If you need something to maintain your lawn, check this list with best cordless self-propelled lawn mowers, Amazon bestsellers that are easy to use and to maintain, reliable, and with high ratings by customers.
These lawn mowers combine several user-friendly features and I would say the most important of them you see in the title above, they are self-propelled and they are cordless. Such battery operated mowers have been around for decades already and this industry is growing and improving all the time mainly because of the improved rechargeable lithium-ion batteries technology.
Why choosing a cordless lawn mower
These are eco-friendly machines, they emit no pollutants, they are cordless, no gas is required, and they are quiet. Regarding maintenance, they are very user-friendly, this is all about taking care of the battery. After the initial investment, you are safe from anything related to gas prices rising. You do not have to change oil, to bring home and store gasoline, there is no annoying extension cord to drag around.
These machines are easy to use, they are typically far lighter than the gas-powered lawn mowers. Having no gas tank, they are also more compact than those operating on gas.
These lawn mowers have removable batteries so you can use a set of them; when one is empty you put the fully charged in and continue the work.
But there are downsides as well. So for example, these battery-operated cordless lawn mowers usually have less power and less consistent output than gas mowers. Recharging the battery takes time, this is why having two sets of batteries is so convenient. So if you have a larger garden, you might want to go for a gas powered machine. Normally, cordless models cost more than corded mowers.
If you are too busy to work in your garden, check some of the robotic lawn mowers, they will do the job automatically for you. On the other hand, if you have a large area to maintain, then check some of these riding lawn mowers.
How to choose – what to look for
Power: This is about batteries’ voltage and you will see a variety of numbers, 40, 46, 56, 60, 80, and 82 Volts. The higher the better, this is because of a cleaner cut with a more powerful machine.
Runtime: This is closely related to the mentioned power, but there is no linear relationship between these two features. So better check the Ah (amp-hour) value, that is the amount of charge a battery can deliver in one hour. A good lawn mower will give you 60 minutes run time.
The number of charges for the battery: This is about the battery life, and many of them will be able to recharge hundreds of times, so this means years of use.
Warranty conditions: There are big differences from model to model, and you will see different warranty conditions for the battery and for the tool. The best what we have seen are with the 5-year warranty.
Storage features: You will notice that some of the models in the list can be stored folded and also vertically. So they will not take much space in your garage or in your garden shed. With such a design, they save more than 50% of the regular storage space.
Other good features to have:
- Better mowers will have a wide cutting width, up to 20″ or so.
- As you know, these machines have height adjustment. So it is annoying to do this separately for each wheel. Better models will have 1-lever height adjustment.
- The best batteries can charge under one hour.
- You might want to have an LED for 24-hour mowing.
- Having 3-in-1 functionality, i.e., grass catchers, mulching plugs that are built-in, and a container.
- A weather-resistant construction is a bonus.
So here is our list with best cordless self-propelled lawn mowers, Amazon bestselling items with daily updated prices and with fresh information about the ratings by customers and about the number of reports. Note also that many of them are Amazon Prime items, so use this benefit and save on shipping. Have a look:
- Self- Propelled Drive System
- Durable 21'' Steel Deck
- Added battery storage compartment allows you to carry an extra battery to extend runtime
- 3-in-1 cutting deck with Side Discharge, Mulching, and Bagging capabilities
- Single lever height adjustment with 7 settings ranging from 1-3/8'' to 3-3/4''
- G-max 40 Volts Li-Ion battery system powers multiple tools for complete yard work system--includes one 4 Ampere hour battery and one 2 Ampere hour battery and charger , Voltage - 40 Volts
- 20-inch cutting deck offers a great balance of maneuverability and cutting capacity making it ideal for mid-sized areas. Front Wheels: 7 Inch, Rear Wheels :10 Inch
- Innovative smart cut technology adjusts for power or runtime based on the thickness of your grass
- Dual blades offer better cut quality, superior mulching and bagging capabilities; 5 position single lever height adjuster allows for a cutting height range of 1-3/4 inches to 3-3/8 inches
- Kindly review the user manual under technical specification for troubleshooting steps and set up instructions
- Variable speed self propel for easier operation
- Brushless motors are more reliable and delivers gas equivalent performance to a 160cc gas engine
- Smart Cut(TM) Load sensing technology
- 3-in-1 Mulch, rear bag, and side discharge
- 80V 2AH li-ion battery and rapid charger Not Included, compatible battery and charger models GBA80200, GBA80400 and GCH8040
- G-MAX 40V 4Ah Li-Ion Battery (Model 29472) powers multiple tools for complete yard work system--includes 1-4Ah Battery and Charger
- Single lever 5-position height adjustment offers cutting height range from 1-1/4 inch to 3-3/8-inch for the best cut in all environments
- 2-in-1 feature offers rear bagging and mulching capability for multiple use. Cuts 400m2 on a single charge. Nice even cut for all grass types
- 16-Inch cutting deck allows you to maneuver through small to medium size yard more efficiently
- 6-inch front wheel and 7-inch rear wheel for easy maneuvering throughout your yard
- Greenworks 40V brushless mower provides up to 45 minutes run-time with fully charged 5Ah battery. Run-time varies based on grass condition and operator technique
- Durable 21" steel deck allows you to handle large areas of grass quickly and easily. Brushless motor provides more torque, quiet operation, and longer life
- Self-propelled rear wheel drive can be easily adjusted to your stride
- Dual battery port design enables one battery to be stored while the other fuels the mower, saving you a trip to the garage. 7 position single lever height adjustment for quick and easy adjustments
- 3-In-1 design allows you to mulch, rear bag, or side discharge your grass clippings. Use up to 70% less space in your garage with the vertical storage feature
- No pull cords, gas, oil, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords
- Powerful brushless motor increases battery efficiency, maximizes motor performance, decreases noise and vibration and extends motor life
- Compact design ideal for small to mid-sized lawns. Cutting options - Bag and discharge chute
- 6-position height adjustment lever tailors grass cutting height from 1.18 to 3.15 Inch
- ETL approved; Energy Star certified.Deck Material:ABS Plastic
- Self propelled transmission with variable speed
- Up to 45 minutes run time with the Briggs & Stratton 82V Lithium ion 2.0Ah Battery kit comes with (2) 2Ah Lithium ion batteries and rapid charger
- 21 inches Steel mowing deck with 3 in 1 Design mulch, Bag or side discharge grass clippings easily
- Smart, efficient load sensing technology Power adjusts to meet the demands of the cutting blades
- Push button start and a Single lever, 7 position height of cut adjustment; Rear Wheel Size:10 inch
- Up to 60 minutes of run time with 5.0 battery under light loads**
- 3 in 1 mulch/bag/side discharge options on 20 inch steel deck
- Intelligent load sensing technology : Allows for optimum power levels while you mow for maximum efficiency
- Single lever, 7 height of cut adjustment : For ideal lawn height
- Vertical storage capabilities
- Includes (1) Max Capacity 4 AH - 40V Lithium Battery , Cutting Heights - 5 Position
- Durable 20'' Steel Deck lets you Mulch, Bag, or Side Discharge allowing you to maintain your yard the way you want it. This Lawn Mower is not self-propelled
- Innovative Smart Cut technology automatically increases the speed of the blade when more power is needed
- Our dual battery port design enables one battery to be stored while the other fuels the mower for uninterrupted cutting; saving a you a trip to the garage
- Up to 55% of U.S. homes only need one charge to get the job done
Last update on 2020-01-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API