So you want to brew your own espresso, then check out this list with best home espresso coffee machines, all Amazon best sellers with a huge rating and many reports by customers.
How to choose a home espresso coffee machine
What type of fill: This is about its basic feature, pods or no-pods design. With pods you limit yourself to types of coffee that are prepared for you, this can also be more expensive, but the cleaning of the machine is easier. No-pods options allow you to choose coffee locally, to roast and grind the coffee yourself, and to drink pure coffee without flavors added by manufacturers.
By the way, if you decide for a no-pods design, make sure to find a quality coffee grinder. Good models allow you to choose the ground size. But some more expensive espresso machines have an integrated grinder. So make sure you check which option is better for you, a less expensive coffee machine plus a separate grinder, or a more expensive espresso machine with all built-in. You might want to check our list with best espresso coffee grinders.
Size: You will realize from the list below that there may be significant differences in the size of these coffee machines, but this may also imply differences in functionality.
Materials: The most affordable models are typically made with more plastic elements components, they are less durable, so there is a reason for the price. The most important part that should be steel is the boiler. The metal espresso machines develop a higher temperature and pressure and the coffee will be stronger and with a better flavor.
Pump-powered or steam-powered? Pump-powered espresso machines are better in temperature management and more consistent in performance. Those that are steam-powered are usually more affordable. The original Italian espresso machines were steam-powered.
Semi-automatic, automatic, or super-automatic: The first group means you have all control over the grind setting, and how long you pull the shot for. In automatic models, you start the shot but the machine decides when to stop it, but they normally allow for adjustability. The grind setting is under your control. Super-automatic models will do all, grind the coffee, steam the milk, and pull the shot.
Water reservoir or plumbing: This means that you can choose a machine that can be connected directly to the water line and you won’t need to worry about your machine running out of the water. An alternative is an espresso machine with a water reservoir, this is a more portable and more affordable option.
What can you make with an espresso machine
So the list is quite long and it includes at least the following:
- Basic espresso, this is probably the most important one for most users.
- Caffè Americano, you could call this an espresso diluted with extra water.
- Cappuccino, so this is espresso mixed with a small amount of foamed steamed milk that creates the creamy head on the top.
- Latte, here you add espresso to milk, reverse to cappuccino.
- Macchiato, this is an exceptionally strong espresso but low in volume.
- Ristretto, this is somewhat similar to macchiato, so you use the same amount of grounds but with half the water of an ordinary espresso.
- Lungo, this could be understood as espresso diluted with water, similar to Americano but the water is not added separately, it is the part of the brewing process. Therefore it is stronger and darker than an Americano.
Which coffee you can use in espresso machines
The short answer is – any coffee and any roast. But the most typical are Arabica and Robusta, the latter has a stronger flavor and more caffeine. I normally use Arabica which is milder.
Which brand to go for
There are many of them and some of them have been around for longer than a century.
- Bialetti, as you can imagine this is an Italian brand. They started in 1933 with their celebrated patented coffee pot which I use every day. This is a trusted brand with quality products.
- De’Longhi started in 1902, this is a family-owned business and one of the best known for their coffee machines.
- Nespresso, well I guess everybody knows about it. It started as a part of the Nestle Swiss brand.
- Cuisinart has been in this business for half a century already, this is a US-based company with a good reputation.
- Hamilton Beach is again a US company that builds a variety of kitchen stuff including high-quality espresso machines.
- There are many more, you will see some in the list, in particular Keurig, Capresso, Gaggia, etc.
