The season of camping is coming and if you need something for outdoor sleeping, check this list with best 2 season sleeping bags suitable for warm weather in general.
For warm-weather camping it is important that you have options for venting, but the bag should still be able to close and to prevent cold drafts during chili nights in the mountains or similar places. In a warm environment, I unzip the bag completely and use it as a quilt. This is why I have included some models here that can be open, and also several of the items are without zippers.
If this is about places with motorized access or you do not plan to carry the bag in general, you might want to have space to sprawl. You do not need designs that are thermally efficient and narrow, a hood is not necessary, etc. This is why I have included some really great and wide sleeping bags that can be used with your partner or solo.
As for the activity, you will see some ultralight and ultra-packable sleeping bags that are suitable for hikers and backpackers. Normally these items are very expensive and you will see some here. But most of the bags in the list are designed with comfort in mind, and they are more suitable for places where you will not have to carry them in the pack.
Yet, there are some versatile models that are good for both worlds, lightweight but wide and comfortable. If you need a bag for really cold weather, check our list of bags for extreme conditions.
This is why the differences in price can be huge, but this is normal to expect in this industry. Note that they are all very different and this is why the list is given in alphabetical order, so this is not ranking. But you will see some top brands in this industry represented here. So here is our list with best 2 season sleeping bags, please have a look:
- Outer shell made of highly durable and extremely soft 380T 20D Nylon fabric, giving you long-lasting comfort
- Stay warm with added chest, foot and zipper baffles insulated with our 2.5 denier TechLoft Micro Insulation
- Open ends feature versatile drawstrings for easy comfort adjustment
- Elastic loops placed along the zippered edges to use with a hammock
- Dimensions: 82" x 35", Weight: 2 lbs. 12 oz., Fill Weight: 28 oz; Compression stuff sack included
- Outer shell made of highly durable and extremely soft 380T 20D nylon fabric, giving you long-lasting comfort
- Zipperless hybrid design features a hydrophobic-down filled top that folds open offering freedom, or can be tucked in and secured for extra warmth
- Keeping you plenty warm, this +40 degree bag is filled with our 2.5 denier TechLoft Micro insulation
- Hood can be adjusted using the draw-cord allowing you to trap extra heat inside bag
- Dimensions: 82" x 32", Weight: 2 lbs. 2 oz., Top Fill Weight: 6 oz., Bottom Fill Weight: 18 oz.; Compression stuff sack included
- CRAZYLIGHT MINIMALIST SLEEPING BAG - The 40 F V Notch UL traditional mummy bag blends the lightest, most compressible materials with key warmth and comfort features to create the ultimate, minimalist, warm weather bag; Use it as a liner to add warmth to another bag… so compact and light you’ll hardly know it’s in your pack
- STREAMLINED TRADITIONAL MUMMY - 59” of shoulder room tapered to a cozy 36” ergonomic foot-box maximizes the bags thermal efficiency; The two-way, full length, locking zippers provide easy ‘in and out’ as well as setting fully open, closed, or in between so you control your comfort
- DESIGNED TO PUSH THE LIMITS - With a full, drawcord controlled hood, you can cinch the hood snug around your head or lay it out flat for ultimate temperature control; That same drawcord and low-profile cord lock can be used to cinch or open the collar for even more thermo control; The full-length zipper baffle prevents side drafts
- TECHNICAL, SUPERLIGHT, PACKABLE - Insulated with 80% recycled PrimaLoft Hi-Loft Ultra Silver; Ultralight rip-stop shell with water and stain resistant treatment combined with a soft and quiet Nylon rip-stop lining creates the perfect balance of durable, ultralight, and comfortable packability; Weighs just 1 lb 8 oz and packs down to 5 x 6 inches
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - Fits campers up to 6’; Works with any pad size and style (sold separately); Temperature rating on these bags, like on all bags, is based on use with a 0 rated pad; Comes with mesh storage sack and nylon rip-stop stuff sack
- ♥WARM & COMFORTABLE MATERIAL–Crafted with premium 210T polyester+flannel liner+300g cotton filling. So this sleeping bag is quite soft, warm, comfortable and durable, keeping you relax after a long tired day of hiking and climbing.
- ♥SUPER HUGE SIZE–Economically and practically efficient; With an impressive size of 85" X 57", this sleeping bag can hold two adults (maximum body type: 5.9ft, 180lbs). Also, it comes with two small pillows that will let your camping life more comfortable and have a good night. Perfect for hiking, camping, traveling, etc.
- ♥EASY TO CLEAN AND CARRY – A free compression bag with straps is included in the package that lightweight and convenient to store and carry, the compression size can be 11*13.78". Moreover, our sleeping bags are extremely easy to clean as they are safer for machine wash too.
- ♥DESIGNED FOR EXTREME WEATHERS – Stay warm and cozy even when it's 42°F. Our sleeping bags also have a waterproof, weather-resistant design to keep you warm even in extreme conditions and prevent you from any dampness - this is achieved through double-filled technology and S-shaped quilted design.
