If you need a tent that offers some privacy in separate rooms, you will want to check this list of best 2 room tents for family camping, from the best-known brands in this industry. Keep reading.
What exactly is included in this list of 2 room family tents
There are many tents on the market that can be described as multi-room structures. Here is what you can find:
- Sometimes you can have a porch or a vestibule that offers full protection from the rain, so this addition may look like an extra room. These extra spaces are very useful for the storage of the gear and cooking, but they may not have a floor so you are not protected from crawling insects.
- On the other hand, there are tents with screen rooms. In most cases such extra rooms have no full protection from the rain because their walls are mesh. Some of them may have a floor with a drain system in place. But some offer full protection and you will them here in the list.
So the list of 2 room camping tents presented here includes the tents that have two rooms with a fully sewn-in and sealed floor and that offer full protection from the elements and from insects in both rooms. Some of them also have separate doors for each of the rooms, but some are without this luxury.
Regarding the style, you will see all the main types of tents here, and this means extended dome tents, tunnel type tents, and cabin tents. Some of them are for warm-weather summer camping, some are true 3-season tents, but some are designed for any weather and for all seasons.
Note also that the list includes tents with some really specific features. So you will see examples of instant tents, and tents with the so-called dark rest design. There are a few of them that are with a full-coverage fly so if you plan to camp in an area with lots of rain and wind, this is the type to choose.
Regarding the official capacity, the 2 room camping tents in the list are for 6-12 people. But manufacturers usually determine the capacity by the number of sleeping pads that can fit on the floor. This is a backpacking principle and it makes no much sense to use it for camping tents. So it is best to disregard the official capacity and check the actual inner dimensions of the tent, and then decide if it is big enough for you and your family.
There are huge differences in prices, and this is because of the differences in materials. most of them are synthetic tents but you will see an example of a canvas tent as well.
My list with best two-room tents
So here is the list of tents ordered alphabetically so this is not a ranking. Observe that all these tents are from the best-known brands in the industry, and some of them are bestselling tents on Amazon. Please follow the links for more.
- INSTANT 60 SECOND SETUP TECHNOLOGY: Poles come pre-attached to the tent for quick assembly - unfold and extend leg poles until they click into position.
- Fabric: Extremely durable military-grade 650 gsm canvas, ripstop, waterproof but breathable preventing condensation and mugginess, CPAI 84 fire retardant (meets all international and USA standards), rot resistant and UV resistant. Built to last with no color fading for 20 years.
- High quality features: Built in PVC flooring with 6 inch flood walls keeps water out. Canvas top cover with extended front porch. High double ceiling with a built in chimney port and air vents, ideal for any weather condition, providing airflow. Features electric supply socket pockets, able to use on-site plumbing. Heavy duty 10YKK zippers and unbendable storm straps. Safe to use with internal heating (with standard precautions).
- Construction: Taped seams to ensure waterproof integrity. Wind tunnel tested to withstand winds of 50 MPH. 6 large windows with mosquito (no-see-um) gauze maximizes airflow. Inner and outer flaps help provide extra warmth or cooling as needed.
- Spacious size: Modular design allows the ability to create 3 rooms or 1 large one. Create a living room, dining room, bathroom or kitchenette with a large extended veranda. 10 foot high double ceiling allows adults to stand comfortably. Perfect for a backyard guest suite, create a luxury glamping resort or a basecamp.
- Specs: Open size 23 feet x 17 feet x 10 feet high. Packed size 84 inches x 48 inches x 24 inches. Weight 794 lbs. Imported.
- Cabin-like 10-person tent has enough room for 3 queen size air beds
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Hinged front door for easy entry and room divider for extra privacy
- Sets up easily in 20 minutes
- Measures 17 x 9 feet with 6-foot 8-inch center height
- Illumiline reflective guylines for greater visibility at night
- WATER-REPELLENT: Omni-Shield coated fabric provides advanced repellency against water and stains. Omni-Shield fabric dries 3-5 times faster than untreated fabric, meaning it stays lighter even when it's wet.
- SPACIOUS CABIN: 16 feet x 11 feet with 86 inch center height; sleeps up to 12 people, fits four queen size air mattresses.
