So you want to brew your own espresso, then check out this list with best home espresso coffee machines, all Amazon best sellers with a huge rating and many reports by customers.
How to choose a home espresso coffee machine
What type of fill: This is about its basic feature, pods or no-pods design. With pods you limit yourself to types of coffee that are prepared for you, this can also be more expensive, but the cleaning of the machine is easier. No-pods options allow you to choose coffee locally, to roast and grind the coffee yourself, and to drink pure coffee without flavors added by manufacturers.
By the way, if you decide for a no-pods design, make sure to find a quality coffee grinder. Good models allow you to choose the ground size. But some more expensive espresso machines have an integrated grinder. So make sure you check which option is better for you, a less expensive coffee machine plus a separate grinder, or a more expensive espresso machine with all built-in. You might want to check our list with best espresso coffee grinders.
Size: You will realize from the list below that there may be significant differences in the size of these coffee machines, but this may also imply differences in functionality.
Materials: The most affordable models are typically made with more plastic elements components, they are less durable, so there is a reason for the price. The most important part that should be steel is the boiler. The metal espresso machines develop a higher temperature and pressure and the coffee will be stronger and with a better flavor.
Pump-powered or steam-powered? Pump-powered espresso machines are better in temperature management and more consistent in performance. Those that are steam-powered are usually more affordable. The original Italian espresso machines were steam-powered.
Semi-automatic, automatic, or super-automatic: The first group means you have all control over the grind setting, and how long you pull the shot for. In automatic models, you start the shot but the machine decides when to stop it, but they normally allow for adjustability. The grind setting is under your control. Super-automatic models will do all, grind the coffee, steam the milk, and pull the shot.
Water reservoir or plumbing: This means that you can choose a machine that can be connected directly to the water line and you won’t need to worry about your machine running out of the water. An alternative is an espresso machine with a water reservoir, this is a more portable and more affordable option.
What can you make with an espresso machine
So the list is quite long and it includes at least the following:
- Basic espresso, this is probably the most important one for most users.
- Caffè Americano, you could call this an espresso diluted with extra water.
- Cappuccino, so this is espresso mixed with a small amount of foamed steamed milk that creates the creamy head on the top.
- Latte, here you add espresso to milk, reverse to cappuccino.
- Macchiato, this is an exceptionally strong espresso but low in volume.
- Ristretto, this is somewhat similar to macchiato, so you use the same amount of grounds but with half the water of an ordinary espresso.
- Lungo, this could be understood as espresso diluted with water, similar to Americano but the water is not added separately, it is the part of the brewing process. Therefore it is stronger and darker than an Americano.
Which coffee you can use in espresso machines
The short answer is – any coffee and any roast. But the most typical are Arabica and Robusta, the latter has a stronger flavor and more caffeine. I normally use Arabica which is milder.
Which brand to go for
There are many of them and some of them have been around for longer than a century.
- Bialetti, as you can imagine this is an Italian brand. They started in 1933 with their celebrated patented coffee pot which I use every day. This is a trusted brand with quality products.
- De’Longhi started in 1902, this is a family-owned business and one of the best known for their coffee machines.
- Nespresso, well I guess everybody knows about it. It started as a part of the Nestle Swiss brand.
- Cuisinart has been in this business for half a century already, this is a US-based company with a good reputation.
- Hamilton Beach is again a US company that builds a variety of kitchen stuff including high-quality espresso machines.
- There are many more, you will see some in the list, in particular Keurig, Capresso, Gaggia, etc.
So finally, here is our list with best home espresso coffee machines. All the data given here are updated daily, with accurate prices, discounts, ratings by customers, and the numbers of customers reports. The models in the list will also change in time dependent on what is becoming popular on Amazon, as mentioned above these are true Amazon bestsellers. Have a look:
- EASY TO USE - Single switch knob with indicator light for easy operation with function transform-coffee/steam selector and on/off. Also, accurate temperature control can ensure the best taste
- COMPACT DESIGN - The stainless steel compact design of the espresso coffee machines saves lots of space, smaller and lighter. The removable, washable drip catcher collects coffee drips and keeps brew space tidy, best for home and kitchen use
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY - Coffee espresso machine with frothing arm makes creamy froth to top off your cappuccinos and lattes. Velvety smooth espresso will make mornings so much better
- BREW LIKE A PRO - Powerful 3.5 bar pressure espresso coffee maker can make 1-4 cups (240ml) espresso coffee and rich smooth cream. Easy-pour glass cup is clearly marked to serve the perfect amount every time, delivers a truly rich espresso in just seconds
- WHAT YOU GET: 1 x Steam Espresso Machine, 1 x Filter and Funnel, 1 x Spoon, 1 x Carafe, 1 x Manual. Tips: Screw tightly all the parts for safety using
- 15-Bar Italian pump delivers the right amount of pressure for maximum flavor extraction and produces a beautiful layer of crema for your Espresso
- Dial interface for selecting steam, hot water, and pre-programmed single and double shots
- 58mm café-sized porta filter holds more grounds and ensures even water dispersion and extraction for robust flavor
- Thermoblock heating technology and PID temperature control delivers even heat for consistently great-tasting Espresso, and pre-infusion gently blooms The espresso grounds for optimally extracted Espresso
- Removable 2.0L water reservoir with hinged lid for easy filling
- Steam Heat feature forces hot steam through the filter for dark, rich espresso brew
- Frothing arm makes creamy froth to top off your cappuccinos and lattes
- Easy pour glass carafe serves up to 4 shots. To avoid espresso maker to be too noisy during operation make sure the water reservoir is full and properly fitted into its position
- Removable, washable drip catcher collects coffee drips and keeps brew space tidy
- Note: Instruction manual must be followed when attaching Filter Holder (pg. 8; To Brew Espresso, step 4.) and using Frothing function (pg. 9; How To Make Cappuccino, step 4.
