If you want to camp in style and to have maximum comfort then you will want to check this list with best cabin tents with awning, luxurious camping constructions for families and groups.
About the terminology: If the term cabin tent is not clear to you, this is the type with straight and steep walls, and usually with many windows. On the other hand, the term awning may imply a variety of constructions, so it can be a simple extension supported with a pair of extra poles, or it can be a larger addition like a porch with the roof as a part of the tent’s roof. You will see both types in the list below.
In any case, an awning represents a great extension outside of the tent’s floor area, this is a space where you can sit in the shade or use it for cooking. If this is the mentioned simple panel supported by two poles, in some tents you can roll it up and fix above the door. This is convenient if the weather changes and you suddenly have lots of winds.
There are examples where this is not possible, so the awning must remain up all the time. My best advice is to use such tents only in areas where there is no chance for strong winds.
In order to choose a cabin tent with awning, you might want also to consider some other features that may be essential. These include:
- The declared capacity.
- The actual size of the inner tent’s area.
- The number of doors & windows.
- The number of rooms.
- Tent’s fabric.
You should also be familiar with weather conditions in the area where you plan to camp, to avoid unpleasant surprises.
Regarding the official capacity, note that some manufacturers use the backpacking principle to determine the capacity. This means the number of sleeping pads that can be placed on the floor. So for true family camping this makes no sense.
But some manufacturers are more realistic in this sense and go for comfort rather than for the number of pads. You will see some large tents here but with a low declared capacity. In any case, it is best to check the actual dimensions of the tent and its inner organization and then decide on what you really need.
If this is about families with kids, or about groups of couples, it may be convenient to have some separate rooms. You cannot expect lots of privacy in a tent, but it is best to have at least some dividers. The same holds for the number of doors. Having windows adds to livability and cabin tents are usually the best option with respect to this.
Regarding the tent’s fabric, you will notice that many of the tents here are canvas camping tents. This is because such a type is frequently built in the cabin style. These tents are usually expensive, but they perform great in every weather conditions, and you can definitely use them in all seasons. They are breathable and this means a lot.
So here is our list of the cabin tents with awning ordered by the declared capacity from smaller to larger. Have a look and please follow the links to see more:
- Fabric: Extremely durable military-grade 550 gsm canvas, ripstop, waterproof, CPAI 84 fire retardant (meets all international and USA standards), rot resistant and UV resistant. Built to last with no color fading for 15 years.
- High quality features: Built in PVC flooring with flood walls keeps water out. Features a double roof for extra ventilation and electricity supply socket pockets. Heavy duty 10YKK zippers. Easy set up in under 30 minutes with no tools required. Includes storm straps, ground stakes and waterproof carry bag.
- Construction: Taped seams to ensure waterproof integrity. Powder coated 1.2 MM steel poles, zinc coated D rings and brass eyelets. Wind tunnel tested to withstand winds of 50 MPH. Two large windows with mosquito gauze maximizes airflow. Inner and outer flaps help provide extra warmth or cooling as needed.
- Spacious size: Complete combo system, includes both the Zulu 1200 gazebo and Delta Zulu 3000 chalet tent. 4 person capacity, tall enough for a 6 foot person to stand comfortably.
- Specs: Open size 9 feet x 6 feet x 7 feet high. Packed size 32 inches x 15 inches x 13 inches. 113 lbs. Imported.
- 30-second setup
- 100% waterproof
- High-quality construction
- Patented design
- Flexible 5-Person airy tent design featuring 2 layers. The outer flysheet has a 4000mm water column for weather protection, but can be removed on warm and sunny days
- Several large entrances to the large living area all feature mosquito mesh to let in plenty of air and light, yet keep you protected from creepy crawlies.
- The entrances and window can be zipped shut. Truly remarkable is the central front entrance that converts into a sun shade for even more space on sunny days.
- Taller persons also don't need to fear: with an enormous peak height of up to 220 cm stooping is a thing of the past!
- Removable divider wall in the sleeping pod for a little more privacy when sharing
- ✔Spacious Room and Easy to Install: KAZOO large cabin instant tent uses the cabin-shaped design to provide an incomparable volume; it can fit 6 adults and 2 kids very well. It is one of the most spacious instant cabin tents of its kind. As a most convenience 6 person tent, the automatic function makes it a real large instant tent. Setup was fast and easy. One person can put it up within 30 seconds, just like opening an umbrella.