- ♥DETACHABLE TO TWO INDIVIDUAL SLEEPING BAGS – Our sleeping bag can be separated into two individual sleeping bags if you need. Because both sides of the sleeping bag have the double-sided zipper. So it can be divided into two parts with a zipper on one side.
- Youth sleeping bag for camping in mild temperatures as low as 45°F
- Can accommodate children up to 5 feet 5 inches tall
- ThermoTech insulation and ComfortCuff help keep kids cozy
- Interior pocket for flashlight or other small items
- ZipPlow system plows away fabric to prevent snagging during zipping
- Car Camping Champion: new for 2020, the Kelty Kush 30 degree synthetic sleeping bag is your new go-to for camping in comfort, while meeting your high aesthetic standards.
- 3-in-1 Versatility: the Kush is equal parts car camping sleeping bag, campsite or cabin comforter, and ready for a snooze at a moment’s notice pillow. The unique pillow case style stuff sack makes this bag useful even when it’s all packed up.
- Quilted Stitch Pattern: Cozy Cloudloft insulation is kept in place and lofted like your favorite bedroom pillow thanks to the unique stitch pattern, which eliminates cold spots and maximizes campsite comfort.
- Room to Wiggle: Rectangular shape, natural fit footbox, and wide top opening provide ample room for your night moves. A hefty 43oz (regular size) to 46oz (long size) of insulation will keep you draped in comfort from head to toe.
- Kelty Craftsmanship: Kelty is synonymous with quality in the outdoor community. Kelty gear is built for play, and built to last. The Kush is ready to be put through the ringer on the trail, campground, and everywhere in between.
- TRUE SPECS: we use independent 3rd party testing labs to validate the -23.3℃ to 0℃ temperature range conforms to the European Standard (EN13537). Each temperature rating corresponds to a specific color lining: 10F Red / 30F Yellow
- INNOVATIVE WARMTH: Using a Mulit-Down Insulation combines the benefits of 650-Fill-Power-Duck Down strategically layered with our proprietary StratusLoft fill
- SHAPE MATTERS: our 3D Box Construction allows you and your love ones to move throughout the night while ensuring the Insulation can keep you warm. The hooded mummy design keeps your head warm by trapping heat trying to escape from your head
- ULTRA DURABLE & WEATHER RESISTANT: 75-denier Diamond Ripstop (DWR) Shell keeps you dry
- SLEEP COMFORTABLY: Pillow Pocket allows you to stuff clothes or keeps the camp pillow (sold separately) in place while the Sleeping Pad Sleeve is designed to keep you from rolling off your pad(s)
- ►WARM - Stay toasty warm due to the large baffled construction and 22 oz. of high loft 700-fill power down which provides an excellent temperature rating down to 15F (-10C).
- ►LIGHTWEIGHT - No need to compromise on size and weight. The quilt comes in at only 2 lb. 3 oz. and the included compression sack cinches down to just 10 x 7 inches. Use the included sleeping pad strap to secure your quilt to an insulated sleeping pad for a lightweight and compact sleeping system.
- ►DURABLE - The light, but durable, 20D ripstop nylon fabrics will ensure that the quilt performs for countless adventures.
- ►VERSATILE - Our quilts offer incredible versatility that is unmatched by traditional sleeping bags. Open up the quilt for warm weather or close it up completely on those chilly nights. Since they're so easy to adjust, they're also perfect for hammocks.
- ►LIFETIME WARRANTY - We're a US-based company that offers a lifetime warranty on all of our gear. If you have any problems with your quilt, let us know and we'll do our best to help!
- Patent Pending zipperless design provides more comfort
- Oversized Integrated Comforter
- Insulated hand and arm pockets help to seal out drafts
- Patented self sealing foot vent provides fast and easy ventilation
- Stretch cord closure system helps to seal out drafts
- Material: [shell] 15D nylon ripstop, [lining] 15D nylon ripstop
- Insulation: 800-fill DriDown
- Waterproofing: hydrophobic down treatment (PFC-free)
- Shape: mummy
- Zipper: zipperless design with integrated comforter
- Patent-pending zipperless design provides an ultra-comfortable bag
- Oversized, integrated comforter gives all the comforts of your bed at home
- Full-length, insulated hand/arm pockets help to seal out drafts and seal in warmth
- Patented self-sealing foot vent provides fast and easy ventilation
- Sleeping pad sleeve keeps pad under you for comfort and warmth
Editor’s Choice: ALPS Mountaineering Fusion +40 Degree Sleeping Bag
This sleeping bag is quite unique here and it combines some premium materials, great features, and an incredible price. Above all, this is one of the top outdoor brands. So here is how I rate it:
Thank you for reading. Let me know if you have any question, there is a comment box below. Please check under the category Sports & Outdoor if you need more stuff for your outdoor adventures. Have a nice day.
Last update on 2020-07-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API