- 15-bar pump system uses powerful pressure to extract a dark, rich espresso brew
- Frothing arm makes creamy froth to top off your cappuccinos and lattes
- Make 2 single shots at once with dual-shot brewing. Watts: 1250
- Thermal block heating system provides barista-speed brewing and heating. Cord length: 26 inches
- Removable, washable drip tray keeps brew space neat and tidy
- Semi automatic 3 in 1 espresso maker, cappuccino maker, and latte maker
- 15 Bar Pump System Brews Rich Tasting Espresso Coffee
- Trouble Free Automatic Milk Frother Removes the Guesswork
- One Touch Control Panel for Drink Selections
- Easy Fill, Removable Water and Milk Reservoirs
- Easy Operation - Yabano steam espresso machine is very easy to use, for beginner without requiring much techniques and skills. It can make up to 4 cups espresso coffee at the same time, serving delicious espresso, cappuccinos and lattes for yourself, your friends and family
- Steam Wand - Yabano espresso coffee maker come with a built in steam wand, You can enjoy cappuccino and latte with creamy and rich foam at any time at home
- Compact Design - It’s small and compact, doesn’t take up much counter space. Dimensions are 13.1" high x 7.7" wide x 10" deep, weight only 4.7 pounds, great for easy handling and storage
- Easy to Clean - The portafilter, nozzle and drip tray can be easily removed, makes it very easy to clean
- IF you receive defective item or not satisfied with our product, please contact us, we will try our best to help you and give you the best solution
- CAFÉ-QUALITY ESPRESSO AT HOME: The powerful 15-bar Italian pump extracts espresso from both fresh-ground beans and pre-measured soft pods for an authentic café taste.
- NO-FUSS MILK FROTHER: Perfectly steam or froth milk for lattes, mochas and cappuccinos in your own kitchen.
- EASY-FILL WATER RESERVOIR: The water tank easily removes for filling and cleaning and can hold up to 40 ounces.
- MAKE 2 CUPS AT ONCE: Two brew head spouts allow for simultaneous brewing of 2 cups of espresso.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Removable parts make cleaning up in warm soapy water a snap.
- Works with Lavazza Blue capsules
- 2 Coffee selections: simple touch controls, 1 programmable free dose and 1 pre-set.
- Visual alerts: fitted with a visual indicator to show when the water tank is empty or the capsules drawer is full.
- Capsule drawer: maximum capacity of 5 exhausted capsules.
- Transparent water tank capacity: 0. 2Gl
- Coffee, lattes & cappuccinos: Use any k-cup pod to brew coffee, or make delicious lattes and cappuccinos.
- Simple button controls: Just insert any k-cup pod and use the button controls to brew delicious coffee, or make hot or iced lattes and cappuccinos.
- Large 60ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6 cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy.
- Smart start: your coffee maker heats, then brews in one simple process. No need to wait for it to heat before selecting your cup size.
- Energy efficient: Programmable auto off feature automatically turns your brewer off 2 hours after the last brew for energy savings.