So finally, here is our list with best home espresso coffee machines. All the data given here are updated daily, with accurate prices, discounts, ratings by customers, and the numbers of customers reports. The models in the list will also change in time dependent on what is becoming popular on Amazon, as mentioned above these are true Amazon bestsellers. Have a look:
- EASY TO USE - Single switch knob with indicator light for easy operation with function transform-coffee/steam selector and on/off. Also, accurate temperature control can ensure the best taste
- COMPACT DESIGN - The stainless steel compact design of the espresso coffee machines saves lots of space, smaller and lighter. The removable, washable drip catcher collects coffee drips and keeps brew space tidy, best for home and kitchen use
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY - Coffee espresso machine with frothing arm makes creamy froth to top off your cappuccinos and lattes. Velvety smooth espresso will make mornings so much better
- BREW LIKE A PRO - Powerful 3.5 bar pressure espresso coffee maker can make 1-4 cups (240ml) espresso coffee and rich smooth cream. Easy-pour glass cup is clearly marked to serve the perfect amount every time, delivers a truly rich espresso in just seconds
- WHAT YOU GET: 1 x Steam Espresso Machine, 1 x Filter and Funnel, 1 x Spoon, 1 x Carafe, 1 x Manual. Tips: Screw tightly all the parts for safety using
- Use convenient pods or ground coffee with the patented dual function filter holder. It makes espresso preparation simple and fast
- Easily prepares latte and cappuccino with the swivel jet frother, for perfect drinks every time.Rated voltage/Frequency (V~Hz) 120~60
- Eliminate annoying start up preparation with the self priming operation. On/off switch
- Always brew espresso at the perfect temperature with two separate thermostats, which allow for water and steam pressure to be controlled separately
- Enjoy delicious espresso for years to come with the durable, high quality stainless steel boiler and 15 bar pump pressure. NOTE: Refer user manual before use. MAXIMUM CUP HEIGHT (in): 66
- Brew Like a Pro: Powerful 3.5 bar pressure espresso coffee maker can make 1-4 cups (240ml) espresso coffee and rich smooth cream. Easy-pour glass cup is clearly marked to serve the perfect amount every time, delivers a truly rich espresso in seconds
- Easy to Use: Single switch knob with indicator light for easy operation with function transform-coffee/steam selector and on/off. Also, accurate temperature control can ensure the best taste
- Compact Desigh: The stainless steel compact design of the espresso coffee machines saves lots of space, smaller and lighter. The removable, washable drip catcher collects coffee drips and keeps brew space tidy, best for home and kitchen use
- Your Foam, Your Way: Coffee espresso machine with frothing arm makes creamy froth to top off your cappuccinos and lattes. Velvety smooth espresso will make mornings so much better
- Package Includes: 1 x Steam Espresso Machine, 1 x Filter and Funnel, 1 x Spoon, 1 x Carafe, 1 x Manual. For any product problem or enquiries, feel free to contact our customer service and technical support e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steam Heat feature forces hot steam through the filter for dark, rich espresso brew
- Frothing arm makes creamy froth to top off your cappuccinos and lattes
- Easy pour glass carafe serves up to 4 shots. To avoid espresso maker to be too noisy during operation make sure the water reservoir is full and properly fitted into its position
- Removable, washable drip catcher collects coffee drips and keeps brew space tidy
- Note: Instruction manual must be followed when attaching Filter Holder (pg. 8; To Brew Espresso, step 4.) and using Frothing function (pg. 9; How To Make Cappuccino, step 4.
- USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN: It’s super easy to use the 3.5 bar espresso machine to brew really superior tasting coffee, Can brew 4 cups (240 ml) espresso coffee at a time.
- BUILT-IN STEAM WAND: You can create a rich and creamy foam for lattes and cappuccinos with steam wand, enjoy cappuccino, latte at home!
- REMOVABLE UNITS: The drip tray and nozzle can be removed, makes it easier to clean.
- COMPACT DESIGN: It’s also compact machine that would not take up too much space of your counter.
- NOTICE: Please ensure the handle has been turn to the “lock” position before start brewing coffee, you can see the lock logo on the head of the machine. By the way, we advice you to use the medium ground to brew coffee.
- 【DIFFERENT FLAVORS OF COFFEE】: Semi-Automatic 2-in-1 Espresso Coffee Maker with milk wand, whatever your preference, Choose your strength with Classic Espresso, Cappuccino, or producing steam to heat liquids or beverage. The Steam Wand can be used to make hot beverages like drinking chocolate, water or tea.
