Here you have our list with best folding camping stools, all very easy to use, lightweight, nicely packable, and affordable, suitable for a variety of outdoor activities.
The camp stools in the list are suitable for camping trips, backpacking, hunting, sporting events, and any other outdoor activity. You will realize that all of them are products of the best-known brands in this industry.
What makes them versatile are the features like portability, great packed size, and ease of use. As the title suggests, these are folding stools so you have no assembly, just unfold it in second and it is ready to use.
These are stools, so comfort is a bit limited. There is no backrest or armrest in such a design, but you are well off the ground when you sit on such a stool, and they fit nicely with most of the camping tables. Note that some models come with padding on the seat so this adds lots of comfort for sure. But if you want more comfort, check also our separate list with folding camping chairs.
Regarding the frame materials, you have metal frames and this is usually steel or aluminum. If you expect to use the stool on a soft terrain, it is best to avoid tripods with narrow feet, focus on those that will not sink easily. The fabric is typically a 600D polyester or 600D ripstop polyester, poly-cotton, or nylon.
Here is a video about one of the great items in the list please have a look:
Some of the most important features to consider are as follows:
This is closely related to the weight and packed size. You will see that the lightest stools here are just over 1 lb (450 g) of weight, but the weight and packed size depend on the construction. There are big differences regarding these features between tripod-type and stools with four legs or with bars instead of legs.
The differences are substantial and you have stools with the capacity in the range 175 – 275 lb (80 – 125 kg). So if you are a heavy person you will want to check this carefully and choose the stool that can handle your weight.
Check the seat height if you are a tall person and also if you are short. If it is too low or too high, it may not be comfortable for you.
So here is our list with best folding camping stools given in alphabetical order so this is not ranking. Please have a look, and follow the links for more details:
- Powder-coated steel frame and 600D Polyester fabric provides strength and stability for a long-lasting use
- Conveniently folds into a compact design, perfect when space is limited but comfort is a must
- Carry strap attached to the Tri-Leg in case you don’t want to bring along the included shoulder bag
- The Tri-Leg Stool is great when you need something light and portable but don’t want to give up comfort
- Dimensions: 14" W x 14" L x 16" H; Weight: 2 lbs.; Weight Capacity: 250 lbs.
- Powder-coated steel frame and 600D polyester fabric provides strength and stability for long lasting use
- Conveniently folds into a compact design, perfect when space is limited but comfort is a must
- Carry strap attached to the tri-leg in case you don’t want to bring along the included shoulder bag
- Mesh storage pocket and bottom webbing strap adds extra storage and strength
- Dimensions: 14" x 14" x 16", Weight: 2 lbs., Weight Capacity: 250 lbs., Color: Realtree Edge
- THE CHAMPION OF ULTRALIGHT - For backpackers and campers who roll fast and light, the Skyline UL Stool weighs in at just over 1 lb, packs down to the size of a water bottle, and uses a patented frame for an unbeatable strength-to-weight ratio; It’s the best of all worlds
- SAY NO TO PLASTIC HUBS - While other chairs rely on flimsy poles and plastic hubs that wobble under your weight, Big Agnes’ patented hub-less frame is made entirely of heavy-duty aircraft aluminum; It packs smaller, weighs less, and provides a much sturdier seat that will support your weight for years of use
- REVOLUTION IN COMFORT - The Skyline UL’s stronger frame allows for a deeper, wider seat than any other ultralight camping chair or stool available; Fully shock corded, color-coded architecture makes setup easier than ever; No tools are required, and all pieces pull together in a flash
- BACKCOUNTRY TOUGH - Made with ultralight nylon ripstop for extra durability, paired with high-tenacity robic yarn that adds 25% - 30% more strength; Waterproof UTS coating withstands mountain weather; The Skyline UL Stool has a trail weight of 1lb 1oz, packed weight of 1lb 3oz, and packed size of 3.5" x 12"
- WARRANTY INCLUDED - All Big Agnes products are 100% guaranteed against manufacturing or material defect; If one of our products does not perform to your satisfaction, Big Agnes will help you find gear that fits your needs
- Anti-slip seat to keep you in position during your hunt
- Our Browning SteadyReady Stool is extra wide and angled perfectly for maximum comfort
- Powder-coated steel frame wrapped with Realtree MAX-5 camo fabric
- Includes built-in insulated cooler beneath seat to keep your beverages and lunch cool throughout your day
- Dimensions: 20" wide x 10.5" deep x 25" high, Weight: 7 lbs., Weight Capacity: 275 lbs.
