Here you can read about backyard outdoor wood burning pizza ovens and see my own oven which we occasionally use for evening family events in the garden.
In one of my earlier text I was describing my electric chain saw used to cut some tree in the garden, so we had a lot of wood stored behind the house. This is why we decided to order one backyard wood-fired pizza oven and this is what you see in the top picture above.
If you are in search of something similar, then bear in mind that manufacturers sometimes use the same phrase wood-burning or wood-fired even for pizza ovens that are designed for pellets. So make sure that you do not make a mistake, the ovens that work with pellets always have a much smaller firebox. You can see some in my separate text.
The picture below shows how this looks with a real wood-burning pizza oven, and you realize you have two chambers of nearly the same size. This was the first fire we had in this oven, but the first pizza was not a success. It was completely burnt on the bottom, so no doubt that the temperature was too high. According to the specifications provided by the manufacturer, it is supposed to be around 275 degrees Celsius.
Though, I think the real issue is with the pizza stone that you can see in the picture below. It came with the oven. Namely, it looks thin. So I was thinking of buying one more and use both, so to have a thicker layer between pizza and the fire, they are available on Amazon. But before doing this, I shall try with several bricks, I shall put them inside and then place the existing pizza stone on top of them.
The oven arrived in pieces, so there is some work to do when you assemble it for the first time. There are many elements, legs, two wheels, racks, the main body, the doors, a handle that needs to be attached, and also a chimney with a damper and a cap. The picture below shows how it looked when it was assembled. We were delighted.
The dark metal appears to be powder-coated steel and the doors are probably steel or some aluminum alloy, not sure really. We keep it in the garden house assembled as it is, there are those two plastic wheels on one side and a handle on the opposite side so it is easy to move it around. To realize how much space it takes, the dimensions are (H x W x D) 160 x 50 x 36 cm, and this is from the ground to the top of the chimney.
Below you can see what you can find on Amazon. As you realize some of these outdoor wood burning pizza ovens look almost identical to my own oven which I bought in a local store, and its price was 129 Euro. I suspect that they all come from the same factory somewhere in Asia.
- Wood fired backyard oven
- Stainless Steel dome, solid weld construction
- Cooks perfect pizza
- Temperature gauge included to help cook your pizza
- 61. 25" H x 23. 5" W x 16. 5" L
- 100% Factory Sealed, High Quality All 430 Stainless Steel Construction, Polished Steel Exterior with Upgraded Red Enamel Protective Coating - Not only looks nice but helps protect the oven from outside elements.
- Includes: Pizza Stone Surface, Wire brush / broom to keep the inside clean, large pizza peel (large spatula), pizza cutter, and waterproof canvas cover. Ships LTL Freight with curbside delivery.
- Rapid heating time: Oven heats in just 5 quick minutes, Temp Gauge Range: 100 - 800 Degrees F., Big cooking space: It can make 2~3 pizzas at one time, 4 Castors: Two are locking.
- Overall Size: 32.5" Wide x 31" Deep x 79" Tall. Door Opening Measurements: 20.75" Wide x 15" Tall (Max pizza size 20.75" Diameter). Overall Inside Size: 25" Wide x 30" Deep x 15" Tall. Height from floor to cooking stones: 33.25".
- Weight: 220lbs (Ships crated, shipping weight ~300lbs), Some Assembly Required, Certification: CSA,ISO9000 , ISO14000, ISO18000, Over 90 Patents! High quality manufacturer is a prominent Costco Wholesale USA supplier! 1 Year Seller Warranty (Parts ONLY).
- Wood-fired pizza oven uses 34 in. x 29 in. heat-refracting ceramic cooking floor
- Quickly heats to over 600°F using wood or charcoal fuel
- fuel rests on fire tray for better heat control
- Stainless steel body is mounted on sturdy, wheeled cart for easy mobility
- 164 sq. in. opening accommodates up to 19 in. pizzas
- A Convenient Way to Cook Personal Size Pizza: The pizza stone makes it easy to place and remove the pizza when done. The ergonomic design allows you to control heat and cook the perfect taste of traditional pizza.
- Make Authentic Pizza at Home: The Petra Mini Pizza Oven allows you to create authentic, restaurant-quality pizza at the comfort of your own backyard. Perfect for home cooks or even just food enthusiasts!
- More Than Just a Pizza Oven: If you are not cooking for mouthwatering woodfired-pizzas, you can prepare delicious grill recipes like fish, vegetables, sausage, or barbeque. You can even bake traditional tasty breads or grilled-meats. During the cold season, you can enjoy the breeze with your family and friends by using the Petra Terracotta Outdoor Oven as a wood-fired space heater.
- Stunning Oven for a More Stunning Lawn/Garden: the dark stone face is an exciting and inviting to cook pizza in an old- fashioned way. The simple and distress design are best to enhance your patio or backyard. Indeed, it can impress your friends and visitors to experience the fun and enjoying the original wood-fired pizza and grill party.
- Dimensions Perfect for the Patio Garden: the robust metal stand supports the durable body size of the oven (16.5 x 16.5 x 29.5 in). The oven houses the 9-inch pizza stone.
- Time to market: October 2018, Model: KU-002B
- Colour: Black, Material：Steel, Style: America courtyard
- Energy: Charcoal, Firewood
- Size: 62.4"H x 19.6"W x 12.2"L
- Weight: 30.300kg (Packing Weight)
- Color: Black
- Material: Powder-coated steel
- Overall dimensions: 25.6" x 23.6" x 61.8" (W x D x H)
- Cooking area size: 19.7" x 14.4" (L x W)
- With built-in thermometer
Last update on 2021-07-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
So thank you for reading and let me know if you have any questions or comments, there is a comment box below.
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.