fin, (2) Foot Rests, and (1) Travel Bag
- Kayak Specifications - Exterior: 13’(L) x 39”(W) / Weight: 36 Lbs. / Capacity: 400 Lbs. 2 Adults, Gear, or a Furry Friend / Inflation Time: 9 Mins. / Inflation Pressure: 1 PSI Side Tubes & 2 PSI Floor
Last update on 2020-01-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API