- Versatile design: Use it as seat or footrest
- Rust resistant, steel frame and tough polyester fabric support up to 175 pounds
- Space saving design folds easily inside the convenient carry case
- 1 year limited warranty
- Foldable Stool: Lightweight but durable, this portable stool provides a quick and easy way to take a load off just about anywhere; Super-compact camp stool is perfect for outdoor events, hiking, fishing, and traveling
- Quality Construction: Constructed from sturdy powder-coated steel, this collapsible stool supports up to 250 pounds and includes a patented anti-splay reinforcement panel for added leg strength
- Easy Storage: Folding camp stool carry pouch includes a drawstring closure with protective flap and buckle for security; Included carabiner conveniently attaches to backpacks, belt loops and more
- Simple Setup: Light enough to be comfortably transported while hung from a belt loop, our backpacking stool features legs with a shock-cord construction for quick and easy set-up
- Compact: Folding camping stool measures 14 x 14 x 20.5 when open with a seat height of 20.5 and folds to 3.9 x 4.3 x 15.7 inches; 1.3 pounds; Limited lifetime warranty
- CAMP FOOT STOOL – The Guide Gear Camping foot rest is great for relaxing in comfort and elevating your legs. Goes well with the Guide Gear Club Chair (sold separately) or any camp chair.
- PORTABLE – Folds up and down like a portable camping chair for easy transportation during outdoor activities. Easily fits in your camping bag or vehicle for convenient storage.
- STEEL FRAME – The camping stool features a durable powder-coated steel frame designed for outdoor use. Supports an 80-lb. weight capacity for use as a small stool foot rest.
- WATER RESISTANT – The foldable stool features comfortable padding, strong tear resistant 600-denier polyester and a water resistant PVC coating.
- STORAGE BAG – Weighs 3.84 lbs. Folds up like a camping outdoor chair and comes with a handy storage bag and carry strap for portability.
- ✔ STURDY & PORTABLE: High strength steel legs makes it firmly; Folds to the size of a rolled-up newspaper and light-weighted, designed with carrying strap
- ✔ SIZE: Set Up Size: 15.3(W)x19(H) inches; Fold Up Size: 27.5(L)x4(W)x3.5(H)inches; Weight: 2.1 lbs
- ✔ MULTIPLE USES: Use this slacker chair as a seat anywhere you need, it is lightweight, sturdy and great for a quick rest after a long hiking waiting in a long queue
- ✔ WEIGHT CAPACITY: Supports up to 225 pounds; high capacity for a comfortable sitting experience
- ✔ EASY FOLDING: easily sets up and securely fold up with strap in seconds
- EASY SET UP: Simply pop open this foldable stool then place the four feet on level ground and you'll be ready to rest comfortably whenever you need on your next backpacking excursion!
- COMFORTABLE AND STRONG: The durable, cross-woven Dacron seat makes these stools feel truly invincible no matter where you take them.
- TAKE IT ANYWHERE: There is no limit to these collapsible seats - take them with you on your next camping, hunting, or fishing trip, or bring a new level of comfort to your next tailgate!
- STABLE AND STURDY: The powder-coated steel adds corrosion resistance for greater longevity, while the four-legged construction means you won't find yourself sitting on the ground!
- CONVENIENT CARRY BAG INCLUDED: What good would a compact folding chair be if it were difficult to transport? The included carry bag makes this a cinch to bring along on every hike
- ADVENTURE: Discovering the outdoors is full of fun and adventure, but sometimes you just want to take a seat. Our Slacker stool is perfect for those hiking, backpacking, camping, fishing, or hunting breaks. Enjoy nature's scenery while relaxing.
- COMFORTABLE: Take a load off and relax with our folding stool. This tripod seat has been designed to be practical, durable, and comfortable. With both nail head and Ripstop polyester fabric and space to relax, this is one comfy chair.
- TRAVEL CHAIR: Life is constantly on the move, and our portable seat can move with you. This lightweight stool weighs only 1.9 lbs. and measures 2.75” x 2.75” x 24" when closed. The carry strap and hook-and-loop closure make this chair a breeze to move.
- DURABLE & STABLE: This compact folding chair is small and strong. It can easily hold up to 275 lbs. due to its construction. The grommets, feet, rivets, Ripstop fabric, and steel frame of this portable stool are all sturdy and durable.
- BUILT FOR GOOD: TravelChair is a family-owned US brand. We began in 1984 and have continued to grow in the travel chair market over the years. We believe in delivering products that are easy to use and durable. Each chair is built for good.
Last update on 2023-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Editor’s Choice Stool
Thank you for reading. You might want also to check our list of best outdoor chairs with shade. We add texts here regularly so bookmark this site and stay informed. Have a nice day.
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.