- 【ENSURE THE BEST FLAVOES】: 15-bar is the standard pressure to brew rich-tasting espresso, with the high-pressure pump, water pressure instantly through the coffee powder, which is ensure the high quality of espresso every time.
- 【PROFESSIONAL MILK FROTHING WAND】: Frothing milk for cappuccino and latte by hot steam want. The professional frothing wand mixes steam and milk in order to create a rich, dense and creamy froth for every drinks.
- 【DOUBLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL】: Adjust the temperature of water and milk foam respectively, so that the taste of coffee and milk foam can reach the ideal state. Double volume boiler can create more hot water and steam. 1.8L large capacity water tank which can hold enough water for brewing.
- 【PROMISE & SERVICE】: Consumers will get TWO-YEAR Promise of this Espresso Machine. If you have any problem of this machine, Please feel free to contact with us, we will give you the best solution as soon as possible.
- Dose control grinding: integrated conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground Coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of bean
- Precise espresso extraction: digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal Espresso extraction
- Micro foam milk texturing: the steam wand performance allows you to hand texture micro foam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
- Grind size dial: simple and intuitive, giving you control over the grind size no matter what type of bean you're grinding
- Hands free operation: innovative grinding cradle allows any at home Barista to grind directly into the espresso port filter
- EASY BREWING: This personal espresso maker takes the guesswork out of coffee making with an easy-pour glass decanter, frothing steam wand & detachable permanent filter basket. Brew lattes, americanos, cappuccinos & macchiatos with a simple turn of a knob
- NO-MESS ESPRESSO: The steam-pressurized safety cap & removable drip tray prevent accidental leaks, and the permanent filter basket is easily detachable for easy cleaning. An easy-pour decanter with cool touch & and drip-free spout ensure safe serving.
- BE YOUR OWN BARISTA: The BELLA Espresso Maker allows you to channel your inner barista. The steam wand quickly warms and froths milk to so you can turn plain espresso into a fancier latte or cappuccino, enabling you to make café-quality beverages at home
- You need quick & convenient kitchen solutions to simplify your hectic life. We provide you with the right small kitchen appliance & also equip you with essential tools like recipes, tips & product videos. The kitchen should be fun. With Bella it can be.
- COMPARE THE QUALITY: Compare our wide selection of small kitchen appliances to similar products from Bialetti, Imusa, Rok, Nespresso, Delonghi, Hamilton Beach, Breville, Oster, Waring, Krups, Black & Decker, Presto, Aeropress, Braun, or Westinghouse.Wattage Output: 120 watts
- One machine does it all: one side makes authentic 15-bar Espresso, cappuccino and latte, while the other side brews exceptionally delicious Coffee.
- Flavor savor brew System: de’longhi’s Patented Coffee brewing system extracts maximum flavor and aroma for a robust Coffee experience.
- Front-loading system: both water and Coffee reservoirs are conveniently located with frontal access for drip Coffee – no need to move the machine.
- Your foam, your way: The advanced cappuccino system mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them.
- Filtered water for a better brew: the advanced active carbon filter keeps water fresh and free of impurities for better-tasting brewed Coffee.
- 15 bar professional pressure assures quality results every time. Input power 1100 watts. The 3-in-1 filter holder allows you to select from one espresso shot or two at a time.
- Second tier drip tray to accommodate larger cups. Convenient Filter Storage: The machine has convenient storage for your filters
- Removable 37 ounce water tank.Maximun cup height -3.5 - 5 inches.Always use 2% milk at refrigerator temperature
- Self priming operation for minimum start up preparation. Stainless Steel boiler system. Compatible with Water Filters (not included)
- Kindly review the user manual under product details for set up and usage related guidance and instructional video.The machine is equipped with double wall filters for high quality crema every time
Last update on 2020-01-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API