- Specialty brew: brew super rich Coffee concentrate that you can use to create delicious lattes, macchiato, cappuccinos, and other coffeehouse style drinks
- Iced Coffee: brew fresh over ice for flavorful Iced Coffee that's never watered down
- 6 brew sizes: brew anything from a single cup or travel size to a half carafe or a full carafe in your Coffee maker
- Fold away frother: turns hot or cold milk into silky smooth froth. Cord length (ft.)- 2.5
- Sca certified home brewer
- Dose control grinding: Integrated conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of bean
- Precise espresso extraction: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal Espresso extraction
- Micro foam milk texturing: The steam wand performance allows you to hand texture micro foam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
- Grind size dial: Simple and intuitive, giving you control over the grind size no matter what type of bean you're grinding
- Hands free operation: Innovative grinding cradle allows any at home Barista to grind directly into the espresso port filter
- SAFETY BOILER CAP: Built-in safety valve prevents hot steam from escaping
- GLASS CARAFE: Includes 4-cup glass carafe to brew up to four espressos at once
- FROTHER: Adjustable steam output for perfectly frothing or steaming milk for cappuccinos and lattes
- EASY TO FILL: Use included carafe to pour the right amount of water into the boiler
- HOUSING: ABS plastic and stainless steel accents
- Brews 4 Servings
- Built-in Steamer for Cappuccinos & Lattes
- Reusable Stainless Steel Portafilter
- Cool touch 20oz Glass Carafe
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- 15-bar pressure pump system allows for optimum flavor extraction
- Thermal block heating system heats water quickly and evenly
- 40 ounces removable water reservoir
- Easy-to-use milk frother for creamy cappuccinos and lattes
- 1-ounces and 2 ounces filter baskets for single and double shots
- -Lavazza LB910 Espresso Machine compatible with Lavazza Blue capsules
- Fits neatly in compact spaces
- Programmable brewing button
- Fast capsule disposal
- Adjustable cup size
- ☕☕ [RICH & THICK CREMA FOR REAL ESPRESSO] - STARESSO Manual Espresso Maker can give you the rich espresso taste with a thick layer of crema just like the ones you can get from an real Italian cafe.
- ☕☕ [COMPACT, LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE] - STARESSO Portable Espresso Maker only takes up little space. It weighs 0.97 lb, and it is small and compact (8x2.7 inches), but it can hold up to 80 ml water and a maximum of 0.53 ounces ground coffee. This Portable Espresso Machine is the perfect companion for travel. With the access of hot water, you can enjoy real tasty hand espresso at home & office or during hiking, camping and traveling.
- ☕☕ [COMPATIBLE WITH NESPRESSO PODS] - STARESSO Mini Coffee Maker is compatible with both Nespresso pods and ground coffee. Follow the instruction, poke a few holes at the bottom of the pods, or press loose ground coffee and make espresso as usual.
- ☕☕ [EASY TO USE & CLEAN UP] - STARESSO Portable Coffee Machine is intuitive and straightforward to use. With the newly patented pumping system (gives 15-20 bar pressure), you can make manual espresso effortlessly with no electricity. The highly modular coffee maker is also painless to clean up. A few rinses and you can pack away the machine, without taking up much space as the big chunky coffee machine.
- ☕☕ [BPA-FREE MATERIAL & PREMIUM QUALITY] - STARESSO Portable Coffee Maker is made of BPA-free material with the highest standard. The pressure pump and the coffee chamber are made of high-quality stainless steel. For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Use convenient pods or ground coffee with the patented dual function filter holder. It makes espresso preparation simple and fast
- Easily prepares latte and cappuccino with the swivel jet frother, for perfect drinks every time. Rated voltage/Frequency (V-Hz)-120-60
- Eliminate annoying start-up preparation with the self-priming operation. On/off switch
- Always brew espresso at the perfect temperature with two separate thermostats, which allow for water and steam pressure to be controlled separately
- Enjoy delicious espresso for years to come with the durable, high-quality stainless steel boiler and 15 bar pump pressure. Note: Refer user manual before use. Maximum cup height: 66 centimeter
- 3 in 1 function: 3.5-bar pressure and high temperature of steam can produce thicker taste espresso, and make milk frothing for cappuccino and Latte. Velvety smooth espresso will make mornings so much better.
- Can make up to 4 cups (240 ml) espresso coffee at a time
- Single switch knob with indicator light for easy operation; removable and washable filter for easy cleaning.
- Carafe has water level gauge; stainless steel filter has coffee powder volume gauge.
- NRTL certified as per national standards of ANSI/UL1082 and FDA.
- 15 BAR PUMP ESPRESSO for improved flavor extraction with no bitterness
- MANUAL SELECTION for ultimate control over the final results
- STEAM NOZZLE for sumptuous and creamy cappuccinos
- REMOVABLE 1.5 Liter Water tank for easy filling
- CUP WARMER on top to add a professional touch to your home Espresso experience
- Safe - Non-toxic, biodegradable descaling powder
- Effective - For fast and effective descaling of boilers and heating elements, removes limescale
- Multi-Use - For use with home coffee brewers, espresso machines, pod machines, capsule machines, kettles, garmet steamers, and domestic irons
- No Vinegar Smell - Removes limescale from heating element without the vinegar smell
- For Complex Maintenance - For complete maintenance use with Urnex Coffee Machine Cleaning Powder
Last update on 2020-05-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API