- ✔ Waterproof and Sturdy： KAZOO 6 person camping tent has double layers. The liner is made of no-see-um netting B3 mesh and 190T breathable Polyester. The rainfly is made of 210T Ripstop Polyester, and we use all the best materials to offer you a high performance instant waterproof tent. This 6 person tent has passed waterproof test with a rating above 3000mm. To provide an excellent large cabin tent, we use ultra-lightweight premium 19mm aluminum poles to build a strong but light frame.
- ✔ Large Tent Porch and Optimized Ventilation: KAZOO large camping tent has full mesh walls and ceiling to provide excellent ventilation. KAZOO 6 person cabin tent is a cozy place to stay in. 2 large and dual-zipper doors with seams allow for easy entry and smooth closure. The zipped door can be supported to make a sunshade; kids can take naps inside the tent and adults will enjoy their time outside. As a very convenient 6/8 person instant tent, it works well on most occasions.
- ✔KAZOO PAY ATTENTION TO EVERY DETAILS：KAZOO focuses on every detail to make the best tents for various purposes such as camping, hiking, fishing, surfing, outdoor BBQ, adventure, family parties and field trips. The high-quality details include but not limited to smooth and reliable SBS dual zippers, mesh interior pockets, incredibly durable rip-stop fabric materials, full-coverage rainfly and firm lightweight structure, to stand up to your biggest adventures.
- ✔2-YEAR WARRANTY：KAZOO tents are 100% inspected before delivery. We have 2 major series: Camping tent and Backpack tent. The Camping tent designed with a high volume hub to maximize strength and increase living space by using best materials and techniques. The backpacking tent focuses on the ultimate performance such as lightweight, eco-friendly, super sturdy, and ultra weather proof. We offer a 2-YEAR WARRANTY.
- Made with Hydra-Shield, 100% cotton duck canvas that is durable, watertight and breathable
- Spacious 6'6" ceiling height provides walk-around comfort
- Two large D-shaped doors (front and back) with #10 YKK zippers
- Four large windows with no-see-um mesh
- Flex-Bow Frame: Exceptionally sturdy. Keeps tent taut. Quick and easy, one-person, setup
- Spacious 7.5 ft peak ceiling height and steep walls for stand-up walk around comfort
- Large D-shaped front door and side entry
- Hydra-Shield 100% cotton duck canvas
- Sturdy frame reinforced with welded corner braces
- 5 Large windows with no-see-um mesh
- QUICKER, EASIER SET UP: 6-8 person tent is the largest in this category and sets up quicker and easier; Just push down on the top bar, put the pins in, and attach the upright poles; Carbon steel stakes drive through the roughest camping terrain
- WATERPROOFED AND BREATHABLE: Treated cotton canvas repels water but are still breathable to give you the best blend of all-season protection and airflow; Enjoy a dry, comfortable family experience
- EXTRA WIDE DOORS: First of its kind oversized doors to make loading and unloading hassle free; Mesh screens provides plenty of ventilation and views; Top-quality zippers with extra-large pulls make opening your tent easy, even if you’re wearing gloves
- HOME AWAY FROM HOME: Large awning protects the entry of the tent from the elements; Run power into your tent with easy access ports; 4 pockets for storing your family’s personal items; 2 more overhead with load stabilizing drawstrings
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE: Reach out to our AMAZING customer service team if you have any questions or concerns; YOU CAN COUNT ON US to get you taken care of and back OUTDOORS with TETON Sports
- 16' x 16' instant cabin tent
- Sleeps 12
- Fits 3 queen airbeds
- Sets up in under 2 minutes
- 7 fully closeable windows
Last update on 2021-04-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Editor’s Choice Tent: Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow 6-Person Canvas Tent
This is a canvas tent, waterproof, breathable, and very reliable. It is also easy to set up and one person can do it in just a few minutes. So this is a natural choice for me. But it is expensive, heavy, and bulky, see how I rate it:
Thank you for reading. Check also our texts with best outdoor screen houses and best-rated canvas tents. You might need some poles for awnings created by these tents, so check our list with telescopic tent tarp poles. Please let me know if you have any question or comment, there is a comment box below.
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.