- COMFORTABLE: The water repellent rainfly is removable in warmer weather to expose the mesh ceiling for panoramic views for star gazing on clear summer nights. Also, the advanced venting system uses the adjustable air intake vent designed to draw in cool air from the ground while the mesh ceiling allows hot air to escape keeping you comfortable all season.
- MULTI - ROOM OPTIONS: Enter from the front T-Door or back D-Door. Attach the included room divider to create a separate living and sleeping spaces. Make one side or the other your private sleeping space (5.5' x 11') and use the rest of the space for gear organization (10.5' x 11').
- WHAT'S IN THE BAG: Tent, rainfly, tent poles, awning pole, room divider, tent stakes, and carry bag
- 1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: We strive for total satisfaction with all of our products.
- Sleeps 11 people; Fits three queen air mattresses; Center Height: 86"
- Features front screen room with closable window panels and full tent floor coverage
- CORE H20 Block Technology and adjustable ground vents
- Gear loft with lantern hook and pockets keep items organized and off the tent floor; Electrical cord access port (port is fully closable when not in use)
- Includes tent, tent poles, rain fly, gear loft, tent stakes, expandable carry bag; 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Relax in cabin-like comfort with the Eureka! Copper Canyon 8 eight-person, two-room tent.
- Create extra privacy with the detachable divider curtain, which converts the Copper Canyon 8 from a single large room to two smaller rooms.
- Near-vertical walls in this cabin-style tent create a spacious interior ideal for cots and airbeds.
- Eureka!'s zippered E! Power Port allows you to bring an outdoor-grade electrical power cord inside the tent to power phone chargers and other electronics.
- Six generously-sized zippered windows provide 360-degree views and cross-tent airflow, but also close for privacy.
- Screened Front Porch with Awning
- Sleeping Area with Separate Door and Room Divider
- Interior Pockets for Small Gear Organization
- Color Coded "Easy Pitch" Clips and Poles
- Seam Taped Catenary Cut Floor
- THE ULTIMATE FAMILY CAMPING EXPERIENCE! SUPER SPACIOUS 11 to 12 Person (adult/kids) tent, Detachable Room Divider, 2 Doors, 3 Windows Tent Designed for Easy Assembly with color coded poles. Super 6.9 FT height for maximum comfort.
- FULL COVERAGE RAINFLY: Double layer 190T polyester laminated with polyurethane 2500 mm water column, partially aluminium, heat-welded PU seam sealed and UV protection, Large covered mesh vents provide even more ventilation. Inner tent: Large D-style doors with mosquito mesh for great views and ventilation. Roomy utility pockets and gear loft for gear storage. Poles included for extended canopy.
- FRAME: 100% virgin NANO-FLEX shock corded fiber glass rods with improved diameter and double gold plated ferrules. Aluminium Pin-and-ring system for easy and quick setup.
- MOSQUITO MESH: Inner tent fully breathable with generous Ultra-thin polyester NO-SEE-UM style mesh keeps you safe from smallest insects and mosquitos while offering some privacy from side view (when not using the rainfly).
- FLOOR MATERIAL AND DESIGN: Heavy duty anti-fungus seamless polyethylene with inner silver coated layer keeps you dry and protected enhanced by the unique element barrier bathtub-style construction (you won't wake up in a puddle!). Security: Meets CPAI-84 flammability requirements. Heavy duty carry bag with compression straps and ID label to personalize your tent.
- HASSLE-FREE ENTRANCE AND EXIT: Back to back "D" style doors with inside zippered windows allow you to get in and out easily and view the outdoors
- QUICK SETUP: Shock corded fiberglass frame with pin and ring attachment allow for easy tent set up
- WEATHER PROTECTION: Removable seam-sealed fly included to keep the weather out
- VENTILATION: Vertical zipper on the back of the fly can be opened and rolled back to increase air flow
- KEEP THE TENT CLEAN: A mud mat at the front door helps keep your tent floor clean
You might want to check also our separate lists with the best teepee tents for camping and canvas camping tents. In the case of questions or comments please use the comment box below. Thank you for reading and have a nice day.
Last update on 2020-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API