If you need a tent that offers some privacy in separate rooms, you will want to check this list of best 2 room tents for family camping, from the best-known brands in this industry. Keep reading.
What exactly is included in this list of 2 room family tents
There are many tents on the market that can be described as multi-room structures. Here is what you can find:
- Sometimes you can have a porch or a vestibule that offers full protection from the rain, so this addition may look like an extra room. These extra spaces are very useful for the storage of the gear and cooking, but they may not have a floor so you are not protected from crawling insects.
- On the other hand, there are tents with screen rooms. In most cases such extra rooms have no full protection from the rain because their walls are mesh. Some of them may have a floor with a drain system in place. But some offer full protection and you will them here in the list.
So the list of 2 room camping tents presented here includes the tents that have two rooms with a fully sewn-in and sealed floor and that offer full protection from the elements and from insects in both rooms. Some of them also have separate doors for each of the rooms, but some are without this luxury.
Regarding the style, you will see all the main types of tents here, and this means extended dome tents, tunnel type tents, and cabin tents. Some of them are for warm-weather summer camping, some are true 3-season tents, but some are designed for any weather and for all seasons.
Note also that the list includes tents with some really specific features. So you will see examples of instant tents, and tents with the so-called dark rest design. There are a few of them that are with a full-coverage fly so if you plan to camp in an area with lots of rain and wind, this is the type to choose.
Regarding the official capacity, the 2 room camping tents in the list are for 6-12 people. But manufacturers usually determine the capacity by the number of sleeping pads that can fit on the floor. This is a backpacking principle and it makes no much sense to use it for camping tents. So it is best to disregard the official capacity and check the actual inner dimensions of the tent, and then decide if it is big enough for you and your family.
There are huge differences in prices, and this is because of the differences in materials. most of them are synthetic tents but you will see an example of a canvas tent as well.
My list with best two-room tents
So here is the list of tents ordered alphabetically so this is not a ranking. Observe that all these tents are from the best-known brands in the industry, and some of them are bestselling tents on Amazon. Please follow the links for more.
- Cabin-like 10-person tent has enough room for 3 queen size air beds
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Hinged front door for easy entry and room divider for extra privacy
- Sets up easily in 20 minutes
- Measures 17 x 9 feet with 6-foot 8-inch center height
- SPACIOUS INTERIOR: Nearly straight walls and an 86-inch center height create generous space to stand up and move around.
- WEATHER PROTECTION: H20 Block Technology combines water-repellent fabrics with a fully taped rainfly and sealed seams to resist rain.
- ADJUSTABLE VENTILATION: Lower air intake vents draw in cool air from the ground while the mesh ceiling allows hot air to escape.
- SCREEN ROOM: The attached screen room creates a comfortable sitting area, or space for additional campers.
- INTERIOR ORGANIZATION: Keep small items off the floor with the conveniently located storage pockets and overhead gear loft with lantern hook.
Last update on 2023-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You might want to check also our separate lists with the best teepee tents for camping and canvas camping tents. In the case of questions or comments please use the comment box below. Thank you for reading and have a nice day.
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.